PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

jl22aries
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
^ there's danger there :lol:

;) I shall take that advice! Also, I take it that the creator of the thread can delete entire posts? Or an admin deletes posts? I guess that helps to "censor" a thread. Well, it was a pleasure to lurkread.

Also from all the Patrick/Takahashi clips and pictures on that thread, there is some serious bromance happening there. They are SO EFFIN CUTE.

elle123
04-10-2012, 01:57 AM
;) I shall take that advice! Also, I take it that the creator of the thread can delete entire posts? Or an admin deletes posts? I guess that helps to "censor" a thread. Well, it was a pleasure to lurkread.

Also from all the Patrick/Takahashi clips and pictures on that thread, there is some serious bromance happening there. They are SO EFFIN CUTE.

I agree ... no trace of cattiness that you sometimes feel coming from other disciplines. I think it's great that they push each other, we fans can only benefit from this :)

elle123
04-10-2012, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWv9IhtsHik

Thanks so much for this clip - Dai's reaction to Patrick's epic "Midori Ito" moment was hilarious.

jettasian
04-10-2012, 02:58 AM
My advice is don't go outside of the Patrick thread.

Sorry, I think some Chan fans should go out and defend his reputation. I can't tolerate the haters keep making up accusations.

spikydurian
04-10-2012, 04:15 AM

:D

professordeb
04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks so much for this clip - Dai's reaction to Patrick's epic "Midori Ito" moment was hilarious.

Watching Dia watching Patrick almost makes me feel like I do when we get to see Brian Orser "skate" with his skaters. Things like this and the video of when they are interviewed post comp just reinforces my lurve of the two of them. I love how they interact with each other. I'll take a podium with those two any time over pretty much anyone else.

elle123
04-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Watching Dia watching Patrick almost makes me feel like I do when we get to see Brian Orser "skate" with his skaters. Things like this and the video of when they are interviewed post comp just reinforces my lurve of the two of them. I love how they interact with each other. I'll take a podium with those two any time over pretty much anyone else.

Totally agree.

Here's a photo of Patrick with Scott and Tessa at the Worlds Banquet:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150635685162741&set=a.10150607125487741.380601.108314752740&type=3&theater

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 07:19 AM
So after loving Patrick's World EX way too much, I decided to go back and watch Jeff Buttle's 2008 World LP. I literally had GOOSEBUMPS I forgot how great it was especially how Buttle's ability to bring out the nuances in the music to Ararat.

Really hope he can choreograph one of Patrick's competitive programs next season.

one of the all-time greatest performances at worlds, imo. and he didn't even get the credit her deserved for such a brilliantly complex program.

like others, i am obsessed with this exhibition piece and would really love for Jeff to work more with Patrick next season.

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 07:31 AM

great advice:)
you know, I kinda worry about people who are so obsessed with trashing Patrick and getting everyone to hate him...I am referring to those posters who start threads under the pretense of discussing a newspaper article when those threads really just seem to be invitations to bash him (at least that is how it appeared to me). I get this impression because they are the same people who have to follow every statement they make about their favourite with some comment about how evil and horrible Patrick is. If Patrick is so 'soulless' and unworthy of our attention why make him the subject of so many posts/threads?

I'm just really happy to be able to come here and chat with all of you:)

spikydurian
04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150635685162741&set=a.10150607125487741.380601.108314752740&type=3&theater

Thanks elle123. Tessa is so pretty. Canada must be proud of them three and the others like Kevin, Emelie, W&P ++ who gave their best at the recent Worlds! ;)

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
So I'm bringing this over from Goldenskate, where I was lurking in the Patrick forum for the first time and oh my god why didn't I KNOW about Goldenskate? I'm kinda loving how civil and articulate the posts have been over there (though I'm just a few pages into my "read". It could take a turn...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWv9IhtsHik

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMxOTU5NTk2.html

thank you so much for posting these, jl22aries! love the relationship between Dai and Patrick :)

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Totally agree.

thanks, elle123:)
they're all so good-looking it hurts

clarie
04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
thanks, elle123:)
they're all so good-looking it hurts

So true. I saw Patrick on the street at during Skate Canada last year. He looks taller in person and smiled and nodded at us, although he didn't know us from Adam. Tessa is "drop dead gorgeous" in person with absolutely flawless luminescent skin. Scott is better looking in person too and was gracious enough to stand and shake my husband's hand when he noticed his old navy jacket (Canadian Armed Forces from way back) at the book signing. I'm very proud of all of them. I've noticed on several occasions Patrick and Dai interacting and joking around....so they must like and respect each other.:)

spikydurian
04-12-2012, 04:22 AM
great advice:)
you know, I kinda worry about people who are so obsessed with trashing Patrick and getting everyone to hate him...I am referring to those posters who start threads under the pretense of discussing a newspaper article when those threads really just seem to be invitations to bash him (at least that is how it appeared to me). I get this impression because they are the same people who have to follow every statement they make about their favourite with some comment about how evil and horrible Patrick is. If Patrick is so 'soulless' and unworthy of our attention why make him the subject of so many posts/threads?

I'm just really happy to be able to come here and chat with all of you:)

True, Bournekraatzfan. I am a late-comer to skating forums, and was shocked to read the ‘cattiness’ in some threads. I had brick bats thrown at me when I spoke out against ‘these people’. :( I find it hard to understand why fandom can be taken to this extreme. (When I have more time on hand, I will search the electronic library for psychology/behavioural sicence journals and articles relating to ‘mad fandom’.)

Meanwhile, I am happy, like you, to share my interests with like-minded people. Just like in reality we tend to gravitate towards friends who share similar interests, passions and philosophy in life. :)

Clarie, thank you for your first hand report on your encounter with Tess, Scott and Patrick. Indeed, I hope these two elite and great skaters (Patrick and Dai) will not succumb to the played-up rivalry and nasty biting by some fans.

jl22aries
04-12-2012, 05:39 AM
True, Bournekraatzfan. I am a late-comer to skating forums, and was shocked to read the ‘cattiness’ in some threads. I had brick bats thrown at me when I spoke out against ‘these people’. :( I find it hard to understand why fandom can be taken to this extreme. (When I have more time on hand, I will search the electronic library for psychology/behavioural sicence journals and articles relating to ‘mad fandom’.)

Meanwhile, I am happy, like you, to share my interests with like-minded people. Just like in reality we tend to gravitate towards friends who share similar interests, passions and philosophy in life. :)

Clarie, thank you for your first hand report on your encounter with Tess, Scott and Patrick. Indeed, I hope these two elite and great skaters (Patrick and Dai) will not succumb to the played-up rivalry and nasty biting by some fans.

I'd say any material exploring the history and psychology of Fanaticism might be on course in understanding some of the nuts posting online. Yeah, I'll call it. These people are obsessed beyond the social norm and that is when the so called "haterz" behaviour manifests. Tis not for me, is all I say. I'm very grateful for most of the posters in here - helping this space stay safe, constructive, and focussed on the aim (= Patrick rocks hard).