PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

fscric
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Would I think a skater didn't deserve to win, I wouldn't call him "a worthy world champion" much as I'd admire his exhibition performance. But that's just me.

I feel that it's the one who said Patrick 'a worthy champion' has changed his tone, I feel that the other one was reluctant but has to keep his actual feeling in check after seeing this performance, but I've always felt that he is less appreciative of Patrick's skating.

spikydurian
04-08-2012, 02:08 AM
. Also I can't see him readily ditching Lori's choreo after all she has done for him thus far. Not a huge slap in the face to go to someone else for the SP and gives Jeff a great chance to prove himself at the top level. Keep Lori for the showcase LP .
I also suspect the LP may be a two-year program to give Patrick the chance to really get it comfortable for Olympics and squeeze out every nuance in the music. Also, if Patrick is planning any more difficult elements (3A+3T, 4S, 4F, etc) he won't be able to invest himself in developing his choreo constantly .

I am of the same mind as you Rock2. Many are calling for him to change choreographer but why should he? As you said, Lori has guided him well thus far and I am sure they both understand each other very well (which I think is important in any relationship be it professional or personal).
There is still time for Patrick to push himself both artistically and technically prior to lead up to Sochi, isn’t it? He has pushed the bar a bit higher this year and every minute push makes it so much more exciting in the standard of men’s skating where the current depth is growing.

Just a warning to all the ubers - I just watch the Brit Eurosport version of Patrick's FS on Youtube and it's not something that will make ubers especially happy, so watch at your own discretion.

Elle123, I have grown accustomed to personal attacks and insults on Patrick on forums and you-tube that all that matters to me is for Patrick to be ‘happy, healthy and motivated’. I wish he can ‘retire’ with the prized OGM as an ultimate gift to his parents (who sacrificed so much for their son), the late Mr Colson (who guided and believed in him), Canada (for a gold in figure-skating) and for himself (the retirement prize). (K, just dreaming for Patrick :)). What comes may, gold or no gold, he just keeps improving and we keep watching. Go Patrick. You have lots of people who also wish you well.

jl22aries
04-08-2012, 04:55 AM
I have grown accustomed to personal attacks and insults on Patrick on forums and you-tube that all that matters to me is for Patrick to be ‘happy, healthy and motivated’. I wish he can ‘retire’ with the prized OGM as an ultimate gift to his parents (who sacrificed so much for their son), the late Mr Colson (who guided and believed in him), Canada (for a gold in figure-skating) and for himself (the retirement prize). (K, just dreaming for Patrick :)). What comes may, gold or no gold, he just keeps improving and we keep watching. Go Patrick. You have lots of people who also wish you well.

I get you, man. I have rather peacefully reconciled myself to "those" types of posters and really feel no less convinced of my belief in Patrick and love for his skating.

What a mark Patrick has already left on the sport. His skating has provoked so many debates, ruffled feathers, left so many in awe, inspired the gamut of reactions, thoughts and emotions. That's something rather considerable, no?

clarie
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
His "naysayers" may get the last word, but his fans get the last laugh.....at least for this year. He is rightfully the 2012 Men's Figure Skating Champion. He really has made his mark on the sport....much to the dismay of ubers of other skaters. I find that I am becoming more hardened to the negativity regarding Patrick and just enjoy his successes and reading all the positive things about him......and, of course, enjoying his skating over and over again, and looking forward to 2012/13.

Emdee
04-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I too am more hardened to the negativity.Its all sour grapes in my opinion.
Its funny that the other skaters ( other than Abbott) dont seem to have that negativity. In fact Dai has been trying to improve his skating skills with Lambiel etc for a year. As they say he is a skater's skater and its skaters who recognize his genius ... and of course us ubers too!

ali_dorate
04-08-2012, 01:44 PM
He will have a last chance to skate "Aranjuez" at the World Team Trophy.
Although he was bit off last time he skated at WTT in 2009, and it may be difficult for him to concentrate again after the most important event like Worlds, I hope he'll finish this season with a good feeling.

"Aranjuez" is such a masterpiece! I know he skated great at Nationals. But I wanna see his big smile right after that finish pose.

walei
04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
So after loving Patrick's World EX way too much, I decided to go back and watch Jeff Buttle's 2008 World LP. I literally had GOOSEBUMPS I forgot how great it was especially how Buttle's ability to bring out the nuances in the music to Ararat.

Really hope he can choreograph one of Patrick's competitive programs next season.

algonquin
04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
I too am more hardened to the negativity.Its all sour grapes in my opinion.
Its funny that the other skaters ( other than Abbott) dont seem to have that negativity. In fact Dai has been trying to improve his skating skills with Lambiel etc for a year. As they say he is a skater's skater and its skaters who recognize his genius ... and of course us ubers too!What has Abbott said?

skatesindreams
04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I think that Emdee was referring to attitudes about Jeremy.
He is nearly as much a "lightening rod" for strong opinions as is Patrick.

algonquin
04-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I think that Emdee was referring to attitudes about Jeremy.
He is nearly as much a "lightening rod" for strong opinions as is Patrick.Ah, that makes sense. If I remember Jeremy tweeted praise for Patrick's skate at 2011 Canadians.

spikydurian
04-08-2012, 11:05 PM
So after loving Patrick's World EX way too much, I decided to go back and watch Jeff Buttle's 2008 World LP. I literally had GOOSEBUMPS I forgot how great it was especially how Buttle's ability to bring out the nuances in the music to Ararat.

Really hope he can choreograph one of Patrick's competitive programs next season.

A great way to launch and torpedo his name into the list of top world choreographers. It is indeed a masterpiece. Jeff has the ability to design something to bring the best out of the skater.

Kudos should also be given to Kathy Johnson who worked with Patrick to improve the finer details of his hand and body movement.

Oh yes, the slow-learner me has just discovered the 'ignore button feature'. Yes! Thank you to the person who wrote this feature. I will make use of it. :D

jl22aries
04-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I too love that exhibition way too much. It's like, daily. Like stretching. "Time for another dose."

And Elegie is splendid. Delicious music. Sooooo Romantic.

jl22aries
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
So I'm bringing this over from Goldenskate, where I was lurking in the Patrick forum for the first time and oh my god why didn't I KNOW about Goldenskate? I'm kinda loving how civil and articulate the posts have been over there (though I'm just a few pages into my "read". It could take a turn...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWv9IhtsHik

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMxOTU5NTk2.html

fscric
04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
My advice is don't go outside of the Patrick thread.

clarie
04-09-2012, 03:18 PM
My advice is don't go outside of the Patrick thread.

^ there's danger there :lol: