PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

sequins
04-03-2012, 07:12 PM
This is probably a rough draft of the program. More will be added as time progresses, until it is chock full of detail. And point-getters. If there's anyone who knows how to make COP work, it's Jeff Buttle.

I would so love that, but maybe it should be for Sochi it looks pretty special already.

elle123
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree and it's particularly cool that Jeff is choreographing for Patrick given their competitive history. I'm sure it had to sting a little bit when Jeff lost his national title to Patrick, but obviously Jeff turned it into something good when he won the World title a couple months later, and it's nice to see that he's turning around and helping to make Patrick better.

I agree, it probably stung a bit but I think it also gave Jeff the motivation to put it down at Worlds and did he ever!

jl22aries
04-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I would so love that, but maybe it should be for Sochi it looks pretty special already.

I actually watched it thinking it could be an SP. It has shades of Jeff's '05 short (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbTaxPgexA). Can you imagine a footwork sequence by Patrick akin to Jeff's '05...done to really soft music so you can really hear the blade?! Perfection.

Here's the Brit Eurosport of his exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1KF4Y1HVM&feature=g-all-u&context=G2c72ec6FAAAAAAAACAA

Aussie Willy
04-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Well the video clip of the small medal ceremony shows that when it comes to Chan and Takahashi all the bad sportsmanship comes from the fans, not them. They appear to have nothing but respect for each other.

Just saw the Chan exhibition. Really beautiful program. Loved the 1 1/2 flip/lutz where he then lands forward into a lunge. It might be a small thing but it just demonstrates his versitility and control. Quite a Buttle move as well.

jettasian
04-04-2012, 05:30 AM
This is probably a rough draft of the program. More will be added as time progresses, until it is chock full of detail. And point-getters. If there's anyone who knows how to make COP work, it's Jeff Buttle.

What do you mean? Is Chan going to use this for his next year's SP? That'd be awesome! Maybe we should tweet him to consider it :D

spikydurian
04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I actually watched it thinking it could be an SP. It has shades of Jeff's '05 short (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbTaxPgexA). Can you imagine a footwork sequence by Patrick akin to Jeff's '05...done to really soft music so you can really hear the blade?! Perfection.

Here's the Brit Eurosport of his exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1KF4Y1HVM&feature=g-all-u&context=G2c72ec6FAAAAAAAACAA

I like your suggestion jl22aries. :)
Thanks for the Brit Eurosport vid. The commentator was showering compliments on Patrick. So happy for him.

Bournekraatzfan
04-04-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TdlLoQgZFhI#t=518s

How cute is this when Hanyu and Takahashi are asked who their favourite skaters are!?

I guess they don't think Chan is soulless and without musicality and undeserving of any of his wins!

thank you so much! Like others, I also think their interactions are very sweet. nice to see such respect and camaraderie from them.

spikydurian
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Posting this old vid which I absolutely enjoy watching. Brian Orser, Kurt Browning (my old time favourite), kid Patrick with the late Mr Colson. Wish Mr Colson was around to watch Patrick win the 2011 Worlds gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tPJiIUVtSs

skatesindreams
04-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm sure that Mr. Colson with "with" Patrick during his EX.
It exemplified everything he taught.

elle123
04-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sure that Mr. Colson with "with" Patrick during his EX.
It exemplified everything he taught.

I agree. I think he's been on this journey "with" Patrick all along, even if he's not alive.

Just a warning to all the ubers - I just watch the Brit Eurosport version of Patrick's FS on Youtube and it's not something that will make ubers especially happy, so watch at your own discretion.

Scrufflet
04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
/\ By the time he skated the gala, they changed their tune!

VarBar
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM
/\ By the time he skated the gala, they changed their tune!

:lol:

It was not the first time they changed their tune and they aren't the only commentators I know who changed their minds by the time of the exhibition skates.

I also recall British Eurosport last year at Worlds thought Virtue and Moir had won the competition when the free dances were over. Which just shows that even the best of us can be wrong in their assessments. lol

Proustable
04-07-2012, 10:26 PM
In fairness, they didn't change their minds. They disagreed with the results of the competition, but were very admiring of what he put on in the gala.

Whereas they thought V/M's loss was highway robbery and didn't change their tune by the Gala.

VarBar
04-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Would I think a skater didn't deserve to win, I wouldn't call him "a worthy world champion" much as I'd admire his exhibition performance. But that's just me.

Davis and White were the rightful winners of the gold medal in Moscow IMO but I am not a trained judge, nor am I a professional figure skating commentator.

Rock2
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
His exhibition is just crazy good. I'd like to see that music cut down to be a very sophisticated SP for next year. Great contrast to Take 5. I don't see it as an LP because that would be two introspective LPs in a row for Patrick and I expect he's going to mix it up and give something more powerful and in-your-face for next year.

Also I can't see him readily ditching Lori's choreo after all she has done for him thus far. Not a huge slap in the face to go to someone else for the SP and gives Jeff a great chance to prove himself at the top level. Keep Lori for the showcase LP.

I also suspect the LP may be a two-year program to give Patrick the chance to really get it comfortable for Olympics and squeeze out every nuance in the music. Also, if Patrick is planning any more difficult elements (3A+3T, 4S, 4F, etc) he won't be able to invest himself in developing his choreo constantly.

There is too much work put into this program to me to leave me feeling it's just for exh. I think it's a running start on the SP. We'll see.