PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

The Accordion
04-03-2012, 05:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TdlLoQgZFhI#t=518s

How cute is this when Hanyu and Takahashi are asked who their favourite skaters are!?

I guess they don't think Chan is soulless and without musicality and undeserving of any of his wins!

jl22aries
04-03-2012, 05:40 AM
I think the Chan and Takahashi's interaction, dare I say bromance, is super cute.

The Accordion
04-03-2012, 05:43 AM
I think the Chan and Takahashi's interaction, dare I say bromance, is super cute.

Totally!
:lol:

elle123
04-03-2012, 05:44 AM

How cute is this when Hanyu and Takahashi are asked who their favourite skaters are!?

I guess they don't think Chan is soulless and without musicality and undeserving of any of his wins!

Too cute! Thanks for sharing the link :)

IceAlisa
04-03-2012, 05:56 AM

SUPER CUTE! I love it when Patrick and Dai supported each other as they were putting on their blade guards. Their body language indicates that they are very comfortable with each other, nice to see. That's SPORTMANSHIP! :respec:

walei
04-03-2012, 06:17 AM
SUPER CUTE! I love it when Patrick and Dai supported each other as they were putting on their blade guards. Their body language indicates that they are very comfortable with each other, nice to see. That's SPORTMANSHIP! :respec:

Word.

Kind of reminds me of the rivalry between Kwan and Slutskaya.

ponta1
04-03-2012, 06:40 AM

Love this clip, and Hanyu, Daisuke and Patrick!!

And I agree with jl22aries, the interaction between Daisuke and Patrick is so cute!!

Marco
04-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Word.

Kind of reminds me of the rivalry between Kwan and Slutskaya.

You mean when Sarah Hughes first got onto the World podium in 2001? And guess what? She climbed onto the top of the podium in the next season and Kwan and Slute no longer had that "eww" look on their faces. :P

spikydurian
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
The choreography in this program is completely unpredictable. There are probably twenty times or more when Patrick caught the spotlight operator offguard by suddenly changing direction at full speed, and then the spotlight operator would have to rush to catch up to him.

I watch his Ex again and just love the sound of his blades cutting through the ice. :swoon:

VarBar
04-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I would love this Elegy to be turned into one of Patrick's competitive programs for next season. Jeffrey Buttle created some beautiful contrasts in the choreography and gave Patrick time to finish all his moves and really get into the depth of the music. It's an amazing piece of work.

But Chan most likely wouldn't rack up as many points for a program like that as he does skating at full speed to Lori Nichol's non-stop choreographies.

Erin
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Jeff Buttle has such a unique voice, no one else moves quite like him in his programs, and man I've missed him since he's retired. It is SO AWESOME we can get a little "Jeff" channelled through a none too shabby vehicle in Patrick.

I agree and it's particularly cool that Jeff is choreographing for Patrick given their competitive history. I'm sure it had to sting a little bit when Jeff lost his national title to Patrick, but obviously Jeff turned it into something good when he won the World title a couple months later, and it's nice to see that he's turning around and helping to make Patrick better.

Jeff needs to do more choreo.

This. I loved what he did for Amelie Lacoste last year, he helped with Javier's brilliant short program this year, and I'm sure there are other examples that I can't think of. Actually, even when he was still competing, he did the choreography for Yu-Na's Yentl program she had as a junior, which was a good indication of what he could do.

The other thing about Jeff is that he was the master of maximizing points as a competitor, so any skater that had a competitive program choreographed by him would know they were getting the best in that department.

So, back to Patrick...love, love, love that exhibition. Agree that it would be a great competitive vehicle for him.

I really hope he gets two new programs next year - I thought it showed towards the end of this season that Take 5 was getting old for him. The only problem is that Patrick's programs are so challenging that he always takes a while to get used to the choreography. But maybe if he converts an exhibition, that issue will be solved.

fscric
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
The best quality of Patrick's exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M5Oxe272bU

JasperBoy
04-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I would love this Elegy to be turned into one of Patrick's competitive programs for next season. Jeffrey Buttle created some beautiful contrasts in the choreography and gave Patrick time to finish all his moves and really get into the depth of the music. It's an amazing piece of work.

But Chan most likely wouldn't rack up as many points for a program like that as he does skating at full speed to Lori Nichol's non-stop choreographies.

This is probably a rough draft of the program. More will be added as time progresses, until it is chock full of detail. And point-getters. If there's anyone who knows how to make COP work, it's Jeff Buttle.

sequins
04-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Awwwww! That is so nice and so sweet. I love that at the end of the day there is humour, admiration and sportsmanship. Too bad some 'fans' can't learn from it.

skatesindreams
04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
This is probably a rough draft of the program. More will be added as time progresses, until it is chock full of detail. And point-getters. If there's anyone who knows how to make COP work, it's Jeff Buttle.

I hope that this is indeed a "rough draft".
If so. what an LP it will be!