PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

geoskate
04-02-2012, 03:54 AM
I felt sorry for the poor spotlight operator for the Worlds exhibition program. It's quite entertaining to watch where Patrick is on the ice and where the spotlight is.

The choreography in this program is completely unpredictable. There are probably twenty times or more when Patrick caught the spotlight operator offguard by suddenly changing direction at full speed, and then the spotlight operator would have to rush to catch up to him.

walei
04-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks, I'm watching the main CBC coverage and Kurt also mentioned it. Watching the EX program again, I am in awe of that final spin sequence.

They also showed a clip of Kurt interviewing Patrick in Nice before they showed his EX program. Kurt basically asked him what mark he wants to leave on the sport, what he learned from this week and also telling him how proud of him he is :) I don't think anyone can really appreciate what Patrick has done this week anymore than Kurt can.

Thank you for the report!

Such a heart warming comradely between past and current Canadian and World Champs. Now if I can only erase Elvis from my memory....

The Accordion
04-02-2012, 05:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCkUlLFKUMg

Enjoy!

Thanks! :)

IceAlisa
04-02-2012, 05:30 AM
I have to admit I've watched Patrick's exhibition about 10 times already and it's not getting old yet. :shuffle:

manhn
04-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Towards the end of the performance, I think there was the sound of a baby crying. It actually fit with the performance.

fscric
04-02-2012, 06:18 AM
I felt sorry for the poor spotlight operator for the Worlds exhibition program. It's quite entertaining to watch where Patrick is on the ice and where the spotlight is.

The choreography in this program is completely unpredictable. There are probably twenty times or more when Patrick caught the spotlight operator offguard by suddenly changing direction at full speed, and then the spotlight operator would have to rush to catch up to him.

Agree. There are times I felt the camera almost couldn't follow him. He doesn't do all those twists and turns but he just fly so fast across the ice.

jl22aries
04-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Jeff Buttle has such a unique voice, no one else moves quite like him in his programs, and man I've missed him since he's retired. It is SO AWESOME we can get a little "Jeff" channelled through a none too shabby vehicle in Patrick.

Jeff needs to do more choreo.

It's wonderful that Patrick is getting different choreographers to design his exhibition programs. Elegy and Mannish Boy are going to be great counterparts for any summer shows he'll be doing. (Is he doing Yuna's All That Skate?)

IceAlisa
04-02-2012, 06:29 AM
Jeff needs to do more choreo.

Word. Jeff could be the new Camerlengo.

spikydurian
04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
He/she knows that...just another bigot who hides behind a computer screen because they likely don't have the b*lls to say these things face-to-face.
:lol:

spikydurian
04-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks, I'm watching the main CBC coverage and Kurt also mentioned it. Watching the EX program again, I am in awe of that final spin sequence.

They also showed a clip of Kurt interviewing Patrick in Nice before they showed his EX program. Kurt basically asked him what mark he wants to leave on the sport, what he learned from this week and also telling him how proud of him he is :) I don't think anyone can really appreciate what Patrick has done this week anymore than Kurt can.

Jeff Buttle is en route to be a great choreographer like David Wilson and Lori Nichol. Best to showcase one's talent through another talent! Canada produces many fine choreographers indeed.

elle123, can you provide the link to this interview? I can't find it? I love watching both Patrick and Kurt together. They are like 'naughty brothers in arm' :D

clarie
04-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Such a heart warming comradely between past and current Canadian and World Champs. Now if I can only erase Elvis from my memory....

:lol:^

I've seen the Mannish Boy ex. # before but enjoyed watching that particular clip. He has it all.

elle123
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
The interview aired on the CBC coverage of the EX, I'll share the link if I find it online.

sequins
04-02-2012, 07:17 PM

I wish. A plea to the media, please stop asking for his opinion. To think I absolutely use to love him. Now it's like he's just all bitter and angry. No class.

Bournekraatzfan
04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
add me to the list of people who love his new gala program and would like to see him work more with Jeff Buttle (who is one of my all-time favourites). I saw something new in Patrick, in how he moved and related to the music. just loved it:)

sequins
04-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Count me in to for Jeff doing more choreography. I didn't know he did Patrick's ex. # but I'm not surprised, he's a skating genius and one of my all-time favs. as well. Love me some Jeffy!:)