PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

lauravvv
04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Yes, Chan's new exhibition program is wonderful. A new direction for him, also great musicality and interpretation. I was waiting for him to do something like this, because until now he has never really moved or impressed me except with his skating skills and quite huge jumps. But, to tell the truth, I doubted that he was capable of it. Now he proved that he is. I hope to see more interesting programs from him in the future.

MrLucky
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
And maybe you should get over to youtube and add some more dislikes to Paddy's vids and spew some more bullshit to people equally uninformed who might actually be stupid enough to care what you say?

Just a suggestion :rolleyes:

Pretty thoughtless suggestion Flo........

Does that pass for wit here? :rolleyes:

You go to YouTube if that is what makes you happy

floskate
04-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Pretty stupid and thoughtless suggestion Flo........

Does that pass for wit here? :rolleyes:

A bit rich considering your posting history in this thread. Now CUT IT OUT!! Not a fan of Patrick? Fine, you won't struggle for company on here and there are plenty of other threads for your to argue your point like an adult. Maybe then people might start to take you seriously. Trolling and baiting for your own amusement is not the way forward and will make your stay here a short one. :rolleyes:

Emdee
04-01-2012, 10:20 PM
I absolutely love that last spin series in the ex program. It was great to see it again on You tube.
Actually some of the nuances remind me of his early work like 4 seasons. Since that time his programs were based on COP in order to maximize marks and why not.

Just because Chan has mastered the quick moving artistic/techical programs people doubted he had this artistry in him. I am glad he did this ex to show the other side of himself.

Skate Talker
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
No need, I've seen that performance on Youtube more than I ever want to admit. That's why I knew he was behind his music :lol:

Well, he was...99.99% perfect, not 100? But what I meant was at World.

Just curious - did you see this in person too? The reason I ask is that both CBC at Worlds and CTV at Canadians had very frequent audio/video synchonization problems. It was obvious at times with the commentators on screen. When I replayed my video captures I had to adjust the timing in my media player because it was annoying me. (Guess I'm just sensitive that way.) I do agree that what I saw was Patrick skating just off time with the music, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt given what I observed with the commentators. When I adjusted his skate the same amount as the talking heads he appeared to me to be spot on the music. With many skaters it is impossible to tell if they are on time or not because of the way they move to the music - with Patrick I can tell the difference.

fscric
04-01-2012, 11:55 PM
A better quality of Patrick's exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZKX--skJTI&feature=channel

agalisgv
04-02-2012, 12:37 AM
A better quality of Patrick's exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZKX--skJTI&feature=channel
Thanks for the link :)

This has to be my favorite program of his. IMO, classical music shows off his style of skating better than some of the earlier suggestions (eg. Michael Jackson, pop music, blues). I hope he develops this for next year, or at least chooses a similar style of music. I think his skating works best when it lets the music speak through his skating (rather than him adopting a persona and performing it through his program).

Oh, and I didn't think the shirt really billowed at all.

jl22aries
04-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Hey Chan Ubers, let's try a social experiment and just every body ignore Bigot. Let's see what happens when Bigot and his voice gets completely silenced through our cohesive agreement to focus on the positive and our appreciation for Patrick, and ignore the haplessly ignorant.

And if you are compelled to continue giving notice to Bigot, PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE BIGOT.

Thank you guys!

puglover
04-02-2012, 01:34 AM
What a joy it must be to choreograph a program for a skater who can put it out on the ice like that. Just sublime.

elle123
04-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know for sure whether Jeff choreographed that EX program for Patrick? If so, he needs to do some more programs for him in the future. I'm not suggesting he leave Lori but maybe just have her choreograph one of his programs instead of both.

geoskate
04-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes, the person who invented the 'ignore' feature is a hero. It improves FSU so much.

I was hoping for the David Wilson exhibition from Japan, which was wonderful, but this was every bit as good, but in a completely different way. With those two contrasting exhibitions he's shown us a versatility that I didn't know he possessed.

Superb!

The Accordion
04-02-2012, 02:24 AM
the David Wilson exhibition from Japan,

Do you have a link?

jl22aries
04-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Do you have a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCkUlLFKUMg

Enjoy!

fscric
04-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Does anyone know for sure whether Jeff choreographed that EX program for Patrick? If so, he needs to do some more programs for him in the future. I'm not suggesting he leave Lori but maybe just have her choreograph one of his programs instead of both.

DFJ in the exhibition thread posted that PJ Kwong said Jeff Buttle tweeted her confirming this.

elle123
04-02-2012, 03:20 AM
DFJ in the exhibition thread posted that PJ Kwong said Jeff Buttle tweeted her confirming this.

Thanks, I'm watching the main CBC coverage and Kurt also mentioned it. Watching the EX program again, I am in awe of that final spin sequence.

They also showed a clip of Kurt interviewing Patrick in Nice before they showed his EX program. Kurt basically asked him what mark he wants to leave on the sport, what he learned from this week and also telling him how proud of him he is :) I don't think anyone can really appreciate what Patrick has done this week anymore than Kurt can.