PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

aaron
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the cool thread Rafter! I will join the Patty uber bandwagon :cool:

I admire Patrick's effort to pile up new challenges every year without losing the great quality he has in skating. His LP this season is a pure beauty... even with some mistakes. I find this program extremely hard with all those transitions and high-level elements with almost no time to prepare, but I do believe he can work it up by end of the season just like last year. GO!! Patrick!!! :cheer:

l'etoile
11-23-2011, 03:42 PM
the whole post Incredibly well said:respec:

The first skate I saw from Chan was his 4CC 2009 SP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBW8TsHGTsM).

Been a fan ever since.
I wasn't a fan then but was curiously intrigued by his short program performance at TEB in 2008. I think maybe the music played a role a bit but when I watched that I thought, "He is different". Then he was struggling during olympic season and in Vancouver, it was painful to watch him skate just b/c it was such a shame that a young talent couldn't shine at the right moment for his honor, the olympic in his country!:(

And been a fan since last season even though he wasn't perfect from the beginning, Patrick with quads looked like a totally new, evolved skater and I liked what I saw:D!

Patrick! A really great skater and what's more a really nice with a fantastic sense of humour. :cheer:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Panties-for-Patrick/229751790425560 :D
:rofl:

walei
11-24-2011, 01:37 AM
I find Patrick really approachable during his interviews. Especially when he won Worlds in Moscow and asked how he was going to celebrate, without hesitation Patrick said "Vodka".

bbkenn
11-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Count me in. I am a BIG fan and love his LP this year. It is effortless and seamless. I hate reading all the Chan haters and their mockery of him for a fall when they don't mention that he is one of 2 men out there successfully landing a quad-triple in every competition so far this season. His footwork, edgework, and constant transitions are amazing. People don't really get how difficult most of what he does because he makes it look so easy.

jl22aries
11-26-2011, 07:31 AM
I love Patrick. Seeing his LP at Nationals last year was such a privelege and one of the best things I have ever seen live, just remembering the thrill and excitement brings chills. His LP this year has knocked things up to another level.

Bournekraatzfan
11-27-2011, 07:37 AM
^ This!
There is only so much time in a skater's training and skaters have to choose how to spend it.

I don't mind AT ALL if he keeps a program for more than a year since it allows him the time to work on everything he can do brilliantly.

LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing his long program at Nats last year. I have watched a LOT of skating in my life - and watching that program live is one of the absolute highlights.

Likewise, I don't begrudge him falling as he works the bugs out of whatever new element / feature / skill he is trying to add or improve.

PS - I like it here! :) :swoon:

I agree. His programs are so intricate and beautifully crafted that I do not mind them being recycled. and his POTO was quite different from his 2009/2010 LP--he changed a lot of the choreography and I felt he really breathed new life into it.

You are so lucky to have been at Nationals last year! I'll bet that is a moment you'll never forget!

Polymer Bob
11-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Is THIS why my rep status is now "throwing panties at patrick"?

And do people actually do that? Because that is hysterical, and weirdly makes a lot more sense than stuffies...

They are talking about this over at GoldenSkate. Apparently there is a movement to get fans to throw panties at Patrick at the Grand Prix Final.

This happened at Skate Canada. He told his coach about it in the K & C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlJijSgjdWM&t=6m55s

clarie
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I love Patrick. Seeing his LP at Nationals last year was such a privelege and one of the best things I have ever seen live, just remembering the thrill and excitement brings chills. His LP this year has knocked things up to another level.

I wasn't there last year :( but watched it on the big screen. To me it was the best LP I'd ever seen. This new one, if skated clean, will be a masterpiece...already it has grown on me.........his footwork sequences....wonderful and exciting.

Vash01
11-27-2011, 11:21 PM
I am not yet a Patrick Chan fan, but I admit that his stroking is sublime, and I love the way he pays attention to every detail, every moment of the program. He has wonderful flow, posture, his arms and legs are always in perfect positions. I would like to see him eliminate some of the mistakes. I have no problem with him winning with a fall in the LP, and no other major mistake. However, I saw him make 4 mistakes (one of them a fall) in the TEB (I am behind in watching the TEB). He needs to avoid that, and may be make just two mistakes. He has improved over the last two years, so he could get there. He is beautiful to watch, even with the mistakes.

geoskate
11-28-2011, 05:34 AM
I loved watching his reaction at the end of his long program at TEB - completely in character while the music was on, then one moment right when the music ended that his dissatisfaction with the program was evident on his face, then putting on his game face (a smile) and acknowledging the crowd.

That to me is the mark of someone who is aiming for great skating, not just for the win. I think he must have known after the skate that even with his errors he would win, considering the field and especially considering his lead after the short program. His reaction suggested that he wants more than just to win; it seems that he wants to become a truly great skater.

I think he's almost there. By the end of the season his long program could be a masterpiece.

clarie
11-28-2011, 12:25 PM
I, as a fan, can forgive his performance at TEB, after all he was sick, so it would be expected that he wouldn't have the same amount of energy or stamina to complete his program to the best of his ability. All in all, I'd say he did pretty well in spite of it all. :)

Sylvia
11-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Here's the link to Patrick's fun interview by fans at TEB (as posted in the "Orange Team Interviews" thread): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpuZNqY1Ec

kwanette
11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Here's the link to Patrick's fun interview by fans at TEB (as posted in the "Orange Team Interviews" thread): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpuZNqY1Ec

Delightful interview.

I don't know if I am an "uber" but I love his skating. I'm mesmerized by his feet and have been since the first time I saw him "live" at SA in 07.

clarie
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Delightful interview.

I don't know if I am an "uber" but I love his skating. I'm mesmerized by his feet and have been since the first time I saw him "live" at SA in 07.

We all know Kwanette: You want to marry them....his feet, that is :lol::lol:

kwanette
11-28-2011, 08:53 PM
We all know Kwanette: You want to marry them....his feet, that is :lol::lol:

I do and I have told him so on more than one occasion. That said, I'd definitely go to the prom with Jeremy Abbott's feet..