PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Debrah
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Go Patrick!

Here is where his work ethic and training have paid off, even under such intense pressure and expectation to be perfect and win again (always more so when one is defending the crown and wondering if the stars own talents and skills plus judges and skating politics are still aligned for you) the answer is yes, yes, yes! I think his victory in the short is made so much sweeter since he really had to work for it and grind it out this time and conquer his own demons and doubts, banish from his mind some bad practices leading up to worlds and some tough talk from his competitors. There is no doubt he is still the man to beat and even a sub par performance is miles ahead of all the other contenders!

He will take them all to school in the long which is where he really will shine!

VarBar
03-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Seems like Chan didn't need his best skate to take the lead in the short program.:P

I was really fearing the worst after seeing him struggle with Take Five all season long and also seeing him quite nervous when he came out to skate earlier today, so I am very very proud of him now for how he was able to handle the pressure.:respec:

Go Patrick!:kickass:

clarie
03-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Patrick did an admirable job of handling the pressure (and the ice conditions) today. Not his best, but good enough to stand at the top of the leader board. It's his training that paid off today and hope it stands him in good stead for the LP. :)

puglover
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Patrick skates last in the Free Skate. Does anyone know when the flood is. Just before the last group I hope as this ice seems to get pretty chewed up.

Rafter
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure that is a good thing that Patrick skates last. Hasn't he said before that he hates skating last??

Decent skate from him today. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the quad and 3a considering how I read his practices were going.

I'm glad this is the last time we'll see this short program. I am so sick of it and I think Chan is too. I don't get the feeling he really buys into the some of the choreo in it.

a56
03-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Wishing nothing but the best for Patrick for the free skate. :)

spikydurian
03-31-2012, 03:40 AM
Wishing nothing but the best for Patrick for the free skate. :)
Me too. He looked nervous when he stepped out on ice yesterday, and my heart missed some beats as he wobbled a bit on his step sequence.
I hope he's feeling better today.
Go Patrick go, no matter what happens, we are always behind you. Stay calm.

spikydurian
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
His SP in Nice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ7An03EO4U)
Yes, indeed his face shows it all.

elle123
03-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Congrats Patrick on defending your title!! :)

Hopefully he can get into a bubble and stay away from all the bashing that will inevitably ensue.

spikydurian
03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Congrats Patrick on defending your title!! :)

Hopefully he can get into a bubble and stay away from all the bashing that will inevitably ensue.

Yeah, congrats Patrick. Not your best skate but good enough to win. I am very happy for you.

Don't worry, which ever way, 'they will complain'. You don't fall, they complain, you fall they will also complain. You can't please everyone so be it. :)

Looking forward to the next season and your new SP. As always, stay happy and healthy.

falling_dance
03-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Congrats to the two-time World champion. :) I hope he'll find ways to improve his mental game still more as a result of his experiences this week.

walei
03-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Congrats to Patrick for defending his title!!!

I was so nervous because reading the practice reports it seemed that he was really having difficulties landing the quads. Tonight wasn't his best skate, finished behind the music and had a few jumping mistakes. That just shows how much of a fighter he is to land the BEAUTIFUL quad and quad triple. That waxel was hilarious, even his coaches were poking fun at him towards the end.

I hope he isn't affected by the rude audience, I know from previous interviews that he does get upset from that.

Again congrats to Patrick Chan, two times World Champion!!

sequins
03-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Congrats Champ! 2x WORLD CHAMPION!!!:respec:

What is up with that crowd? Patrick deserved it. It wasn't a landslide,and I'm sorry he certainly wasn't perfect but he certainly didn't do enough to lose. I always wished he'd do a perfect skate at Worlds and shut everyone up but I've come to realize that probably won't work either. Haters will always hate, but that was just rude and very undeserved. I felt bad for him. BTW anyone else think he looked scared to death.
I thought that like the dance it was a very well skated event. Takahashi was great, Hanyu :swoon: my first intro to him. I can't wait to see what he does in the future I'll be watching. He had me all choked up.

Oh lord! Elvis is on CBC news 'analyzing' the skate. Saying Brezina should've won the SP and 'Dai-suki' is the best skater in the world but Chan has great edge quality and could compete with the ice dancers and is almost there, but is the 'so-called' greatest and yet still makes mistakes. Okay Elvis I thought artistry wasn't important I thought you might say Joubert should've won. Isn't it all jumps for you?
BTW I'm not arguing Daisuke's greatness I love him but I just always feel like Elvis wants to trash all over the Canadian men sometimes first Jeff and now Pat and why? To hold onto his legacy? For me he just taints it more and more everytime he opens his mouth. Why can't he show some support, you know like the support he received from both Kurt and Brian. It'd be nice once in awhile.

Lissa
03-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Omg what happened? Was the audience booing his win?:rolleyes:

Bue
03-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Omg what happened? Was the audience booing his win?:rolleyes:

Pretty much. The poor kid was just sitting there a little like a pariah, looking slightly overwhelmed and shell shocked.