PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

falling_dance
03-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Kurt Browning remarked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc2jXafZZws&t=58s) that Chan failed to land a single clean triple axel during the warm-up before his 2008 Canadians FS.

jettasian
03-24-2012, 01:52 AM
So, maybe he's psyching his competitors out ;) Who knows, lol

Skate Talker
03-24-2012, 04:24 PM
The most important thing is that he apparently doesn't psych himself out with a poor practices and poor warm ups.

elle123
03-25-2012, 04:29 AM
The 16:9 special on Patrick Chan aired tonight and I was able to catch it. Hopefully they'll upload it to the GlobalTV website so everyone will be able to watch it, too. Some great insight into his family life and his coaching team. Besides Patrick, his coaching team, his dad and Kurt Browning gave interviews as well.

spikydurian
03-25-2012, 06:28 AM
The 16:9 special on Patrick Chan aired tonight and I was able to catch it. Hopefully they'll upload it to the GlobalTV website so everyone will be able to watch it, too. Some great insight into his family life and his coaching team. Besides Patrick, his coaching team, his dad and Kurt Browning gave interviews as well.
Waiting for it to be uploaded here. :)

spikydurian
03-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Just found it .. here (http://www.globalnews.ca/video/index.html?v=Pv_P4zqwXTmg91C8HTkLLAIY_dJLNAq6#vide o)
I thoroughly enjoy this video, thanks to Global tv.ca. Indded elle123, what in insight into Patrick's life in Colorado and the people around him.
There was a lump in my throat when Mr Lewis Chan was queried about the sacrifices for Patrick's figure skating career in which he responded, "that is something most parents will do". Patrick you are sooooo blessed. Wonderful parents, wonderful supportive team-chan and friends like Kurt etc., and wonderful community who come together to assist financially to help ease your parent's finanical burden.
Kurt's response: My relationship with Patrick is .."if you give us a chance to get in trouble, we probably would". That's partly why I LOVE YOU BOTH dearly.
"Only you can control your destiny" .. pined Kurt. That's so true for individual sports unlike team sports, one member's bad day may not translate into a loss if other members are playing well and vice versa.

jettasian
03-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Great interview and video. Nice to watch something positive in here. I didn't realize he got so much hate on this board, wow. I guess when you are this good, besides earning golds, you earn some haters too.

jl22aries
03-25-2012, 08:07 AM
The haters are just loud, don't let it throw you into the belief that they are the majority. Just think high school where the bullies are 3:100 and still somehow they can make the whole place seem like a stink hole hell. How it is that a few loud bullies can ruin a party, I can only shake my head.

There are many many people who love, appreciate, and are in awe of Patrick's skating. FSU is but a small, very specific fan base composed of some of the most fanatical and even obtuse (when you love something so much, it's hard to step back and just be a carefree spectator).

Thanks spikyD for the link. That was a very informative interview. His work with Kathy has been very apparent, especially since the beginning of this season. His hands alone.

I'll say he's becoming a sex symbol. At least in my house. He wears the hell out of that white T in manly boy.

spikydurian
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM
The haters are just loud, don't let it throw you into the belief that they are the majority. Just think high school where the bullies are 3:100 and still somehow they can make the whole place seem like a stink hole hell. How it is that a few loud bullies can ruin a party, I can only shake my head.

I'll say he's becoming a sex symbol. At least in my house. He wears the hell out of that white T in manly boy.

Indeed jl22aries, when I first set my eyes on Mannish Boy, my reaction was "OMG ... that's HOT .. not quite like the Patrick I expect. :lol: And that song was just perfect for him."

Haters=lack of self-love, dysfunctional background. Feeling a bit sorry for them.

VarBar
03-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Great interview and video. Nice to watch something positive in here. I didn't realize he got so much hate on this board, wow. I guess when you are this good, besides earning golds, you earn some haters too.

You will see yet other Chan-related threads being started by his haters, I'm guessing they feeel the need to get together every now and then under some excuse to get it off their chests, otherwise they'd probably implode.:lol:
Let them do their number and you put them on ignore.:)

But back to Patrick. spikydurian, thanks for the video link. I had no idea Patrick almost quit the sport after Vancouver, how silly. lol But it just reminded me of another favorite man of mine in figure skating who placed 5th at his first Olympics when he had expected to have a podium finish and who felt like his whole life was over after that failure. However, he came back and won the next Olympics and a few world titles inbetween. Here is hoping Patrick will follow in his footsteps.:D

I had to laugh when Patrick showed us he can do someting - with his hair - that Browning obviously can't, that was funny to watch.:lol:

The Accordion
03-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Thankful for this thread right now. I pretty much won't open any other threads involving Patrick Chan right now because of my low tolerance for the venom.

clarie
03-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I find the Chan haterz laughable, sad but laughable. It's all just "sour grapes".

Thanks SpikiD for posting the link.......I really enjoyed watching. Patrick is definitely a very nice person. His parents who I've chatted with are delightful people.

jettasian
03-25-2012, 11:49 PM
You will see yet other Chan-related threads being started by his haters, I'm guessing they feeel the need to get together every now and then under some excuse to get it off their chests, otherwise they'd probably implode.:lol:
Let them do their number and you put them on ignore.:)

That's what I said in one of the thread started yesterday regarding to an article.

elle123
03-26-2012, 05:38 AM
That's what I said in one of the thread started yesterday regarding to an article.

I saw that ... what is with all the haters?!

They just like to suck the joy out of skating and make everyone else agitated.

Bournekraatzfan
03-26-2012, 09:11 PM
just want to say that I'm happy and thankful to be part of this thread, and I wish Patrick and all the skaters the best of luck this week! and I hope everyone here enjoys the event:)