PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

MrLucky
03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Wrong by miles? Based on you coming to a Chan uber thread, and then insulting his skating, it's very clear that you like to stir trouble.

I'm glad the judges and critic are not blind as you. And there's really no point to discuss his skating further with your mean spirit intention.

Please keep the discussion about Patrick. Personal attacks add nothing. :(

Just to be clear I think Chan is a terrific CoP skater, indeed, he is the poster boy for the new scoring system.

merrywidow
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Patrick has the best depth of edges in the business of any skater today, IMO. And I happen to be an uber US figure skating fan but let's give credit where credit is due. If I can sit at home in front of my tv & be awed by his edges he must be absolutely breathtaking to see skating live.

Emdee
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Patrick is a skater's skater. Other than Abbott who made a comment about him other skaters are all in awe of what Patrick can do on a blade.

Yes his programs are developed with COP in view but why not? Others dont do such intricate programs because they cannot do them.

I find his skating wonderful on TV but mesmerizing in real life. Cannot wait for next year's Canadians and worlds and I may even go for Central Ontario Awards if he is here.

mossop
03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes his programs are developed with COP in view but why not? Others dont do such intricate programs because they cannot do them.

Well said. :)

Proustable
03-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I think Chan is a terrific skater, period. It's clear that he's coming into his own re: expression, and his skating skills this year are even better than the already peerless demonstrations he's shown in the past. I think "Aranjuez" is by far the best long program he's had, and I think it unlocks him as a skater. And to think he hasn't already peaked with it!

Just to be clear I think Chan is a terrific CoP skater, indeed, he is the poster boy for the new scoring system.

Out of curiosity, what did you intend to contribute when you called Patrick a "shill for McDonalds." Because it seems to me that you're mocking his sponsorship (and by extension him) on a more personal level than saying he's a COP-robot.

elle123
03-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Yes his programs are developed with COP in view but why not?

Exactly, don't most skaters build their programs with CoP in mind?

And why do people come in an uber thread and disparage the skater/skaters and then act affronted when people don't react favorably?

ANYWAY, Patrick is a fantastic skater (CoP or not) and I love his skating. After seeing the exhibition number David Wilson did for Patrick, I hope he choreographs competition programs for him in the future.

jettasian
03-21-2012, 01:01 AM

Were you really here trying to "discuss" about Patrick or simply insult him and his skate on every post? You like to believe that you are not, but you were, and still are.

jettasian
03-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Out of curiosity, what did you intend to contribute when you called Patrick a "shill for McDonalds." Because it seems to me that you're mocking his sponsorship (and by extension him) on a more personal level than saying he's a COP-robot.

And to add "wind-up doll" and even questioning if he's supposed to be a guy or a girl. All these insults are really uncalled for.

Emdee
03-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Its jealousy pur jealousy and we already saw some of it pre Olympics if you remember.

Go Patrick! Cannot wait for worlds.

jettasian
03-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Just read Abbott's new article, wow, what a tool. He's full of himself to think that he and Chan are at the same level.

Proustable
03-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Okay, I'd rather we didn't namecall other skaters in this thread.

The Accordion
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Hey Mrlucky - you are completely and totally entitled to your opinion.

I am thinking it is likely you are a troll looking to tick people off by coming into a Patrick Chan uber thread and making a series of posts insulting him or pretending to compliment him in a post that is really just another insult somewhat disguised.

However, just in case you are not a troll- here is a little bit of FSU education for you - UBER threads are for fans of skaters to come to when they want to have discussions with others who are fans, away from those who don't and especially away from those who trash skaters / go on and on about what they don't like about them.

So if you are a troll - - you just troll away and you will be in good company on my ignore list.

If you are not - here is a tip - if the skater fits into a categoray of skaters you would call soulless - their uber thread is not for you!

On another note - I have to say I am SICK of people calling anyone's skating souless. Really what an arrogant presumption to make that you have the right to say someone is soulless just because you are not moved!

spikydurian
03-21-2012, 09:13 AM
However, just in case you are not a troll- here is a little bit of FSU education for you - UBER threads are for fans of skaters to come to when they want to have discussions with others who are fans, away from those who don't and especially away from those who trash skaters / go on and on about what they don't like about them.
So if you are a troll - - you just troll away and you will be in good company on my ignore list.
If you are not - here is a tip - if the skater fits into a categoray of skaters you would call soulless - their uber thread is not for you!

UBER threads are for ubers only. Simple english. :respec:

clarie
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Thank goodness for the "ignore" feature :). I think that Patrick's skating is anything but "soul-less". He throws his body, heart, and soul into every move. But, you see, the non-fans can't really find anything negative about his skating so they pull something intangible out of the air. I know I've mentioned this before, but when watching Patrick at SC, my jaw was down on my chest watching how he moved bending and stretching to the rafters with every ounce of energy and passion, while all the time maintaining speed noticably faster than all the other competitors. It is a moment ingrained in my memory. It was not a perfect skate by any means, but it was enough to "tell" me why the judges reward his skating. I love watching his programs on big screen TV, but seeing him live was a real "aha" moment. :).

Emdee
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Clarie
will you be going for Canadians and World next year?

I saw Patrick at the Margaret Garrison show last year. We had on ice tickets and it was amazing to see him a few feet away. I dont know if he is skating there again this year - maybe tempting to go and see him.