PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

MrLucky
03-19-2012, 04:53 PM
You know, I find people keep saying about Chan falls 3 times and still win a competition is very insulting, to the fans, to the judges, to Patrick Chan and other skaters. Chan won because of his superior skating skill, his speed, his difficult program, his choreography, his transitions, his high jump base value, plus other errors made by other skaters!

Abbott was never a consistent skater and he made more errors, esp his quad jumps, than Chan has ever had.

Yet somehow despite what some of what you said is true.....Abott is a skater who inspires fans. I could say the same for Plushenko and others.

For me and many fans Patrick is little more than a CoP skating robot.

When it comes to Men's skating I say "Give me Yagudin or give me death."

No shill for McDonald's is gonna light my fire :blah:

alilou
03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
^^^ So what are you doing here in the Patrick Chan uber thread :confused:

MrLucky
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
^^^ So what are you doing here in the Patrick Chan uber thread :confused:

Acknowledging that Patrick Chang is a very good.... in fact I woud dare say the embodiment of CoP skating.

jettasian
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Yet somehow despite what some of what you said is true.....Abott is a skater who inspires fans. I could say the same for Plushenko and others.

For me and many fans Patrick is little more than a CoP skating robot.

When it comes to Men's skating I say "Give me Yagudin or give me death."

No shill for McDonald's is gonna light my fire :blah:

It's just a matter of personal taste. You may think that Abbott's skate inspired fans. I think his skate is boring, same old same old. Nobody is right or wrong, it depends on each person's taste.

So you think Chan's the only "Cop Robot" but not others? Then you are just kidding yourself. EVERY SKATER is skating based on CoP, even Yagudin. Whether all skaters have the ability to achieve all of CoP, that's another story.

jettasian
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Acknowledging that Patrick Chang is a very good.... in fact I woud dare say the embodiment of CoP skating.

I think it's more like you are trying to insult Chan's skating and success.

MrLucky
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I think it's more like you are trying to insult Chan's skating and success.

It is more likely that I am trying to insult the CoP

VarBar
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
But then Abbott also doesn't have the exclusive priviledge of falling three times and still win a competition.. Maybe he would be more consistent if he knew he had that sort of cushion no matter what he does. :P

Maybe Abbott should ask Fernandez and Yuzuru what the secret of their superior consistency is because they both placed higher than Jeremy at Cup of Russia and the GPF and in my world, the silver or gold medal is defiinitely better that the bronze and the bronze is definitely better than no medal at all.

Oh before I forget, Plusehnko didn't seem to be affected by the judges giving fall cushions to Patrick Chan, that man landed his jumps at Europeans, so perhaps Abbott should check with Plushenko too.:P

We tend to insult the scoring system that doesn't enable our favorites to win.

mossop
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
:)

jl22aries
03-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh come on. Posters who refuse to study, grasp, or reconcile themselves to this judging system, whom I also have on my ignore list, whom I also avoid by not entering certain threads, whom you would think a thread like this would leave them clear the hell away, WHY OH WHY must you ruin the parade?

jettasian
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM

But since you believe that Chan's the only one who's a "CoP robot", it's pretty clear.

Yup. My favorite doesn't mean, there MUST be something wrong with the scoring system. Chan wins all the time. CoP MUST change so he can't win so much....blah blah blah...nothing but bitter whinings.

Holley Calmes
03-20-2012, 03:44 AM
This might sound a bit odd, but please know I am a huge fan of Patrick's! I have always noticed that he shows a lot of the white of his eyes. He always seems to have his eyes very wide open, and frequently his pupils are over to the side. I mention this because my grandson does the same thing. My grandson has some very mild sensory processing disorder issues, and the extreme eye-rolling is a symptom. This isn't a terrible problem. Many people with this disorder are extremely sensitive to light, sound, etc. They're frequently very intelligent and have quick reflexes. I'm not saying Patrick has this, but I just wondered.

My grandson is getting some help, and he's already overcome most of his small issues. Like I said, it isn't a huge problem, but the eye thing is a very big signal that sensory processing issues are at work. Just wondered if Patrick had anything like this. I ask with concern and great respect and affection for him.

But whatever-may he knock 'em dead at World's!

MrLucky
03-20-2012, 02:13 PM
But since you believe that Chan's the only one who's a "CoP robot", it's pretty clear.

Wrong by miles.....

Chan is not the "only CoP robot" .....just the best and most robotic CoP robot.
His skating , as great as it is from a tech point (when he is not butt sliding all over the ice) lacks soul. It is so programmed as to make him appear to be little more than a wind-up doll.

I wish he paid more attention to the music as opposed to adding so random many Ice Dancing moves. BTW, is he supposed to be the guy or the girl when we see him skating like an ice dancer :confused:

He has even admitted that CoP is problematic so here I am agreeing with Pchiddy.

Don't blame me if Chan does not like the CoP........:blah:

professordeb
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Wrong by miles.....

His skating , as great as it is from a tech point (when he is not butt sliding all over the ice) lacks soul. It is so programmed as to make him appear to be little more than a wind-up doll.

He has even admitted that CoP is problematic so here I am agreeing with Pchiddy.

Since it appears to me that you are NOT a Chan Uber, WTH don't you just stay out of this topic? It's obvious to all here what you are trying to do so just quit this topic and go away.

alilou
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I think we should all put mrlucky on ignore.

jettasian
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Wrong by miles.....

I wish he paid more attention to the music as opposed to adding so random many Ice Dancing moves. BTW, is he supposed to be the guy or the girl when we see him skating like an ice dancer :confused:

Wrong by miles? Based on you coming to a Chan uber thread, and then insulting his skating, it's very clear that you like to stir trouble.

I'm glad the judges and critic are not blind as you. And there's really no point to discuss his skating further with your mean spirit intention.