PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

spikydurian
03-16-2012, 03:55 AM
CBC has a poll about 2012 World. One of the polls (Who will break Chan's record) is not there anymore, not sure why.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2012/03/14/sp-world-figure-sakting-championships-polls.html

Completed the poll. :)
The poll on Chan's record is still there? :confused:

VarBar
03-16-2012, 10:37 PM
CBC has a poll about 2012 World. One of the polls (Who will break Chan's record) is not there anymore, not sure why.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2012/03/14/sp-world-figure-sakting-championships-polls.html

Interesting result so far. Nearly 92% of the voters think that Patrick will preserve his World title, however, just a bit over 73% think he is the one most likely to beat his own record as the remaining 17.89% voted for Daisuke.
Well, if I had to make a quick computation, I'd say that around nine and a half percent of the voters think that Patrick will retain his title but Daisuke is the one most likely to beat Patrick's record and not Patrick himself. In short, Patrick would most likely win the competition but Daisuke would most likely be the holder of a new world record in men's figure skating. Unless I am really poor at math. lol

Thanks jettasian, just keeping myself amused.:D

why not? Clara Hughes has competed at both the Summer and Winter Olympics ;)

Well, he had been talking about picking up some other sports...

Thanks to both of you for putting the pieces of the puzzle together for me, it all makes sense now.;)

jl22aries
03-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Interesting result so far. Nearly 92% of the voters think that Patrick will preserve his World title, however, just a bit over 73% think he is the one most likely to beat his own record as the remaining 17.89% voted for Daisuke.
Well, if I had to make a quick computation, I'd say that around nine and a half percent of the voters think that Patrick will retain his title but Daisuke is the one most likely to beat Patrick's record and not Patrick himself. In short, Patrick would most likely win the competition but Daisuke would most likely be the holder of a new world record in men's figure skating. Unless I am really poor at math. lol

Well I had an "I'm an Idiiioooot" moment. Speaking for myself, I voted for Patrick retaining his title, but Daisuke for beating Patrick's world record, because somehow in my mind I didn't think Patrick was an option in that pole. Realized immediately after pressing enter, Oh there's Patrick's name on the list. Idiiiooot. We all have those moments?

ali_dorate
03-17-2012, 05:09 AM
Ok, I voted for both jl22aries and me to Patrick as the man who will beat Patrick's record.;)
But actually I don't want to jinx him and for me breaking record is not so important as defending his title.

After the Nice worlds, his next step to Sochi will be winning the Worlds in London.
Maybe that is what the writer of the "The Inside Story: Patrick Chan hopes to claim gold at Olympics" wanted to say.:lol:

jettasian
03-17-2012, 04:28 PM
People are wishful thinking to think that Dai has a chance, or even can beat Patrick's record. If Patrick skates well like he did at 4CC and National, nobody has a chance, really.

elle123
03-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Well I had an "I'm an Idiiioooot" moment. Speaking for myself, I voted for Patrick retaining his title, but Daisuke for beating Patrick's world record, because somehow in my mind I didn't think Patrick was an option in that pole. Realized immediately after pressing enter, Oh there's Patrick's name on the list. Idiiiooot. We all have those moments?

haha I almost did this too until I realized "Oh, Patrick is on this list!"

VarBar
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM

I will not respond to your question simply because I am not willing to admit to my own idiocy on a few other occasions.:lol:

But I was thinking though, would Chan retain his title with Takahashi however setting a new world record, it would probably be a perfect arrangement for those fans who love both skaters.;)

Maybe that is what the writer of the "The Inside Story: Patrick Chan hopes to claim gold at Olympics" wanted to say.:lol:

Or maybe the IOC moved the 2014 Olympics from Sochi to London, Canada and just forgot to make an official announcement about the change of venue.;)

Did you see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJYHR0Sv8k

"What do you hear when you step on the ice?"

"I just hear my blades".

I suppose that's the only honest answer a skater can give to that question. lol

elle123
03-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Did you see this video?

I suppose that's the only honest answer a skater can give to that question. lol

Thanks for the video. I'm going to scour the 16:9 archives on global to see if there's more :)

spikydurian
03-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Did you see this video?

I suppose that's the only honest answer a skater can give to that question. lol Yay ....:cool:

If the answer was "I hear voices", guess the press will 'run amok' with that statement. :D

shine
03-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Why should Abbott be given the benefit of doubt when so many didn't do that for Chan on multiple occassions? Let Jeremy prove that he belongs with the "big boys" by stepping up to the plate and delivering on a stage that isn't his own nationals. Once he proves he can keep up those guys on a consistent basis, I'll cut him some slack.

BTW, I do like watching him skate. He may not be my favourite skater, but he is one of my fav American skaters.
But then Abbott also doesn't have the exclusive priviledge of falling three times and still win a competition.. Maybe he would be more consistent if he knew he had that sort of cushion no matter what he does. :P

spikydurian
03-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the video. I'm going to scour the 16:9 archives on global to see if there's more :)
:cheer: Looking forward.

ciocio
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Voted!!!!;)

Proustable
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
But then Abbott also doesn't have the exclusive priviledge of falling three times and still win a competition.. Maybe he would be more consistent if he knew he had that sort of cushion no matter what he does. :P

Why is that relevant to benefit of the doubt vis-a-vis what comes out of his mouth?

professordeb
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Perhaps Mr Abbott should up the technical content of his programs so that it would be high enough that he'd have a three fall cushion? :P Oh yeah, and make sure that when you do fall, that other skaters have falls or lower technical content. Then maybe he'd WIN. :D

OK, now can we get back to Patrick. I loved his answer to what does he hear when he steps out onto the ice.

jettasian
03-19-2012, 04:18 PM

You know, I find people keep saying about Chan falls 3 times and still win a competition is very insulting, to the fans, to the judges, to Patrick Chan and other skaters. Chan won because of his superior skating skill, his speed, his difficult program, his choreography, his transitions, his high jump base value, plus other errors made by other skaters!

Abbott was never a consistent skater and he made more errors, esp his quad jumps, than Chan has ever had.