PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

VarBar
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
I find Dai's overrated. His artistry is always over the top and his skate is no where near Patrick's.

While Daisuke's skating has never excited me as much as Patrick's and Daisuke would probably never make my top 5 or 6 of all time, I have to say it's not Takahashi coming to my mind when it comes to distracting arm flailing and over-the-top showmanship. But I wouldn't want to start a debate about how this or that skater chooses to express himself on the ice because perceptions will always differ, such as what some would describe as great artistry, others would find even unbearable to watch and everybody will stick to their own opinion and it's not negotiable. lol

To even compare Takahashi to the likes of Plushenko and Amodio is... criminal... :eek:

:lol:

jettasian
02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Sorry if you have obviously been offended..

Non taken :)
I was simply voicing my opinion. I don't want this thread to become this vs that.

To even compare Takahashi to the likes of Plushenko and Amodio is... criminal... :eek:

Plushehnko in his prime was far better than Dai in terms of jumps and commanding the ice. So yeah, they are in different league.

I'd put Amodio same as Dai in the over-the-top expression list. And Hanyu's not far behind, he's getting there as well, LOL

Okay, sorry, maybe I shouldn't have brough other skaters up on this thread. Let's get back on topic.

IceAlisa
02-15-2012, 07:06 PM

His understanding and expression of music, phrasing, tone and tempo is out of this world. And he does it with superb skating skills.

ITA. :respec:

ponta1
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
THAT is why I said he`s so over rated. But that`s just my opinion, nobody has to agree, and no need to defend him here. This is a Patrick lovefest, I guess no need to bring in Dai lovefest here as well.

I'd put Amodio same as Dai in the over-the-top expression list. And Hanyu's not far behind, he's getting there as well, LOL

It is possible to love both Patrick and Daisuke equally. They're both great skaters.

Daisuke and Hanyu--over-the-top expression? Whatever...

kwanette
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
I was simply voicing my opinion. I don't want this thread to become this vs that.

Plushehnko in his prime was far better than Dai in terms of jumps and commanding the ice. So yeah, they are in different league.

Okay, sorry, maybe I shouldn't have brough other skaters up on this thread. Let's get back on topic.

I wasn't the one who made it a this vs that.

jettasian
02-16-2012, 02:45 AM
It is possible to love both Patrick and Daisuke equally. They're both great skaters.

Daisuke and Hanyu--over-the-top expression? Whatever...

Different people have different tastes. Some like Dai, not Chan. Some like both Dai and Chan. Some like Chan, not Dai. So who's to say who's right or who's wrong?

ponta1
02-16-2012, 03:22 AM
Different people have different tastes. Some like Dai, not Chan. Some like both Dai and Chan. Some like Chan, not Dai. So who's to say who's right or who's wrong?

Obviously. However, I was referring to your comment that this is a Patrick lovefest, and a Dai lovefest should not be brought here. The point I was trying to make was that some people love both Patrick and Daisuke, and it's no big deal and doesn't take anything away from Patrick if the appreciation for Daisuke is shown here too. Heck, the two guys themselves have mutual admiration for each other and always look like they enjoy being in each other's company!

a56
02-16-2012, 05:32 AM
His understanding and expression of music, phrasing, tone and tempo is out of this world. And he does it with superb skating skills.
It's not "criminal," I think you'll just find that some people are really turned off by Takahashi just as they are by Plushenko and Amodio. I have to say that I disagree with the superlatives used in that whole statement. However, like jettasian says, different people have different tastes.

ali_dorate
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Seeing this, I'm so impressed how much Patrick loves and respects Dai.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPQNItAd_Q&list=PL12ED8533B68F1F4B&index=88&feature=plpp_video

There rivalry is fierce but friendly.
I hope the media won't inflame tensions among fans in bad way.
(The first question in this vid is so mean! I think Patrick handled it well.)

professordeb
02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPQNItAd_Q&list=PL12ED8533B68F1F4B&index=88&feature=plpp_video

I didn't get to hear the question very easily but Patrick handled the answer well. It was "cute" seeing the respect each of them showed toward the other with Patrick talking about how Dai and Dai kinda acting like "psha, off with ya, it's nothing". No wonder I enjoy these two when they compete against each other -- both give us their all and at least for me, draw me into their programs. Kudos to them both!

ponta1
02-17-2012, 03:36 AM

Aww,that was such a cute press interview! All four of the guys were :swoon:!! Loved when Patrick helped out Daisuke with the word "choreography".

jettasian
02-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Obviously. However, I was referring to your comment that this is a Patrick lovefest, and a Dai lovefest should not be brought here. The point I was trying to make was that some people love both Patrick and Daisuke, and it's no big deal and doesn't take anything away from Patrick if the appreciation for Daisuke is shown here too. Heck, the two guys themselves have mutual admiration for each other and always look like they enjoy being in each other's company!

Then someone should created a thread of these two lovebirds.

ANYWAY....

So anyone thinks that Patrick can crack 300 at World if he skates well??? I think if he has two perfect skates, he will break his world records, but won't hit 300. Maybe around 295.

bardtoob
02-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Plushehnko in his prime was far better than Dai in terms of jumps and commanding the ice. So yeah, they are in different league...

Plushy hasn't been a blooming flower in 5-10 years. Wouldn't it be awesome if he tried to up the ante with Patrick by bring back the Beillmann :D

VarBar
02-17-2012, 10:39 PM
So anyone thinks that Patrick can crack 300 at World if he skates well??? I think if he has two perfect skates, he will break his world records, but won't hit 300. Maybe around 295.

I too don't think he'll break 300 at worlds even with 2 clean skates but of course I wouldn't mind him and the judges proving me wrong in France.:P Beating his own record is perfectly doable though.

Seems like Patrick finally 'got' the 3A jump, he hasn't fallen on or doubled the 3 axel since TEB if memory serves. Maybe he will want to move to a 3A/3T next season although I am more curious about his 4 sal but I guess I'll have to wait a while.

As a non-skater, I had no idea that 4 minutes and a half of skating in competition usually causes bad coughing and headaches. One more reason for me to stay just a viewer of this sport. lol ali-dorate, thanks for the youtube link, cute video to watch.:)

elle123
02-18-2012, 04:42 AM

Just got the chance to watch this and when they asked how they were going to prepare for worlds and Patrick tried to pass the mic to Ross and he muttered something to Patrick and the emcee asks "What's that, Ross?"

"I'm not going to Worlds".

So awkward. . .