PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

leapfrogonice
12-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Kind of ironic (or ...? intentional?) that so many accolades are (deservedly) coming his way, so shortly after the whole "Chan Canada/China-gate" b.s. saga that played out during the week of Grand Prix Final.

Great to see a male figure skater acknowledged for excellent accomplishment as an athlete. Would be astounded to see even remotely similar consideration given to a skater in the US, frankly. Don't get me wrong. Would LOVE it. Would simply never expect it, sadly.

jl22aries
12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh Clarie I always enjoy your posts, and love your positivity.

I also really think he is starting to be a natural flirt with the audience, and that takes a certain showmanship and confidence to pull off. I am just so excited to see what he has up his sleeve, even unknown to him at this point.

Bev Johnston
12-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Great to see a male figure skater acknowledged for excellent accomplishment as an athlete. Would be astounded to see even remotely similar consideration given to a skater in the US, frankly. Don't get me wrong. Would LOVE it. Would simply never expect it, sadly.

It will never happen in any lifetime: mine, yours, or the next. Even Frank Deford dismissed/ignored Evan's AND Shaun White's golds for the US in Vancouver. If it's not baseball, football, or basketball in the US, then forget it.

Anyway... Just wanted to say that I re-watched Patrick's performance from last year's Canadian nationals as a pallet cleanser needed for watching too much Plushy this week. He's improved his program compents in the past year, which is something I didn't think was possible bacause he was pretty darn near perfect to me already. Someone mentioned "bodywork" as opposed to just mere "footwork" and I agree whole-heartedly. Can't wait for Nationals!

clarie
12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
:40beers::cheer2::rockstar::cheer2::cheer: Happy 21st to Patrick!!!!!

aaron
12-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Congrats to all the awards and Happy 21st Birthday:40beers:
His new EX "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters somehow reminds me of Jeff Buttle, I don't know why. I love it but he should get better T-shirt...Anyway, Keep going Patty!!!!

Debrah
12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Yep, congrats to all the well deserved awards and many, many more happy returns on this his special day. Congrats also to mom and pop for producing such a fine and gifted son! My birthday wish is for Patrick to continue his winning streak and to break all his own records! Whee!

The Accordion
12-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Happy B-day P Chiddy!

sequins
01-14-2012, 06:57 PM
With Canadians approaching thought I would revive this. Here's hoping this years performances are as breathtaking as last years...but maybe a bit less. Save it up for Worlds and blow them away big time! Go Chiddy!:cheer2:

VarBar
01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Patrick having a great time in Vail Colorado.:)

http://youtu.be/mZNWO9h3Cr8

Now I know who the other cowboy was.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OdszQcFUE0&feature=g-like&context=G2549141ALTw2xygACAA

With Canadians approaching thought I would revive this. Here's hoping this years performances are as breathtaking as last years...but maybe a bit less. Save it up for Worlds and blow them away big time! Go Chiddy!:cheer2:

I honestly wouldn't mind breath-taking performances from Patrick at both Canadians and Worlds, they would only compensate for his GPS where he wasn't overly impressive. Anyone think he will include a quad salchow in his long program any time soon? Nationals might be the right time to try it and see how it works in competition.

I hope Patrick will stay healthy for the rest of the season and also stay away from the media as much as he can. ;) But I have to say he handled the situation pretty well in all that furor he caused with his statements, not sure I would have done a better job and I am older than him. lol

Is Patrick going to the 4CC this season?

Sylvia
01-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Now I know who the other cowboy was.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OdszQcFUE0&feature=g-like&context=G2549141ALTw2xygACAA
Thanks, Varbar! It's great to Ryan Jahnke skating again!

Is Patrick going to the 4CC this season?
I believe he said in recent interviews that he plans to compete at 4CC? (it's being held in his training rink after all)

ETA link to this Jan. 13 article based on his pre-Canadians teleconference this past Friday: Patrick Chan brings clear head to second half of season (http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/01/13/patrick-chan-brings-clear-head-to-second-half-of-season/)

After returning to training in Colorado Springs, Chan says he now feels prepared to kick off the second half of his season by defending his Canadian title next week at the national championships in Moncton, N.B., then competing in select international events before defending his world title at March’s world championships in Nice, France.
4CC = "select international events"?

sequins
01-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Cute video. Love it.

No idea if he's going to 4CC but since it's in the U.S. I suppose it might be in the cards. I hope he does try the quad sal.As you say Canadian is as good a place as any to try it. I too would like great performances at both but why does it always seem a great performance at National means not as great or bad at Worlds? I know that's not always the case but I worry:lol:.

The Accordion
01-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I was just going to write "GO PC!"

Then I kind of giggled because Patrick Chan's intitials are PC and he is so NOT PC in interviews.

(Maybe I should have had more sleep :shuffle:)

Anyhow - GO PC! :cheer:!

nlyoung
01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
I hope he does try the quad sal.As you say Canadian is as good a place as any to try it. I too would like great performances at both but why does it always seem a great performance at National means not as great or bad at Worlds? I know that's not always the case but I worry:lol:.

He doesn't need the 4S, especially this year. He needs to land his 4Ts...

If his performances so far this season had been perfect, I'd say push for more. As is stands, he needs to go for "clean", with the quads, of course...

sequins
01-15-2012, 06:24 PM
^True, but if he wanted to just sayin' Canadians would be the place. Is it Friday yet? I'm so looking forward to it this year I don't no why? I won't be home to watch it gotta work...oh but suddenly I don't feel well;)

VarBar
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
I believe he said in recent interviews that he plans to compete at 4CC? (it's being held in his training rink after all)

Thanks, Sylvia. I didn't know 4CC is being held right at Patrick's training rink. If it's so convenient for him distance wise, I would expect him to be there, he could use the prize money after all and wouldn't have to spend his time gambling at blackjack tables for a while. ;) lol

But the desire to move away from competitive skating, to cease being the performer and begin carving a future for himself, crackles within Chan. At this point, a career as an amateur figure skater does not appeal to him.

I definitely want to go to school, that is a big part of my life that Im interested in, as well as my parents. We all want me to go to school and get a degree, he said.

But also the other side of my mind says I would like to take advantage of my youth and try something else, try another sport, and see how well I can do in a whole different mental environment.

Once again Patrick seems to be trapped between two worlds.:lol:

Then I kind of giggled because Patrick Chan's intitials are PC and he is so NOT PC in interviews.

Let us just hope he finally realized that talking to the media isn't anything like talking to your best friend. lol

He doesn't need the 4S, especially this year. He needs to land his 4Ts...

No, he doesn't need the 4 sal but I've noticed he is sometimes doing things he doesn't necessarily have to do. With Patrick you never know.;)