PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Reynolds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Vagabond
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM
What do people want?..........for him to get buzzed?

I'd settle for artistic expression, choreography, and fully rotated jumps. :)

sequins
11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Speaking of big noses, during the post-FD interview at TEB, I couldn't help but think of Pinnochio when Scott Moir was being interviewed. The greased down, straightened hair style didn't help matters; it only made the comparisons to the fabled wooden boy with the long nose more prevalent. :slinkaway

Funny you should mention Pinnochio, that's my mom's nickname for Kevin. The hair didn't hide it from her.
I do like Kevin BTW just like I liked Emanuel but sometimes you just get fed up. You know the talent is there but why won't they do something about it? It becomes very frustrating.

Pani, funny enough I did notice all the Kevin banners in Paris. I certainly didn't expect it but it's nice for him.

aemeraldrainc
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
In honor of Kevin's silver medal at Canadians, I thought I would bump this thread up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIWqPxwzk0

clarie
01-24-2012, 02:28 AM
I'd settle for artistic expression, choreography, and fully rotated jumps. :)

I'd say he's come a long way to reaching those goals. Now that he's healthy again, he will continue to improve. His programs last weekend were impressive.

stevlin
01-24-2012, 02:34 AM
His overall skating is underdeveloped. He is a smaller guy with almost no muscle to him so he sort of skates small! His stroking isnt powerful and his jumps are not hight BUT i think that a more mature look and workingon basic skills, transitions, power and presence will help him a lot. ALso, if we could actually see his face when he skates...

When you are at that level, its time out for "be an individual" unless you can back it up with the goods. Daisuke Takahashi sometimes has outrageous hair but his skating is so incredible, who cares? Kevin just does not make that impact so the packaging needs to change. There is just no way that a coach should let that foolishness go. I know coaches arent parents but COME ON! The spins are nice but the steps and impact... HELP! Sorry to say this but perhaps he hides his face because he looks like a "Who-ville kid' from the Christmas film "The Grinch".

Really
01-24-2012, 04:52 AM
I just watched his LP from Cdns. MUCH improved! Good for him!

(and I don't mind the hair at all)

skateboy
01-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Still hate the hair... :P

elle123
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Still hate the hair... :P

Not a big fan of it either but wishing him all the best moving forward and hopefuly he can get us a 3rd mens spot for 2013 worlds :)

LilJen
01-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Should we start a "FREE KEVIN!" (from MacLeod) campaign?

I hope he can stay injury-free and keep progressing.