PDA

View Full Version : Who should be Russia's Third pair in 2014?

Pages : [1] 2

Vash01
11-20-2011, 03:26 PM
The Olympics are still a few years away, which means some pairs could develop. Assuming that the top 2 Russian pairs will be V&T and K&S, who would you like to see as Russia's 3rd pair in Sochi?

judgejudy27
11-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I would be surprised if Kavaguti lasted until Sochi although it is not impossible. Even if they do I could see them possibly dropping down to 3rd or 4th Russian pair by then, possibly even missing the team. I think Barazova & Larinov will make it, in fact I think they are a surer bet than K&S to do so.

Vash01
11-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I have only recently started enjoying K&S, so I hope they will stick around till 2014. Right now the only pair that may drop them to the 3rd spot would be B&L, and B&L have their issues. So K&S could still be #2, unless there is a surprise junior pair that develops quickly.

judgejudy27
11-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I have enjoyed K&S for a number of years and would love to see win a World title and Olympic medal before they retire. I am enjoying their programs more of late than Volosozhar & Trankov who still have a ways to go with choreography, or Savchenko & Szolkowy whose unique program concepts dont always appeal to me. However being realistic I am not sure how great things look for them moving forward. Volosozhar & Trankov are definitely the Russian #1 for the moment, and K&S will have to do something pretety spectacular to wrench that away as both the Russian fed. and international judges are loving V&T more and more. I am pretty sure the plans of the Russian fed. are for V&T to win the Olympic Gold in Sochi.

Yuko has had injury problems and isnt exactly a young skater anymore. They also continue to struggle with consistency problems. They did reasonably well this season, winning both their grand prix events, and upsetting Aliona & Robin to win one, but they still need to skate cleaner error free programs to have a chance to win a major event (or again if you consider their 2010 European title). I believe if they can stay relatively consistent and return to winning medals at the World level they will probably hang in as atleast Russian #2. However should they falter or fail to meet expectations I could see them dropped behind B&L and possibly some other younger team.

Moka-Ananas
11-20-2011, 11:12 PM
extreme wishful thinking on my side but I'd love love love Martiusheva/Rogonov to be the 3rd Russian pair in Sochi.

icellist
11-21-2011, 04:08 AM
i'm fairly certain that the three Russian pairs will be Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, and Bazarova/Larianov

judgejudy27
11-21-2011, 04:24 AM
i'm fairly certain that the three Russian pairs will be Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, and Bazarova/Larianov

Pretty much. Would take Yuko's body falling apart so badly she has to retire for it to be any different.

blue_idealist
11-21-2011, 04:41 AM
I would be surprised if Kavaguti lasted until Sochi although it is not impossible. Even if they do I could see them possibly dropping down to 3rd or 4th Russian pair by then, possibly even missing the team. I think Barazova & Larinov will make it, in fact I think they are a surer bet than K&S to do so.

Why would you think they would drop down? They're not really skating any worse than they were a couple of years ago.. they were never consistently the best in the world or anything.

Anyway, I hope it's Gerboldt and Enbert but I have a feeling that it will be Bazarova and Larionov, who just aren't really my cup of tea.

pumba
11-21-2011, 05:22 AM
I hope this will be Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, but it seems like Bazarova/Larionov will make it.
I absolutely adore Vera Bazarova, imho she is the most beautiful and elegant skater among all curently competing, but her partner despite being a pretty consistent skater, who supports her in all those crazy lifts they make, is nothing for me. They remind me of Obertas/Soloviov, when we had a stellar female partner and a good, solid, but lacking in charisma male partner.

On the other hand Iliushechkina & Mausuradze are imo a more balanced team. Their LP for this season is my favourite. I even place S/S's LP lower. I just hope that maybe not for Sochi but for the 2018 Games they will gain consistency and develop into a pair equal to S/S or any other top Russian pair of the last decades. I think they have everything for this.

briancoogaert
11-21-2011, 09:18 AM
I hope this will be Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, but it seems like Bazarova/Larionov will make it.
I absolutely adore Vera Bazarova, imho she is the most beautiful and elegant skater among all curently competing, but her partner despite being a pretty consistent skater, who supports her in all those crazy lifts they make, is nothing for me.
And the scariest one. Sorry :yikes:

I think that Bazarova & Larionov will be the third team because of her lightness and their consistency. ;)

pumba
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Well, Vera is a "slim" girl, as well as Lyubov Iliushechkina, and I prefer their "scariness" over say Meagan Duhamel's "vigorous body" ;).

briancoogaert
11-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, Vera is a "slim" girl, as well as Lyubov Iliushechkina, and I prefer their "scariness" over say Meagan Duhamel's "vigorous body" ;).
LOL, it was interesting to watch them back to back at TEB. They are just the opposite ! I don't know which one I prefer... ;)

museksk8r
11-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I prefer Iliushchekina/Maisuradze over Bazarova/Larionov, but it seems the latter is the more consistent pair and, thus, the more likely candidates to join Volosozhar/Trankov and Kavaguti/Smirnov on the team. I would love for Lubov and Nodari to realize all their potential and surprise us!

judgejudy27
11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Even when Lubov and Nodari skate very well their scores arent very high. They skated their absolute best at the GP final last year and couldnt beat out a junior Chinese team who made mistakes. I like them but I fear they have already peaked and it is a peak that will never get them on the World team again, other than possibly if they are willing to wait out several retirements.

topaz
11-22-2011, 03:12 AM
I adored I/M last season but this season the spark is gone and her jumping technique is horrible.

I'm amazed that G/E received so little picks. This team has huge potential and the their coaches/mentors are none other than Tamara Moskvina and Artur Dmitev.

I'm not a fan of the programs from B/L. She's an elegant skater but her jumping is bad and their programs lack emotion.