PDA

View Full Version : Demi Announces She's Divorcing Ashton

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

topaz
11-18-2011, 03:23 AM
I think he's sexy in a sort of geeky way.

I also think, as a reasonably attractive woman in her fifties who is occasionally asked out by much younger guys, that that situation is usually short-term. Much as I would prefer six-pack-abs to paunch n' prostate, the flip side is that one day I will have become the "old woman." Not older, but old.

Demi is gorgeous but the world hasn't changed that much. Harrison Ford gets Callista and Demi will do fine with some guy closer to her age.

An unpopular opinion, I know.

I don't know, I think it depends on the woman. I have friends who married older men(i.e 12 to 17 years older than them). I genuinely think women age better than men. Lots of straight men neglect their appearance and Calista is a better woman than me. I'm sure looking at a pair of sagging testes is not sexy. :P

One such friend, the age difference between her and her husband is 13 years(he's older). It was fine when she was 27 and he was 40. But now, when she's 45 and he's 58 its an issue now. He does not want to go anywhere, he wants to the same ole' things, doesn't want to try new things and wants to stay home most of the time. And we don't even what to go into their "non existent" sex life. Its actually more common than alot people think, men having "low libido" issues. Especially straight men.

My friend is in best shape of her life, she has had a few non surgical/non evasive procedures(i.e peels and some fillers) but she looks great. The young guys hit on her way more than the men her husband's age.

My other late 30 and early 40 something friends, all talk about their boring husbands who do want to do anything or try anything new. They basically start acting old in the forties.

I'm looking for a person who is health conscience, in good shape, physically and mentally attractive to me. If I find a guy who is 5, 10 or 12 years young, I'll go for it. I would feel creepy being a serious relationship with a 23 year old when almost 41 years old. But I would date a 28 or 30 year old.

I say go with the person who makes you feel good about yourself and that aids you in your journey in enjoying life.

Wyliefan
11-18-2011, 03:27 AM
that long greasy hair, he's just one manifesto away from being the unibomber

:lol: Seriously. I didn't really see the attraction even with short hair -- with long hair he looks like a walking nightmare.

MacMadame
11-18-2011, 03:29 AM
I don't know, I think it depends on the woman. I have friends who married older men(i.e 12 to 17 years older than them). I genuinely think women age better than men.
But marrying a younger man doesn't necessarily help. My step-dad is only 6 years older than me and 14 years younger than my mom but he has the health of someone her age or even older.

milanessa
11-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Six years, regardless of months, is a pretty good run for a Hollywood marriage. Not that cheating should ever be given a pass, but I find it a little more understandable (for males, females, and anyone in between or undecided) in anyone in a job that separates you from your SO for a long period of time.

I can't imagine trying to keep the romance going when you're routinely gone for weeks or months at a time. It must be like strangers meeting over and over again, only one you had sex with a long time ago, so there's that weird awkward factor as well.

:lol: Sorry for laughing, Matry, but my husband and I were separated many times for anywhere from days to months (actually 2 years once but we saw each other during that time). Dual military couples put up with that a lot but your characterization of it just doesn't resonate with me.

Lacey
11-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Y'all know how I despise Hollywood gossip, but :sekret: have said that he may be the babydaddy of January Jones' child.

It ain't about May/December, kids - it's JANUARY :P.

Rex, seriously? That's good gossip, or truth?

Matryeshka
11-18-2011, 03:54 AM
:lol: Sorry for laughing, Matry, but my husband and I were separated many times for anywhere from days to months (actually 2 years once but we saw each other during that time). Dual military couples put up with that a lot but your characterization of it just doesn't resonate with me.

I'm glad it doesn't resonate with you, but I do think it would for others. It would for me. I remember when Nicholas Cage and one of the Arquettes got divorced--I think they said in several years of marriage, they were only actually together six months? I'm glad there are couples, especially military couples, that can survive that kind of distance, but I don't think most people can.

IceAlisa
11-18-2011, 03:57 AM

I trust Rex and his :sekret: http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/is-ashton-kutcher-the-father-of-january-jones-baby-somebody-please-confirm-or-deny-before-our-head-explodes-2590727.html

duane
11-18-2011, 04:02 AM
C'mon Duane. You are selling yourself short. You can do way better than Ashton!
:lol: :lol:

Lacey
11-18-2011, 04:09 AM
I trust Rex and his :sekret: http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/is-ashton-kutcher-the-father-of-january-jones-baby-somebody-please-confirm-or-deny-before-our-head-explodes-2590727.html

Oh, I guess I am a duh, thought she had anonymous donor sperm.

Rex
11-18-2011, 04:14 AM

Hmmmm, I read it on AGC.com. I think that they were talking about it on datalounge as well. But the fact that Yahoo is talking about it too....hmmmmmmmm :shuffle:.

MacMadame
11-18-2011, 04:59 AM
I'm glad it doesn't resonate with you, but I do think it would for others. It would for me. I remember when Nicholas Cage and one of the Arquettes got divorced--I think they said in several years of marriage, they were only actually together six months? I'm glad there are couples, especially military couples, that can survive that kind of distance, but I don't think most people can.

I think most people can't but not because they feel the way you speculate. What I see and my friends tell me is that the homecomings are actually super-sexy and very romantic and a lot of them feel like they are dating again.

The problems they tell me about come more from the fact that while they were away from each other, all these day-to-day things happened that the other wasn't aware of (even if told about it's not the same thing as seeing them) and so after the initial romantic re-connecting, they find they are kind of strangers and there is a lack of context that you get when you see someone more often.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Y'all know how I despise Hollywood gossip, but :sekret: have said that he may be the babydaddy of January Jones' child.

Rex, goodness knows I despise the gossip blogs as much as you do (:P) but I did happen to run across a couple of blind items about January Jones. I wondered why most seemed to think it was Ashton. I was thinking James Marsden (supposedly it was an X-Men co-star).

I always thought Ashton was overrated. Kelso was somewhat funny but he hasn't done anything really memorable (to me) since. Even his old modeling footage was blah.

TygerLily
11-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Y'all know how I despise Hollywood gossip, but :sekret: have said that he may be the babydaddy of January Jones' child.Distant memory, but didn't he date her before he became famous? When I heard her name in the context of Mad Men, I immediately wondered if she was that old flame of his because it's such a distinctive name. (I know, weird thing to remember.)

I suppose I should check the link where I'm sure it's all laid out clearly.

Rex, goodness knows I despise the gossip blogs as much as you do (:P) but I did happen to run across a couple of blind items about January Jones. I wondered why most seemed to think it was Ashton. I was thinking James Marsden (supposedly it was an X-Men co-star). I thought the main rumour was that it was a director married to a supermodel. :shuffle: (I forget all names but January Jones apparently.)

escaflowne9282
11-18-2011, 06:22 AM

I dunno, some have said it may be James Marsden.

Civic
11-18-2011, 07:13 AM
But marrying a younger man doesn't necessarily help. My step-dad is only 6 years older than me and 14 years younger than my mom but he has the health of someone her age or even older.

My friend found herself in a similar situation with her late husband. He was 15 years younger than her but had an arm injury that caused him chronic pain his doctors were never able to get a handle on. Then he developed vasculitis. He died after 4 years of marriage when he was 48.