PDA

View Full Version : Demi Announces She's Divorcing Ashton

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

PRlady
11-18-2011, 01:12 AM
I think he's sexy in a sort of geeky way.

I also think, as a reasonably attractive woman in her fifties who is occasionally asked out by much younger guys, that that situation is usually short-term. Much as I would prefer six-pack-abs to paunch n' prostate, the flip side is that one day I will have become the "old woman." Not older, but old.

Demi is gorgeous but the world hasn't changed that much. Harrison Ford gets Callista and Demi will do fine with some guy closer to her age.

An unpopular opinion, I know.

Oreo
11-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I never was a Demi fan, but my respect for her has just shot up today.

mag
11-18-2011, 01:42 AM

I also think, as a reasonably attractive woman in her fifties who is occasionally asked out by much younger guys, that that situation is usually short-term. Much as I would prefer six-pack-abs to paunch n' prostate, the flip side is that one day I will have become the "old woman." Not older, but old.

Demi is gorgeous but the world hasn't changed that much. Harrison Ford gets Callista and Demi will do fine with some guy closer to her age.

I agree with this. I also think that there would be a fair amount of pressure being married to a man that much younger. Yes, I know, men who marry younger women don't seem to feel it, but the pressure to stay young looking and beautiful must be tough. Even if the man does nothing to create the feeling, I can see a woman who is involved in an industry that is so much about looks, finding it hard. Then to have that man cheat on you .... well, I think it would be too tough to take.

Lacey
11-18-2011, 01:48 AM
He cheated. Enough said. The end.

jenny12
11-18-2011, 01:55 AM
I never found him attractive either. My mom is absolutely ga-ga over him though. :confused: Maybe I'm just not old enough yet :P

Same here! My mom is really into him and I think he just looks goofy. Demi is and always has been gorgeous though.

I think he's hot! Wonder if he gets into older black guys.

C'mon Duane. You are selling yourself short. You can do way better than Ashton!

overedge
11-18-2011, 02:02 AM

I don't think Demi is gorgeous. I think she looks haggard and chemically enhanced (I mean Botox etc. although God knows what else she might be consuming).

orbitz
11-18-2011, 02:14 AM

Ashton's cute. Supposedly he has a good head for business also and is involved in a couple of startups.

Demi used to be gorgeous. Now she just look like an old woman who's trying too hard to hang on to her youth. Maybe if she's dating a man closer to her age then she can let her self go a little bit more .... but isn't Zach Efrons single :P

Rex
11-18-2011, 02:19 AM
:drama: I'll have to take to my bed after hearin' this news, honeylambs...I've got the melancholy ovah dis heah...

my little pony
11-18-2011, 02:29 AM
that long greasy hair, he's just one manifesto away from being the unibomber

Andrushka
11-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Am I the only woman who thinks he's odd-looking?

I don't really think he's hot either.The long hair is really not a good look for him IMO

See, that's why monogamy is pointless. :P

LOL Some of us don't have a problem with monogamy.:P

rfisher
11-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Nope. I think he'll always look like a stupid frat boy. :lol:

Who can get past Kelso?

MacMadame
11-18-2011, 02:51 AM
What bugs me as a 40 year old woman is the all the response on other sites about the age difference and he looking for a woman to have kids with. Like he and Demi couldn't have kids within the 6 years of their marriage. I'm sure Demi and Ashton could have had a child together within the last 6 years if they wanted; In vitro, a surrogate or adoption would have given them children together.

Its like some think dating a younger woman would equate to instant babies. Young women have fertility issues too.

The prejudices with May/December romances are strongly sexist driven and will continue.
I agree. For one thing, most women can have kids into their 40s so she could have them if she wanted to. I suspect she didn't want to and that was just fine with Kutchner at the time.

It was the prejudice against May/Dec romances that made me want them to stay together a long time. I guess that's not a good enough reason to stay married to someone though. :P

Brian- I agree that some people are situational cheaters and so won't necessarily cheat on everyone they are in a relationship with. OTOH, it looks like Ashton cheated more than one time and there have been rumors of cheating on this part throughout their marriage. So it's not clear which kind he is but I'd be hesitate to date him. (Not to mention, Mr. Mac probably wouldn't like it. :lol:)

barbk
11-18-2011, 02:55 AM
I never found him attractive either. My mom is absolutely ga-ga over him though. :confused: Maybe I'm just not old enough yet :P

I've never gotten his attractiveness either. Something about his head looks weird to me.

But good for her for putting an end to it. His behavior reminds me a lot of Jesse James'. At least Clooney has the sense not to get married.

Rex
11-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Y'all know how I despise Hollywood gossip, but :sekret: have said that he may be the babydaddy of January Jones' child.

It ain't about May/December, kids - it's JANUARY :P.

Matryeshka
11-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Six years, regardless of months, is a pretty good run for a Hollywood marriage. Not that cheating should ever be given a pass, but I find it a little more understandable (for males, females, and anyone in between or undecided) in anyone in a job that separates you from your SO for a long period of time.

I can't imagine trying to keep the romance going when you're routinely gone for weeks or months at a time. It must be like strangers meeting over and over again, only one you had sex with a long time ago, so there's that weird awkward factor as well.