PDA

View Full Version : Phaneuf switches to Orser

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

peibeck
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Perhaps a new set of eyes and coaching will help Phaneuf, but I think she mainly needs to find the motivation within to succeed. I wish her luck on her new journey though.

DaveRocks
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Great for Cynthia, but I, too, am very surprised that she left Barabe and co.

Best of luck to her! :cheer:

DFJ
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Okay, this is good. If there's anyone out there that can help, it's Brian. Good luck to her. :) I have to admire her tenacity. It's been a tough go since she came back from her injury (seems long ago).

Mevrouw
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
HALLELUJAH ! ! ! ! ! !

I never thought this would happen but it's just about the ONLY thing that could allow her to finally reach her potential. Best of luck to you, Cynthia.

flowerpower
11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Great news!

Lara
11-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Perhaps a new set of eyes and coaching will help Phaneuf, but I think she mainly needs to find the motivation within to succeed. I wish her luck on her new journey though.

Agree, but this is an excellent first step at least - she wouldn't uproot herself at this point in her career if she didn't care. Good news!

Wiery
11-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Wonderful news!

pinky166
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Great news! Orser has helped Gede a lot with consistency since she switched, hopefully he can do the same for Cynthia!

Beefcake
11-17-2011, 04:59 PM
:) Orser will do wonders for Phaneuf ... I am assuming, of course, that Brian is also secretly a phychologist/hypnotist

IceAlisa
11-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Brian is all kinds of awesome. But I have my doubts about Cynthia.

manhn
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Cynthia has the motivation for an Olympic medal in the team event. She has to know that ladies is Team Canada's weak link and pressure will be on her not to dissolve on the ice.

I'm happy to see a Canadian skater actually train with Orser. What took so long? Reynolds should head out east too.

numbers123
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Put me in the camp that thinks Brian will be good a good fit for her.

Braulio
11-17-2011, 05:19 PM
I hope this works for her but I do too think this change should have been made long time ago, hopefully a new style and approach to her skating can be done under Brian´s coaching

shutterbug
11-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Have to say I’m utterly shocked by this decision, but good for her to finally make a move! :cheer: Was wondering why Annie wasn’t with her this past weekend at NHK.

I think she waited a bit too long, but you never know.

I know……she’s 23 already, tough to change your training habits at that age, especially when you’ve only had one coach your entire career. Josee Chouinard was a similar age when left Quebec for Toronto and had mixed results. Some coments from Josee shortly after the move: http://www.kurtfiles.com/articles/article.php?id=90&cat=SOI

Chouinard credited her decision to leave her home in Quebec and relocate in Toronto with new coach Louis Stong for much of her success. Stong also coaches Preston, which many people felt made for an awkward situation.

"It hasn't been an easy year for me," said Chouinard. "But the fact I moved helped me focus more on my skating. It proved I was very determined and I made a new friend in Karen."
BTW, a big thank you to Teenes for keeping such an amazing archive. This article was a fun trip down memory lane!

LadyNit
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Hmmmmm....I've been fed up to here with Cynthia's failure to compete. But, hey, I had the same disdain for Gedevanishvilli and, in my estimation, SHE has turned it around completely and skates like a new woman. Bravo, Elena. :encore:

If Brian has the same success with Phaneuff, he's a miracle worker. :cheer2: Go Brian! :cheer2:

(at least he gives me a reason to watch Phaneuff instead of using her time on the ice as my bathroom break)