PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Jahnke has a baby boy!

skatemommy
11-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Just found this on facebook:
Ryan Jahnke added 13 new photos to the album Zayin Nicholas Jahnke 6lbs, 9oz 11/15/11. in Colorado Springs, CO.

His wife is Tashiana. Congrats to them!

paskatefan
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Congrats to Ryan & his wife! Welcome to the world, Zayin! :)

snoopysnake
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Congratulations to the Jahnkes!

Please teach him to skate the way you did, Ryan! :)

LilJen
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Awwwwww. . . congrats to Ryan and Tashiana!!

skatesindreams
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Much happiness to the new family!

Andrushka
11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Congrats to them!! :)

FigureSpins
11-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Congratulations to Ryan and Tashiana!

Ziggy
11-18-2011, 05:39 AM
So he's straight?

Who would have known, he never mentioned that. :P

Louise
11-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh, now now. It's possible to procreate under ANY circumstance. A lesbian and gay man on a deserted island would still probably procreate just to have someone else around...

Info on the name Zayin:
"In gematria, Zayin represents the number seven, and when used at the beginning of Hebrew years, it means 7000 (i.e. זתשנד in numbers would be the future date 7754).

Zayin is also one of the seven letters which receive a special crown (called a tagin) when written in a Sefer Torah. It is one of several Hebrew letters that have an additional meaning as a noun. The others are: Bet [the second letter] whose name is a grammatical form of the word for "house"; Vav [the sixth letter] whose name means "hook"; Kaf [the eleventh letter] whose name means "palm [of the hand]"; Ayin [the sixteenth letter] whose name means "eye"; Pe [the seventeenth letter] whose name means "mouth"; Qof [the nineteenth letter] whose name means "monkey"; Shin [the twenty-first letter] whose name means "tooth"; Tav [the twenty-second letter] whose name means "mark"; and several other Hebrew letters whose names are ancient Hebrew forms of nouns still used, with a slight change of form or pronunciation, as nouns in modern Hebrew.)"

RJ is Christian, right? Hmm, maybe he did the biblical George Constanza and just named his child "Seven" but with biblical backup.

Anyway, congrats.

Lanie
11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Zayin is as bad as Natalie Portman naming her son Aleph. :shuffle:

aftershocks
11-18-2011, 07:44 PM
So he's straight?

Who would have known, he never mentioned that. :P

Why does he have to "mention that"? Why would anyone need to declare their sexuality in any case? Truthfully, sexual preference is not the first thing I think about when I watch skaters on the ice. What does it matter?!

I never thought about Ryan's sexuality one way or the other when I watched him skate -- I just always enjoyed Ryan's skating. I thought he was married for awhile even before he retired from eligible skating. I remember reading somewhere that he and his wife taught Sunday school together.

Congratulations to Ryan and Tashiana on the birth of their son! Wishing all three much happiness!

LynnW
11-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Why does he have to "mention that"? Why would anyone need to declare their sexuality in any case?

Actually, since Ziggy used the :P I thought he was being sarcastic. I thought it was more of a comment on some male figure skaters who are very vocal about being straight. YMMV.

Anyway, congrats on the new baby. Wishing them all much happiness.

Zemgirl
11-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Zayin is as bad as Natalie Portman naming her son Aleph. :shuffle:
Well, if they ever decide to visit Israel, someone with the name Zayin would get a lot of attention, while Aleph is just weird. But for an American kid, it doesn't matter, and I imagine they just liked the sound of it. Anyway, congratulations to the entire family!