PDA

View Full Version : NYC meet-up?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Marge_Simpson
11-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Is anyone interested in trying to get something organized? We could try to arrange something before everyone gets too busy with the holidays. We could do dinner, any suggestions?
The ice rinks are open at both Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park...would anyone be interested in going skating?
:)

victoriajh
11-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Is anyone interested in trying to get something organized? We could try to arrange something before everyone gets too busy with the holidays. We could do dinner, any suggestions?
The ice rinks are open at both Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park...would anyone be interested in going skating?

It is a dream of mine to skate on rockefeller center one Christmas season.....too bad that I live in Vancouver.....one day!

Marge_Simpson
11-18-2011, 12:35 AM
No takers? Hmph. :drama:

oleada
11-18-2011, 12:44 AM
me me me!
Sorry I hadn't seen this!

Guinevere
11-18-2011, 04:31 AM
It is a dream of mine to skate on rockefeller center one Christmas season.....too bad that I live in Vancouver.....one day!

I live in Vancouver too but I'm hoping to get out to NYC again in January so I can at least skate at Rockefeller Centre. It's cheaper in January and February (by that I mean hotels, etc. not the actual skating). I hear December is the most expensive time for NYC.

BelleBway
11-18-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm always up for a FSU meet... but it probably won't work out for me unless we wait til after the new year. (And unless it's a weekend.)

Stefanie
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I'll be up there December 9-11th. :)

GarrAarghHrumph
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM

I would attend, I would eat, I would skate! You all could observe my horrible skating technique!

Wolman might also be nice. But the nice thing about Bryant Park is that other than skate rental for those who need it, the skating itself is free. Rock Center is iconic, though. The best maintained ice is probably Wolman. Obviously, I'd be happy at any of them!

As for timing - I live a good hour outside the city, so probably a weekend would be best, or a Friday evening.

Garden Kitty
11-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't skate, but I'd be happy to take pictures of those who do. I'm with Belle though, a weekend is really the only time that works for me. Maybe a pre-Nats gathering if December is too busy?

GarrAarghHrumph
11-19-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm always happy to eat, too; but I can't recommend places. I usually just eat at Wholefoods or at the school cafeteria when I'm in town.

FigureSpins
11-19-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll be up there December 9-11th. :)
I'm there from Dec 10-12th, have plans on the evening of the 11th.

SaSherka
11-21-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm in NYC Jan 27-29 (pretty much booked for MetOpera) and possibly Jan 13-16 as well. I'll be following this thread if anything is happening those weekends.

Marge_Simpson
11-21-2011, 06:52 AM
I just posted in the other NYC thread, maybe we should plan for January instead?

GarrAarghHrumph
11-21-2011, 02:53 PM
January is also fine for me, because I live around the city. I think that Jan also tends to be less busy for people, as it's after the holidays. And the rinks are still open at that point, for those interested.

BelleBway
11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Right now, January is pretty wide open for me... would love to see my FSU friends for the first time in ages and meet some new people too! :)