PDA

View Full Version : Android vs. iPhone

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

SpiralGirl
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Random question, can those of you in the US tell me how much an Iphone 4S is from the American apple site? I can't access it from the UK but the video Prancer posted has intrigued me. The Iphone4 was 500 for the cheapest 16MB here - that video said it was $300 in the US! That's less than half the price :eek:

flyingsit
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Marco, I just upgraded from an iPhone 3G to a 4S... it's night and day. My battery was still OK on the 3G, but this new one is so much faster it's ridiculous. In addition, I haven't had the reported battery problems on the 4S at all; in fact the battery has been lasting *longer* than the one in my 3G, so who knows.

Tesla
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I think both Samsung and Apple have excellent designs. Personally, I'll take an Android over Apple anyday, but I am one of those people who doesn't like Apple products.

Not an Apple fan here, either. :) I have an HTC Incdredible and I love my Droid. I actually don't do a ton of apps, but I do surf the net a lot. It's perfect for me. Plus it has Flash. :D

I am thinking of an Android but I hate Chrome as a browser on pcs and laptops. My parents use Chrome (I am a firefox fan). I do not get the appeal of Chrome AT ALL. I mean, where are the tabs?!?!? And I still don't know how to add and find a bookmark. I haven't tried Chrome on their cells so maybe it'll be better.

You can get Firefox for the Android (https://market.android.com/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox). Personally, I just use the Google browser, but then again, I don't use bookmarks on my phone.

IceAlisa
11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
So on my old smartphone I was able to create an icon for FSU that I could just tap. With the iPhone I have a feeling I will have to log on through the internet each time.

Badams
11-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Not an Apple fan here, either. :) I have an HTC Incdredible and I love my Droid. I actually don't do a ton of apps, but I do surf the net a lot. It's perfect for me. Plus it has Flash. .

I have the incredible too, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! And I'm not one to fall in love with a phone.:lol:

myhoneyhoney
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Verizon's HTC Incredible here and I absolutely ♥ it. It's fast and has many useful features/apps, I practically have my entire life on this sucker. It's pretty much another computer for me. Once this breaks down I plan on getting another android.

peibeck
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I have a Samsung HTC droid and like it a lot. I haven't downloaded a lot of apps though. I haven't tried accessing FSU on it yet... but I guess I will before Nationals. :shuffle:

aliceanne
11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Oh OK. So how do I use FSU on this thing? I don't think there's an app for that. :shuffle:

Go to the FSU webpage. At the bottom of your screen you should see an icon that is a sideways arrow. Click on that and you will see the option to "add to Home Screen".

IceAlisa
11-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Silicon Valley types seem to favor the Androids because it's more a relatively "open" platform and they get to play and change things as they are wont to do. The iPhone is more tightly controlled. :puppet:

This isn't an issue for me because I am just a regular user who wants to make calls, text, take pics/video, post on FSU and other social networking sites and use an occasional app. And I want the phone to be reasonably fast, have a reasonably long battery life and last but not least, I want it to be purty. :P

Prancer
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
I am thinking of an Android but I hate Chrome as a browser on pcs and laptops.

So use a different browser. I use Dolphin.

Silicon Valley types seem to favor the Androids because it's more a relatively "open" platform and they get to play and change things as they are wont to do. The iPhone is more tightly controlled. :puppet:

That's part of the reason I don't like Apple. But I wanted something that would sync with my Android-platformed Nook Color and some of the internet tools I use for which there are Android apps but not necessarily iPhone apps.

Really, I think most people would be happy either way; it's just a matter of personal preference more than anything else.

IceAlisa
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Go to the FSU webpage. At the bottom of your screen you should see an icon that is a sideways arrow. Click on that and you will see the option to "add to Home Screen".

Great, thanks! Another function discovered. :)

made_in_canada
11-14-2011, 06:57 PM

I had no idea I could do that, thanks! :cool:

oleada
11-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I got the Samsung. It's amazing :D

(it was a 3 week wait for the iPhone anyway)

myhoneyhoney
11-15-2011, 05:32 AM
speaking of droids, did anyone else get upgraded to 2.3.4 tonight? It made my Incredible a lot faster but lost some of my apps like Smurf Village, original Angry Birds, and Paradise Island. Everything else seems to be fine.

galaxygirl
11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
speaking of droids, did anyone else get upgraded to 2.3.4 tonight? It made my Incredible a lot faster but lost some of my apps like Smurf Village, original Angry Birds, and Paradise Island. Everything else seems to be fine.

I got the upgrade a week or two ago but didn't lose any apps that I know of. Did you download them from the market? if so, you should be able to download them again.