1 Mao Asada
2 Carolina Kostner
3 Alissa Czisny
4 Akiko Suzuki
5 Ashley Wagner

Cheers

Roxanne
11-14-2011, 03:04 AM
How do you know that Ashley will make it to Worlds?

Nomad
11-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Same way longingfornia knows that Mao will win. :P

Jenna
11-14-2011, 03:07 AM
This is bold. :lol:

Early favorites are definitely Kostner, Asada, and Suzuki. Maybe Czisny can spoil.

longingfornia
11-14-2011, 03:16 AM
i hope Kostner wins but my gut tells me no. I hope Ash can make team as well
Cheers

Nomad
11-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Nah. Gizmo will make a comeback and blow everyone out of the water with her voidy FS to selections by Philip Glass.

l'etoile
11-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I think it's high time that Carolina holds the world title, she's got the right jump scale, uniqueness, and grace for it. I just hope she'd do that with at least one lutz and one flip in her long program;)

Loves_Shizuka
11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
I just have a feeling this is Kostner's year.

briancoogaert
11-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Well, my favorite skater is Carolina Kostner. But she was pretty clean in her Grand-Prix (at least, she didn't make more mistakes than usual), and she got 182 points. Akiko Suzuki and Mao Asada, less clean than usual, got 185 and 184.
I don't know what to think about that.

jiggs
11-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, my favorite skater is Carolina Kostner. But she was pretty clean in her Grand-Prix (at least, she didn't make more mistakes than usual), and she got 182 points. Akiko Suzuki and Mao Asada, less clean than usual, got 185 and 184.

Well that's because Carolina did easier triples. As the season progresses I am sure Carolina will put either 2a3t or 3f3t, plus a second 3flip or 3loop into her programs. If she manages to stay relatively clean including those elements, I am sure her scores will be right up there with Mao and Akiko. I am curious to see whether she will already do that next weekend at TEB or whether she will wait till the GPF. Apparently she did 3f3t and 2a3t in practice at COC.

Worlds will be very interesting as there are a lot of ladies who could deliver. It's really up to whoever skates clean that day.

I really hope Carolina can keep the momentum going and finally deliver at Worlds. She really deserves it, she has been through so much and deserves this title IMO.

Amy03
11-14-2011, 03:25 PM
If there is anyone who deserves this title it would be no one else beside Mao Asada, she has shown such determination to improve and not being afraid of taking risk year after year, by never taking the easy rode like Kostner always does.. and by the time worlds will arrive Mao's technical content will be even harder with the 3A back and who ever knows what more she might put, one thing is for sure Mao herself said that she will level up... and if there is one person who I'm sure will deliever and work hard it's Mao.. and whether it's the technical content or artistically Mao is a miles over kostner, even a flawed Mao is much much better then a clean kostner... anyone with eyes would be able to see that!

but the season still only begun, which is why this discussion may be a bit to early to beginn!

olympic
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
1. Asada
2. Kostner
3. Suzuki
4. Czisny
5. Nagasu
6. Leonova

If Czisny makes progress on her ambitious jump layout, I'll put her on the podium ahead of Suzuki. If Nagasu sorts out her head, I'll even put her up there fighting for Gold with Asada and Kostner. Leonova will get politiked to a good position, maybe higher than 6th. That's a promise.

l'etoile
11-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Jumping layouts of theirs are different as Jiggs mentioned, and you can't rule out the fact that Akiko and Mao was skating in their home ice with more polished performances than they usually did for the last couple of seasons. Plus, I've been told that it's not fair to compare scores between different the competitions which have different set of judges with different set of minds of giving out scores:slinkaway

jiggs
11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
...and if there is one person who I'm sure will deliever and work hard it's Mao.. and whether it's the technical content or artistically Mao is a miles over kostner, even a flawed Mao is much much better then a clean kostner... anyone with eyes would be able to see that!

Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree. Both are extremely talented skaters and have their unique qualities, technically and artistically. I don't think Mao is miles ahead of Carolina though and if they both deliver, it will be close. Same goes for Akiko.

dariaparadise
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
For Mao to win in every even year sounds about right -
like Michelle Kwan did win worlds '96, Olympic silver then worlds '98, not a good post-olympic year (though much better than Mao), then another win in '00 in Nice!

I do believe Carolina will take the silver. I do not believe two Japanese on the podium.