PDA

View Full Version : Apple Care Question

DickButtonFan
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
My macbook pro is only 10 months old and I already had to get my logic board replaced, so I'm considering getting the apple care from amazon for my laptop. I have the 2010 version of the MBP so do I buy the newest version of the apple care or can I buy the one from last year as it's a little cheaper? My warranty is up in a month so I know I'll have to buy the apple care before the date is up. Would you advise buying it from amazon? This is my first apple laptop so I really don't know much about this. Thanks.

Aceon6
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I think you're safest if you buy it directly from Apple, store.apple.com, or in an Apple store. It's not worth saving 10 bucks when your technical lifeline is at stake.

MacMadame
11-14-2011, 12:48 AM
I would be careful of buying Apple Care in a situation where I couldn't verify when the account had been activated. You don't want to buy something and find out it expires in 2 months.

skateycat
11-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Mr skateycat has always had good luck buying Applecare off of ebay at good prices, doing the usual due diligence of looking at the seller's reputation. That said, if you don't enjoy reading lots of reputations, buy it straight from Apple or from Amazon.com proper (by which I mean not some reseller).