PDA

View Full Version : Daisuke-san!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Vash01
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I love Daisuke Takahashi. I want to see him win at worlds this year (it will be his second world title).

aftershocks
12-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Would be nice to see Dai and Mao win in Nice one year after the tragic earthquake in Japan which forced the 2011 World Championships to be canceled there.

Also it was a lovely gesture by Savchenko and Szolkowy to have their 2011 Rostelecom Trophy auctioned to benefit disaster relief in Japan.

Mao, Dai, Savchenko/ Szolkowy -- great champions who consistently demonstrate class and character.

ostile17
02-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Cute video of the 4CC Small Medal Ceremony's Q&A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPQNItAd_Q&list=PL12ED8533B68F1F4B&index=88&feature=plpp_video) with Dai, Patrick, Ross and Adam.

Sparks
02-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Adorable!
Dai and Adam seem to really like each other.

DarrellH
02-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Can't wait to see him at Worlds

FiveRinger
02-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Not that I don't love his programs for this season, but I can't wait to see next year's programs and how they're going to top this years, which were phenomenal

kittyjake5
02-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the video, so cute!

Dilng
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I seriously need Dai on the top of the 2012 Worlds podium. I need it so bad!
There are so many things to love for his skating, but for me the biggest is his willingness to try different styles and really commit to the programs. Would any of his peers (save maybe Jeremy) interpret Blues for Klook (B4K) so amazingly well?

I don't even think Jeremy could do as well as Dai -- he is in a class by himself and I want him to win Worlds and the 2014 Olympics!:swoon::)

kwanette
02-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Adorable!
Dai and Adam seem to really like each other.

Buds from the Sticky Nicky days back in Hackensack.

I like you, Dai.

Vash01
02-20-2012, 06:24 AM
I don't even think Jeremy could do as well as Dai -- he is in a class by himself and I want him to win Worlds and the 2014 Olympics!:swoon::)

Here is another vote for Daisuke.I want thim to win worlds in 2012 and Olympics in 2014.

aftershocks
02-20-2012, 06:34 PM
ITA -- Dai is such a wonderful skater and person. He's also a great ambassador for the sport in the way he carries himself with such grace and charm, and sportsmanship.

Definitely, I'd love to see Dai Jeremy Adam on Worlds and Olympic podiums!!! -- Chan in 4th and Javi in 5th Oh please, skate Gods!

Well, I can dream, can't I?

ETA:
The video clip was very cool -- love the camaraderie among these athletes. Funny and kinda sweet how Dai kept moving closer to Adam when Patrick was talking. (Thanks for reminder kwanette about their shared days of yore with Nicky ;) ).

Patrick handled the questions well too considering the fact he has such a high margin for error in the judges' minds at least. How is it Patrick will not win in Nice? :rofl: when Patrick said that this season was tougher for him and last season was smoother. In terms of his actual results, I don't see any difference. Hilarious too when Patrick said that he owes his success to watching Dai, and that his own skating style and technique are similar to Daisuke's. :huh: Uh, not really. Dai seemed quite amused at the comparison, but perhaps also somewhat flattered by Patrick's attempt to give him some props, since the judges seem to have only eyes and rewards for PC's quads and SS.

Too bad Dai's Japanese interpreter was very unclear in translating what Dai said re the first question directed to him. I preferred seeing Dai speak for himself. :lol: when Patrick helped Dai find the right word in English: "choreography." Now, wouldn't it be something if Patrick could learn to rock choreography the way Dai can do so naturally, so superbly.

Adam and Ross are so exceedingly cute and uber-talented. So happy for their success this season. Another laugh riot when Patrick handed the microphone to Ross to respond to the Worlds preparation question, and Ross deadpanned the obvious ... "I'm not going to Worlds." Really funny too when Patrick said he would answer the high altitude effects question for everyone. He answered it quite well too. "You feel dead, but you're still alive." Hope Dai can rise, summon magic, perfection, mesmerize judges' panel, whatever it might take to overtake PC for gold in Nice. :)

aftershocks
02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Dbl post --

Proustable
02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Another vote for Daisuke in Nice. His long program is one of the strongest of the season (right up there with Chan's) and his short is the best period. He's way too talented a skater to only have one world title to his credit.

Fozzie Bear
02-21-2012, 01:42 AM
^Ditto! His exhibition program this year is a masterpiece too. I'm hard pressed to think of another skater who can perform this quiet piece so sublimely. Dai + Miyamoto = :swoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8

FiveRinger
02-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Definitely, I'd love to see Dai Jeremy Adam on Worlds and Olympic podiums!!! -- Chan in 4th and Javi in 5th Oh please, skate Gods!

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Now, that's a plan that I get behind! :lol: