PDA

View Full Version : Daisuke-san!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

os168
11-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Even cats love Daisuke's skating! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y_EAAkaDBhA

I usually don't like cats, but can tolerate kittens.

But for some reason I think I am psychologically intuned with these fur balls in the Daisuke videos, especially the middle one who kep hobbles up and down after Daisuke :shuffle: ... too Kawaiii... !!

aftershocks
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Dai certainly makes it look fresh and new, but his fp music has been used often in figure skating, which I didn't recall.

The below program may be familiar to many, but I'd forgotten that Usova and Zhulin skated to Blues for Klook in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Txih0umNOo

If I'm not mistaken, one of U/Z moves from this program is famously one of the sketches of skaters performing their programs on FSU home page.

robinhood
11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I loved U/Z in that program! I like Daisuke's program a lot, and he gets in the mood of the music like no one else can, but that's a music for dancers, IMHO. The jumps take a bit from the music, even though Dai's jumps come from nowhere most of the time.

Meredith
11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I just realized I have not commented on this thread yet.

Daisuke skates two of my three favorite competitive programs this year. The other is Jeromy Abbott's. Dai blew me away at NHK, and I am so pleased for him!

Whether it is his choice of music or the way he interprets it, I am simply blown away. Some of his musical choices are not ones I would have seen coming. In past years, I would watch him practice to music I despised, but when it came to the competitive performance, that music and Daisuke's interpretation somehow became "soup" and I fell in love with the music, too! :D

Aussie Willy
11-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Whether it is his choice of music or the way he interprets it, I am simply blown away. Some of his musical choices are not ones I would have seen coming. In past years, I would watch him practice to music I despised, but when it came to the competitive performance, that music and Daisuke's interpretation somehow became "soup" and I fell in love with the music, too! :D
That is a sign of a good skater or any performer for that matter. On SYTYCD a few years ago there was that couple who did Bleeding Love which is a song I hate. But that performance was amazing and it made the song work.

It is something also you have to look at with judging. You may hate the music but you have to give a skater credit for how they use it and whether it works.

Dai really is so in the moment with Blues for Klook. And his SP was just outstanding for musicality. Particularly in his straight line step sequence, where he stopped, moved his head and then continued. That tiny moment sucked me in totally. I have no idea why but it did.

I know one of the judges who actually judged NHK and sent her a message to say how envious I was that she got to judge his programs. She just responded that he was amazing.

Proustable
11-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Just curious, had he land the quad with an average of +2 GOE, what will his total be?

A fully rotated quad flip is worth 12.3 points. With the +2, he would've had 14.3

His attempt garnered him 4.6 points (5.6 points and then the fall deduction), so he would've gotten 9.7 points more for 179.02 (presuming his PCS remains unchanged, which is doubtful)

os168
11-20-2011, 05:29 AM
A fully rotated quad flip is worth 12.3 points. With the +2, he would've had 14.3

His attempt garnered him 4.6 points (5.6 points and then the fall deduction), so he would've gotten 9.7 points more for 179.02 (presuming his PCS remains unchanged, which is doubtful)

Thank you :) I just wonder if Patrick can be beaten, and my hope is a maxed out Daisuke with good momentum include the 4F might!!! *finger crossed*

The Accordion
11-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Daisuke just scored the 4th highest Short Program mark (after Patrick / Plushenko / Plushenko) without a quad-(the others had quads) so there really is no question that he can beat Patrick IMO.

But I adore both of them for different reasons and - as I said on another thread I am ecstatic with men's skating right now!

aromadezaki
11-21-2011, 05:00 PM
【MAD】Daisuke Takahashi【Epoca】:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ai6qIY-pWY

Aussie Willy
11-21-2011, 11:49 PM
I definately think Dai has what it takes to beat Patrick. I would love to see a perfect Patrick and Dai up against each other because as much as I love watching both, for me Dai's musicality is greater than Patrick's. And that could give him the edge.

I have to say it is so nice to say that though because the quality of what both those guys do is outstanding.

Fozzie Bear
11-22-2011, 02:57 AM
ITA. What a competition that would be, if both skated perfectly.

I really appreciate how Daisuke's always willing to learn and stretch himself artistically and technically. Working with different choreographers, and with Lambiel and Schoenfelder (also two of my favorites) during the off seasons.

I see improvements in his spins this season.

Aussie Willy
11-22-2011, 06:29 AM
I do have an issue with his flying sit spin. He just doesn't get much elevation and a good tuck position in the air. I watch his beautiful skating and then all of a sudden he does the flying sit and I kind of cringe because it is just not up to the standard of the other elements.

Fozzie Bear
11-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Yeah, he's improved his positions and speed in the sit when he's on the ice, but the fly part still needs some work. His upright spins can be great when he's on though. Camel is still very slow (but goes with the music in the SP so well).

I wonder if he can consult Lambiel wrt spins. That'd be awesome.

lauravvv
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I wonder if he can consult Lambiel wrt spins. That'd be awesome.I don't think that it would help that much. Because apparently Stephane is not doing anything that other skaters (including Daisuke) don't know in theory. Some just have a natural ability, others can learn, but probably not as well as those with the natural ability.

Aussie Willy
11-23-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't think that it would help that much. Because apparently Stephane is not doing anything that other skaters (including Daisuke) don't know in theory. Some just have a natural ability, others can learn, but probably not as well as those with the natural ability.

I think it would probably help a lot. Because there are spin doctors out there, maybe Stephane included, who whilst are natural spinners, also have tips and techniques that will help improve others. And it can be the tiniest thing but the skater may not have thought of it before.

No one in skating is the be all and end all of all knowledge. Just some have better ways of doing things that end up making them better than others.