PDA

View Full Version : Interviewing Luchinda Ruh . . . questions?

manleywoman
11-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Sorry for the short notice, but I'm interviewing Lucinda Ruh tomorrow, and wanted to give you all the opportunity to submit some questions. Let me know if you have any! Thanks

skateboy
11-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Many Swiss skaters seem to have something special when it comes to spin technique and you, Lucinda Ruh, are one of the greatest ever. Is there anything unique about the way spins are taught in Switzerland?

Ziggy
11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Not sure if it's appropriate :P but I really wanna know about her neurological problems because of her crazy spinning.

skatak
11-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Some days back in time, a French skater was known to spin verrry fast, and used to have bruises at her elbows. Has it happen to her ?

TAHbKA
11-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Lucinda is fluent in several languanges. Did she learn them or did she live in the places where those languages are spoken?

The spins - can she teach the others to spin the way she does or it's something she does without being able to explain how?

If am not mistaken she was involved in creating her costumes. If she follows the figure skating now - whose costumes she considers the best and why (if not too PI - whose are the worst and why)?

Nomad
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
I assume she's been to university. I'd like to know what she got her degree in.

Jot the Dot Dot
11-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Lucinda is fluent in several languanges. Did she learn them or did she live in the places where those languages are spoken?

She is Swiss by nationality, and Switzerland has 4 official languages. And she grew up for some years in Japan, where she & Yuka Sato became close friends.

Lizziebeth
11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I've always wondered how skaters cope with the dizziness that must occur with practicing and performing spins. She is very talented, but she sure must have spent many hours perfecting those spins.

manleywoman
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
She is Swiss by nationality, and Switzerland has 4 official languages. And she grew up for some years in Japan, where she & Yuka Sato became close friends.

Indeed, she was also coached by Nabuo Sato.

aliceanne
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I would be curious as to what her off-ice training was. She had great flexibility and beautiful lines. Did she study dance or have any special exercises that she did?