PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Blades Season 3: The Finale!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

liv
11-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Wow. Didn't see that coming. Good job, everyone.

Twilight1
11-15-2011, 01:17 AM
I am happy with results. I thought all 3 teams were really good and would have been happy with any of them winning.

Anemone
11-15-2011, 01:29 AM
I enjoyed the piece on all the charities, but wish we didn't miss Kurt skating while they showed it.

amy8
11-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Yes. It was sort of like Naya? the foot work only program.

fan
11-15-2011, 01:33 AM
i cried when they showed the piece on the charities..i'm such a sucker

Desperado
11-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Darn I love this show. So great to see a reality show with decent people doing good things for others instead of trying to be outrageous just for the sake of getting one's 15 minutes of fame.

Enjoyed Tessa's digs at JR and really liked David's speech about the players taking FS seriously and hopefully changing people's opinion of boys figure skating.

I actually thought MF & Bryan would come in third so it was a nice surprise.

kimkom
11-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Huh... I thought that was kind of a weird finale. It was very quiet or something. :confused:

David's speech was the best part. :respec: Do you think they knew who won before it aired? No one seemed excited, including the winners.

amy8
11-15-2011, 01:51 AM
I don't think it was about the winners. That's why I loved it.

kimkom
11-15-2011, 01:54 AM
I don't think it was about the winners. That's why I loved it.

I understand that, and I agree to a point, but they've worked their asses off for weeks, so I expected more emotion. Besides, they won a small fortune for their charities, that's reason to :biggrinbo

Andora
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Fan, I teared up as well. They all really connected with their charities.

Poor Tessa-- David skated right off with that trophy :lol: Loved their speeches.

Was last year's finale only half an hour? No special performances, nothing. I found that rather :eek:. If there's no "after the ice" special, I'm seriously wondering about the show returning next year.

amy8
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Which is why I'm cheering. All the participants are very successful already. I will love them more because they generated money for good causes.

4rkidz
11-15-2011, 02:09 AM
I understand that, and I agree to a point, but they've worked their asses off for weeks, so I expected more emotion. Besides, they won a small fortune for their charities, that's reason to :biggrinbo

Kimkom.. I agree.. was a bit of a quiet finish to everything.. i'm thinking they knew or had a sense.. I must admit when I went to watch most of the little kids wanting autographs at the end were for Tessa - even more than the actual figure skaters which was very cute.. so maybe they realized that it was a done deal..

Really
11-15-2011, 02:35 AM
I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I agree the acceptance speeches were well done, as was the piece on the charities.

Too bad it's over for another year! :(

seaner00
11-15-2011, 03:31 AM
I dont think this season was so much about winning but about the charities and Wade, which was a nice touch :)

I'm gonna miss it so for a year :(

Athena
11-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Congratulations to the winners, I really like Tessa and David, well deserved! All three couples did very well.