PDA

View Full Version : Stars on Ice 2011-2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

joemauerlover
11-17-2011, 03:14 AM
So I'm thinking about going to the Chicago show, but of course its the only show without a date, argh!!!!!! Its probably a 7 hour drive for me, but by golly I've gotta get there. I've been going to SOI since the late 90's, and am glad that I have some personal time off from work lined up!!! Although it might be fun to go somewhere else, I would love to go to LA, or the east coast. bummed that its no longer in the Twin Cities, but I am still going to show my support. You would think that with so few cities, they could get a lot more major stars that don't want to be on the road for very long due to family and other commitments, like Kristi (even though I know she doesn't skate anymore, I think her skating would get more people to shows, Sale and Pelletier, Lipinski (hey, I was/am a fan of her's!) its weird that Belbin/Agosto and michael weiss aren't doing the tour. and even Scott (although I am sure he can't because of his health, would help the tour. Dang you economy!!

Willowway
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
although I am sure he can't because of his health

Scott appears to be in very good health these days; actually in Cleveland a few weeks ago he looked great and acted like he felt great. There's a point (he's 53 and that's reason enough) where anyone would give up performing and touring and he reached it several years ago (he has been clear that the last performance several years ago in Cleveland was great to do but pretty much the end for that sort of thing). He appears very focused on his family, his various charities and of course producing SOI - that's a full plate.

~tapdancer~
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm just grateful for the SOI shows I've seen over the years. Good memories. Won't be going anymore.

Susan M
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Did Johnny's public battle with SOI (and Smuckers) help bring it down?

It would not surprise me if the negative publicity was a factor in Smuckers dropping out as sponsor, since they got the blame for it. I doubt, though, that the furor caused many people to stop buying tickets. Still, it may well have been a missed opportunity to draw new audience members. Johnny can be a captivating skater, though his exhibitions the past couple years have not been the kind of stuff that would have saved anyone's tour.

flutzilla1
11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm just grateful for the SOI shows I've seen over the years. Good memories. Won't be going anymore.

Me too. I am really bummed they aren't coming to the NY/NJ/CT Metro area this year. Lake Placid is great but it is way too far to travel for a one-night event, and Hershey's show is late on a Sunday afternoon, which does not work for us with a 3+ hour drive home on a school night. It's sad -- Mini flutz and I have always enjoyed our 'skating night out'. :)

Skate Talker
11-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Why do other Countries have such great shows?

Do any of these countries have a touring show with 10 or more performances? They may exist but I haven't heard of them.

immoimeme
11-18-2011, 09:37 PM
well I'm really pissed. A lot of skaters I would dearly love to see and there's not a show anywhere near me. Pfffffffffffffffft! :P

inthemiddle
11-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Tanith explains it all ;)
http://www.tanithbelbin.com/

judiz
11-19-2011, 03:57 AM
health issues, I hope everything works out for Tanith.

Coco
11-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Good for her, she's earned the right to take a break.

nubka
11-19-2011, 05:53 AM
I wonder what Ben is doing to keep busy now days?

Rafter
11-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Tanith explains it all ;)
http://www.tanithbelbin.com/

Hm. Some interesting wording in there from Tanith. She didn't seem injured on BotB.

Interesting to me that she wouldn't do SOI when it's only 10 shows. But maybe she just needs a break after Battle.

Carolla5501
11-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Hm. Some interesting wording in there from Tanith. She didn't seem injured on BotB.

Interesting to me that she wouldn't do SOI when it's only 10 shows. But maybe she just needs a break after Battle.

Injuries and health are not always related. :rolleyes:

It might be easier to say no to what they were offering for 10 shows then a big well paying gig IMHO.

And if we are lucky, Ben will come to Nationals and "commentate" on Skate Radio again. He was hysterical!

Teenes
11-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Geoffrey Tyler (Kurt's musician/actor friend who co-choreographed and performed Steppin' Out with him, and who is co-choreographing both Celebration on Ice and Stars on Ice with him) tweeted the other day:

@mypantsronfire Geoffrey Tyler
Principal choreography for @starsonice w/ @KurtBrowning & @J_Butt done! Whew that was a long week! Now 2 the details…details…

Looks like the choreography team is Geoff, Kurt, and Jeff Buttle.

What I find kind of intriguing is that earlier that week, Linda Garneau, a friend of Geoff's who choreographed "Downstream" for Kurt last year, tweeted:

@Helixdance Linda Garneau
So beautiful watching contemporary lines on the ice, Kurt Browning and Jeffrey Buttle are such beautiful artists. A blessing to work with xo

I wonder if they got some help from her on the Stars choreography??

ryanbfan
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Ryan Bradley finally joins the tour yet Texas and anywhere near me gets left off the list of dates again :fragile: