PDA

View Full Version : Stars on Ice 2011-2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Meredith
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Have a wonderful time, iggie. Love the lower half's cast, but sure wish Jeffrey Buttle was in it.

kwanette
01-18-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.starsonice.com/?content=tour_news&id=4424

iggie
01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Have a wonderful time, iggie. Love the lower half's cast, but sure wish Jeffrey Buttle was in it.

thanks

Cheylana
01-18-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.starsonice.com/?content=tour_news&id=4424

The sixteen year old New Yorker shocked the world when she landed a record-setting seven triple jumps
So Tara and Michelle didn't land seven triple jumps in the prior Olympics? :confused:

Anyway, congrats to Sarah. Perhaps she is trying to ease her way back into show skating and putting law school to the side for now (can't say I blame her for not wanting to go to law school).

kwanette
01-18-2012, 11:29 PM
So Tara and Michelle didn't land seven triple jumps in the prior Olympics? :confused:

Who writes this stuff?

Sparks
01-18-2012, 11:33 PM

Anyway, congrats to Sarah. Perhaps she is trying to ease her way back into show skating and putting law school to the side for now (can't say I blame her for not wanting to go to law school).
:rofl:

Hasn't she been show skating most of this season?
I'd love to hear more reports about SOI.
Sparks wuz robbed of SOI! :wuzrobbed

AJ Skatefan
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Well, good for Sarah. Although personally I'd rather see Kimmie or Nicole.

iarispiralllyof
01-18-2012, 11:46 PM
lol.

i was going through old skating news articles and there was one from 2008 that basically bashed news coverage of skating as being the worst out of all sports due to the low respect that people have for skating in general, simply because many don't find it a "real sport". they concluded that while it takes lots of listening, watching, etc. to differentiate triple jumps, a lot of reporters don't even bother to do basic research. one example was a reporter who described michelle ending her 2002 nationals performance with "2 spread eagles" when they meant split falling leafs. another news article described 16 year old sarah hughes as a UCLA sophomore going head to head with michelle kwan :P yet another claimed sarah did a record 6 combinations during her olympic lp

kwanette
01-19-2012, 12:01 AM
:rofl:

Hasn't she been show skating most of this season?
I'd love to hear more reports about SOI.
Sparks wuz robbed of SOI! :wuzrobbed

My night in Philadelphia for SOI used to be a highlight. It even came to Atlantic City twice. Now, nothing. Hopefully, Sarah will put some butts in seats and revive the tour a bit.

Coco
01-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Um, while I and plenty of others would be happy to see her, I seriously doubt she's a big box office draw.

AJ Skatefan
01-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Um, while I and plenty of others would be happy to see her, I seriously doubt she's a big box office draw.

Now, Johnny, on the other hand, would bring some people in.

RD
01-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Well, good for Sarah. Although personally I'd rather see Kimmie or Nicole.

Ah, wouldn't mind Bobek though. She seems genuinely happy to be back on the ice and it shows in her performances. I'd definitely pick her over the other two..

HSGP21
01-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Nicole or Kimmie would be wonderful! Even Lipinski would be a draw. With so few dates I am surprised SOI couldn't pull out some other big names... it is not like it is a huge commitment.

RD
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
^ Lipinski would be cool too. (Hughes is not a bad addition, either.)

You know what would be cool, too? More cities!

But speaking in general terms, I don't think even Kwan could save the tour at this point. People are just losing interest, and tickets are too pricey. Skating is no longer on folks' radars.

kwanette
01-19-2012, 02:10 AM
^ Lipinski would be cool too. (Hughes is not a bad addition, either.)

You know what would be cool, too? More cities!

But speaking in general terms, I don't think even Kwan could save the tour at this point. People are just losing interest, and tickets are too pricey. Skating is no longer on folks' radars.

I'd make the 3 1/2 hr schlep to Hersey, Pa to see the Kween, since you mentioned her, but since she has never skated with SOI..moot point.