PDA

View Full Version : Parks and Recreation

Pages : [1] 2

Fridge_Break
11-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Does anyone else watch this show? It started out awful in the first season, but since has grown to be one of, if not THE, funniest and best shows on TV today. Watching its ratings tumble lower and lower breaks my heart, which isn't good because my ribs are already broken from laughing too hard each week. :rofl: Leslie's references to Harry Potter always crack me up, and April's deadpan personality is beyond hilarious. And Ron Swanson is one of the best characters ever.

I'm in love with this show. I just wish many, many more people were as well, because I don't know how much longer it will be around. :(

milanessa
11-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Interesting. I watched maybe half the shows the first season but it was just so bad I haven't watched since. I actually like sitcoms but except for The Middle there aren't any good ones on that I've found.

AnnieBgood
11-11-2011, 10:48 PM
I LOVE Parks and Recreation. Too many funny moments to count.

Bonita
11-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I started to watch it before I had a DVR because it was stuck between two shows I loved and I just kept watching because too lazy to get off the couch. Season One was progressively better as it went along (at first I hated it).

I have grown to absolutely adore the show, there are so many subtle moments and Ron is just awesome with his ridiculous manly-man stuff. Leslie is sweet and inspiring. April is my evil twin. I just love all the characters, without exception. The Little Sebastian thing was just so unbelievably funny.

Sadly, I'm not suprised to hear about the ratings. People don't seem to tune into shows anymore that have any underlying feel good theme. My list of cancelations re: same that I loved: My Name is Earl, Ugly Betty, Hellcats, (almost) Make It or Break It, Outsourced (I don't think anyone watched that but me), I could go on.

People would rather watch Jersey Shore or Housewives of Wherever. I'm not a reality show snob (I do watch a couple), but I do like to vary the mean with the sweet.

AnnieBgood
11-11-2011, 11:09 PM
"Little Sebastiannnn, you're like 5,000 candles in the wiiiind." oh Andy

ross_hy
11-12-2011, 03:08 AM
I love it too! I don't know why it doesn't do better in the ratings. It has great characters, recognizable actors, and although I like mean/snarky/ironic humor, I actually love that this show doesn't use it that much (except for with April). Maybe because it's on NBC? Maybe because The Office is in a rut, Whitney runs hot and cold, and Community can be a little out there sometimes?

jl22aries
11-12-2011, 09:14 AM
This show is SO AMAZING! Somehow it's quirky with soul, ernest and yet not cloying, clever, well acted, creative in storytelling, and funny as hell, all rolled into one. I love the lack of cynicism. I love the detailed world of Pawnee. Every single character is so fully conceived. Donna get's 5 lines an episode, and still rocks it.

love skating
11-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I love Parks and Recreation - it's "awesome sauce". Unlike most folks, I've loved it since day one. I love all the characters. And I like the recurring ones they bring back all the time and the recurring places (like Sweetums and Eagleton).

Bonita I liked Outsourced too. :)

PDilemma
11-12-2011, 07:03 PM
I love it too! I don't know why it doesn't do better in the ratings. It has great characters, recognizable actors, and although I like mean/snarky/ironic humor, I actually love that this show doesn't use it that much (except for with April). Maybe because it's on NBC? Maybe because The Office is in a rut, Whitney runs hot and cold, and Community can be a little out there sometimes?

We love Parks & Rec at our house. I don't get all the acclaim for Community instead.

As for Whitney, I like that, too. I think it demonstrates weekly what happens when people decide they have to "work on their relationships" instead of just living.

RockTheTassel
11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
My list of cancelations re: same that I loved: ...(almost) Make It or Break It...

Never fear! We get a least one more season of Make It or Break It. :D

I love Parks and Recreation too. The first and current season have been a little dull, but the second and third were brilliant. It's quirky, funny, and silly without (usually) being over the top. It breaks my heart to see reality shows get renewed for season after season while something awesome like this is slowly sinking in ratings. :(

reese
11-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Best comedy on tv. I loved seasons 2 and 3, but this season is the best yet. Just fantastic.

Bonita
11-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I like all my shows on Facebook. I hope it counts. I know the Make It or Break It fans were very vocal with their displeasure on Facebook, and I was one of them!

Fridge_Break
12-02-2011, 02:10 AM
I just watched the new episode and oh my god I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Fridge_Break
02-03-2012, 04:49 PM
After last night's episode I felt the need to bump this thread. It was so. good. Leslie sending Ben out on a rampant scavenger hunt across Pawnee, discovering Ron's love for riddles (to the point where he's all giddy over it), and April actually caring about Ann? Ahhhh, this episode was great! Any way I can spread the word and get more people to watch this show, I'll do it!!

Nell411
02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I loved last nights episode. The ending where Ron is doing everything he can to get Leslie to let him do riddles on his birthday was so awesome!