11-11-2011, 12:38 AM
You need space.

:D

Rafter
11-11-2011, 02:04 AM
What in the hell is a "life group"?

Anita18
11-11-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't think you're being silly, and even if I did, so what? It's your call who you want in your life. If you've tried to talk things over with her (and it sounds like you did) and she's not receptive, I don't really see why breaking things off is a bad thing.
I agree. You don't need negative people in your life.

Who's saying this is silly? I think this is perfectly rational.

barbk
11-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Andrushka -- What your former friend did sounds an awfully lot like what one of my family members did when she was in a bad place with respect to her mental illness. At other times she could be quite sweet and loving, and then wham - you'd get a letter in the mail, or she'd write something in her blog or on facebook that would just be awful. I just had to keep telling myself that it was the disease talking.

Just something you might consider as a possible explanation ...

Grannyfan
11-11-2011, 04:41 AM

It's the latest name for a Sunday School class or Bible study group. Sometimes they meet in homes and on days other than Sunday.

Regarding the poster's original question, it's been my observation that people who are easily offended will eventually leave whatever church they're in and attend another one until they get offended there. They're rarely interested in forgiveness--seeking or giving--and don't care anything about mending relationships because they seem always to see themselves as the wronged, never in the wrong. Maybe she'll move on to her next church soon.

Andrushka
11-11-2011, 07:12 PM

I agree. You don't need negative people in your life.

Who's saying this is silly? I think this is perfectly rational.

One of our mutual friends,I think she just feels stuck in the middle.I already told her that if she wants to sit with the other girl in church so she's not sitting by herself,it's fine with me,she and I can hang out after church.

It's the latest name for a Sunday School class or Bible study group. Sometimes they meet in homes and on days other than Sunday.

Regarding the poster's original question, it's been my observation that people who are easily offended will eventually leave whatever church they're in and attend another one until they get offended there. They're rarely interested in forgiveness--seeking or giving--and don't care anything about mending relationships because they seem always to see themselves as the wronged, never in the wrong. Maybe she'll move on to her next church soon.

Our life group aka Sunday School class actually meets at church.I think it's just a phrase that sounds more grown up than Sunday School lol

I imagine she'll bounce around from class to class.All in all,she's been to atleast 3 thus far.One thing that made her angry,the class clown made some smart remark when she said something with a big word and he said "Can you say that in English please?",she took offense to it. As I mentioned in the first post.Nothing happened that was truly offensive.

PDilemma
11-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Our life group aka Sunday School class actually meets at church.I think it's just a phrase that sounds more grown up than Sunday School lol

I imagine she'll bounce around from class to class.All in all,she's been to atleast 3 thus far.One thing that made her angry,the class clown made some smart remark when she said something with a big word and he said "Can you say that in English please?",she took offense to it. As I mentioned in the first post.Nothing happened that was truly offensive.

There's a class clown mocking people's vocabulary at church? Seems the name change isn't really making things grown up.

And, I don't understand, you can't sit in the same pew at church with someone because she posted something you didn't like on Facebook? Because that seems like the extent of the relationship from what you posted here. There is more, yes? Or your church requires a level of interaction within the pew that I have never experienced???

Anita18
11-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Andrushka -- What your former friend did sounds an awfully lot like what one of my family members did when she was in a bad place with respect to her mental illness. At other times she could be quite sweet and loving, and then wham - you'd get a letter in the mail, or she'd write something in her blog or on facebook that would just be awful. I just had to keep telling myself that it was the disease talking.

Just something you might consider as a possible explanation ...
And some people are really just that mean when the doors are closed. Mental illness should only be an excuse if you know that the person in question actually has a mental illness.

One of our mutual friends,I think she just feels stuck in the middle.I already told her that if she wants to sit with the other girl in church so she's not sitting by herself,it's fine with me,she and I can hang out after church.
That's a good attitude, but also one that's very high school. :lol: I thought adults weren't supposed to hold grudges like that? (I guess not...:lol: )

I imagine she'll bounce around from class to class.All in all,she's been to atleast 3 thus far.One thing that made her angry,the class clown made some smart remark when she said something with a big word and he said "Can you say that in English please?",she took offense to it. As I mentioned in the first post. Nothing happened that was truly offensive.
I dunno, being made fun of like that would have offended me. Partially because I prize my intelligence and partially because I'm not Caucasian. :shuffle:

But lashing out over Facebook was the immature response too. :P

Andrushka
11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
And some people are really just that mean when the doors are closed. Mental illness should only be an excuse if you know that the person in question actually has a mental illness.

That's a good attitude, but also one that's very high school. :lol: I thought adults weren't supposed to hold grudges like that? (I guess not...:lol: )

I dunno, being made fun of like that would have offended me. Partially because I prize my intelligence and partially because I'm not Caucasian. :shuffle:

But lashing out over Facebook was the immature response too. :P

She does tend to hold grudges,I don't. I didn't see it as making fun.He wasn't being ugly by it.I'm not entirely Caucasian myself. My response to her when she mentioned it was that he just showed his lack of intelligence.Everyone else understood.

There's a class clown mocking people's vocabulary at church? Seems the name change isn't really making things grown up.

And, I don't understand, you can't sit in the same pew at church with someone because she posted something you didn't like on Facebook? Because that seems like the extent of the relationship from what you posted here. There is more, yes? Or your church requires a level of interaction within the pew that I have never experienced???

There are "class clowns" everywhere in life.Someone is always going be immature,it's life.

W are not required to sit in any one particular place,you sit where you want.And I don't want to sit with her,anylonger.Her disagreeable behaviour extends beyond just facebook and she has a tendency to follow me around at church.I don't want to be associated with someone who is insulting people who haven't done anything.Especially when I am attempting to make friends.

Andrushka
11-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Just a quick update,saw her Saturday and Sunday and things went well.She didn't get an attitude she just went her way and I went mine.So it appears*knock on wood* that it has turned out ok. Thankyou all for your opinions on this,sometimes an opinion from an outside source is necessary.:)