PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Abbott's programs this season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

dinakt
11-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Congratulations to Jeremy for his successful skate so far :). I am really glad for him. I read and opinion somewhere that Brezina deserved higher component marks than Abbott. I can't agree with that at all. Brezina's SP and it's choreography is good, but he's not a performer and interpreter like Abbott, and I think that his ss are also not quite on par with Jeremy's.

I truly hope that Abbott can keep this up in his FS. True, it will be difficult to do because of Hanya's superior technical content (and, of course, Brezina and even Fernandez are still contenders), but not impossible if he skates clean. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jeremy.

As long as Jeremy keeps it together enough to be in top 4 and thus make the GPF, I'll be over the moon!
That was a GREAT SP from him in Moscow. Finally after so many years the internationals judges give him PCS he deserves (and deserved for so long). May it continue!

~tapdancer~
11-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Loved his SP!! And I can't wait to see his beautiful FS again. Even flawed as it was in CoC, it was gorgeous. Love his confidence this year.

DickButtonFan
11-26-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm so happy for him, can't wait for the long tomorrow, it's one of my fav programs this season.

judgejudy27
11-26-2011, 05:04 AM
As long as Jeremy keeps it together enough to be in top 4 and thus make the GPF, I'll be over the moon!
That was a GREAT SP from him in Moscow. Finally after so many years the internationals judges give him PCS he deserves (and deserved for so long). May it continue!

He often doesnt get the scores from the judges since he has let them down in the past. He was undermarked for over a year after the Olympic disaester. I think even the judges were pissed at him for that one (which followed his equal disaester at the 2009 Worlds) and were ready to force him into retirement. Now he is finally getting some of their respect and trust back, and if he continues to skate with reasonable consistency it will continue.

shine
11-26-2011, 05:40 AM
He often doesnt get the scores from the judges since he has let them down in the past.
I only wish this applied to all skaters.

museksk8r
11-26-2011, 07:41 AM
I only wish this applied to all skaters.

Yes, absolutely. :drama:

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 08:32 AM
^^ So right! ITA!!!

Go Jeremy! Feel the music ...

jlai
11-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Okay, now that GP is over, I'd like to say that Jeremy needs to rework its jump layout. All the combos are in the second half and when the first jump is messed up there's no room for him to tack on another triple toe anywhere. He's better off doing more combo in first half so when they don't happen you can try adding the combo again later.

He needs the 3A-3t in the first half, at the very least. Sure, PCS is higher but at the expense of his TES. I haven't seen a single 3-3 combo in his free skate yet, and that's NOT GOOD.

pani
11-26-2011, 03:14 PM
WOW - what a LP! His SP is really great too, but this LP - i can watch it maybe all day long.
Wish Jeremy show clean skating at Nationals - he need to skate it at WCh for sure.

DickButtonFan
11-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Uhh, my heart just sunk when I saw his hand all bloody. Hope it's alight :eek:. Such a beautiful program tho even with the mistakes, so excited he'll be in the gpf.

~tapdancer~
11-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Okay, now that GP is over, I'd like to say that Jeremy needs to rework its jump layout. All the combos are in the second half and when the first jump is messed up there's no room for him to tack on another triple toe anywhere. He's better off doing more combo in first half so when they don't happen you can try adding the combo again later.

He needs the 3A-3t in the first half, at the very least. Sure, PCS is higher but at the expense of his TES. I haven't seen a single 3-3 combo in his free skate yet, and that's NOT GOOD.
Agree. Hopefully Yuka and Jason and Jeremy can rework his FS some for the rest of the season. This amazing program deserves to blow the roof off at competitions and I hope Jeremy can really get it under his skates.

BittyBug
11-26-2011, 03:16 PM
He needs the 3A-3t in the first half, at the very least. Sure, PCS is higher but at the expense of his TES. I haven't seen a single 3-3 combo in his free skate yet, and that's NOT GOOD.Since IJS doesn't award any bonus for combos based on the difficulty of the first jump, he doesn't need a 3A/3T - he just needs a triple triple of any kind. Better to tack the 3T onto the back end of a more reliable jump for him.

Sylvia
11-26-2011, 03:38 PM
In case anyone missed it, there's a new interview with Jeremy posted in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81314

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 04:15 PM
The program was definitely there for Jeremy, and he could have won. Good to see that he scored higher than anyone else in everything except technical. I wonder how he hurt his hand (maybe on the quad fall?). I thought the "bloodbath" was supposed to occur at Nationals. ;)

I hope Yuka and Jason are able to work with Jeremy on what he needs to do with jump layout and de-stressing to skate this program to perfection. It is an unfinished masterpiece.

Sending lots of support and encouragement Jeremy's way! :saint:

skatesindreams
11-26-2011, 04:21 PM
^^^
These are my wishes for him as well, aftershocks.