PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Abbott's programs this season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

pinky166
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
^\
Reading his Wiki entry, I was surprised to see it stated that Jeremy is 6 ft. tall. Is that true? It seems to me that he can't be more than 5 ft. 10 in. tall -- and maybe 6 ft with skates on then?

Jeremy is definitely not 6'. Ice network lists him as 5'10" and his ISU bio at 176 cm (5'9.5"), he looks tall because most of his height is in his legs. But at nationals last season you can see he's visibly shorter than Ryan Bradley who is 5'11"-6'. Jeremy looks tall like Kevin Reynolds (who is the same height) looks tall, it's just an illusion, he is an average, good height for skating.

I really hope he goes for the 4-3 in the SP at Worlds!!

aftershocks
01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
No, he's definitely not 6 ft tall. 5-8, 5-9 maybe?

The goofy exterior ain't camouflage. He's goofy AND artistic.

Ha ha, I s'pose that's more accurate. :) Seems to me Jeremy's never been all that goofy on the ice, just when he gets off in the kiss 'n cry, with all those funny faces. :lol: Plus his love for tweeting, and his sense of humor. Having a sense of humor is really necessary in life. Down deep (at least how he expresses himself on the ice) Jeremy seems to be quite sensitive and artistic -- definitely musical. I've heard other skaters describe Jeremy as having a somewhat "quiet" personality, but that doesn't seem to jibe with his goofiness. Of course its possible for him to be sensitive, quiet, and goofy at different times, depending upon the situation. :P

Jeremy is 176cm, or 5'9" :)...

Yes, that sounds more like it. I suppose skaters' heights are often exaggerated, plus Wiki, while convenient, is not considered a definitive reference. And, so with skates on, Jeremy's height probably does reach closer to 6 ft (maybe 5' 11").

BTW, does anyone know about early skating clips for Jeremy? Maybe I should ask on his twitter if he could upload on one of his online sites. Or perhaps there are some early vids/ photos on his official site.

skatesindreams
01-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Maybe I should ask on his twitter if he could upload on one of his online sites. Or perhaps there are some early vids/ photos on his official site.

That's a wonderful idea!
I wonder how much footage exists; as he was a "late bloomer".