PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Abbott's programs this season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

museksk8r
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the DSC link. (Is Jere's first jumping pass a 4/3? Just a bit difficult to see with the obstruction in the camera view).

Yes, it was terrific! He is really upping the technical ante with executing a clean 4toe+3toe, 3Axel, and 3Lutz. I'd love to see him be able to perform that at Worlds at the end of March! :D

Triple Butz
01-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Yes, it was terrific! He is really upping the technical ante with executing a clean 4toe+3toe, 3Axel, and 3Lutz. I'd love to see him be able to perform that at Worlds at the end of March! :D

Ditto...and if he can skate that gorgeous LP clean, I think there's a shot at the top spot of the podium...*fingers crossed*

Allskate
01-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Mysticchic just gave this link in the Detroit revue thread.
http://youtu.be/JAYqTNeW9OY
I am happy and a bit stunned. It looks amazing. Pleeeeease Jeremy skate like that at Nationals and Worlds.

:eek: Thanks for the link. On tv, his entrances into the quad always look so slow, but I guess tv and video can be deceiving.

I really, really hope he has a great Nationals and a great Worlds.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-16-2012, 04:45 AM
I hope he has a great Nationals and an incredible, skate for the ages type of Worlds.

Jenna
01-16-2012, 05:10 AM
What a fantastic skate that was. 90+ at Nationals, easily. Please, please, please skate like that in San Jose AND in Nice!!!!!

Marco
01-16-2012, 06:43 AM
:eek: Thanks for the link. On tv, his entrances into the quad always look so slow, but I guess tv and video can be deceiving.

And everything looked so EASY. There was some set up time for the quad combo, but it was not execessive, unlike Rippon's set up for the 3axel for example.

One thing I wish he would fix is the flying spin. It was slow and travelled horribly. Perhaps a arabian camel into FI into some sort of catchfoot would be better (level 3).

Triple Butz
01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
And everything looked so EASY. There was some set up time for the quad combo, but it was not execessive, unlike Rippon's set up for the 3axel for example.

One thing I wish he would fix is the flying spin. It was slow and travelled horribly. Perhaps a arabian camel into FI into some sort of catchfoot would be better (level 3).

I agree, the flying upright spin has never really been good for him. Was really hoping he'd replace it this season. But, it's such a small thing to nitpick when you have programs like his!

Sylvia
01-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Here's a summary/transcript of Abbott's pre-Nationals media teleconference from last week (Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012) during which he discusses his programs, among other things: http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/features/Abbott%2012Jun2012.htm

Marco
01-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Interesting that he said he will only go for the quad at the free skate at Nationals, yet he did one in combination in his short program performance in a show a week before Nationals. :P

Jenna
01-17-2012, 03:36 AM
That's an exhibition on his home ice with no pressure...a little bit different than the situation he will face next week! ;)

olympic
01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
^ He may feel that he doesn't really need one for Nats in the SP. His scores for a 3-3, 3x, 3z are in the 80s on an international level and pretty clear of the rest of the US men. Besides, he may be afraid of injury or something.

I think we might see the 4-3 at Worlds. He'll really need it, then.

Ares
01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Before this season, I never really got the hype around Jeremy Abbott. Now, with both programs this year, I do.

aftershocks
01-22-2012, 11:21 AM
^^ Jeremy's programs this year are quite amazing, and I hope he lays them both down in sublime fashion at Nationals and Worlds!

I felt something wonderful about Jeremy from when I first saw him at Nationals in 2007. He came in 4th that year, which was "the highest placement for a first-timer in the senior men's event at Nationals in twenty years." (Wikipedia) I felt then that Jeremy's talent would take him far if he could master consistency on his jumps. In the 2008 - 2009 season, Jeremy did just that winning GP Final and his first National title.

Reading his Wiki entry, I was surprised to see it stated that Jeremy is 6 ft. tall. Is that true? It seems to me that he can't be more than 5 ft. 10 in. tall -- and maybe 6 ft with skates on then? Also, I had heard before that Jeremy started out as an ice dancer, but I didn't realize he had also skated pairs. Are there any video clips available of Jeremy skating pairs with former partner, Brittany Vise, or skating with either of his former ice dance partners?

It's great you can now see the marvelous qualities that Jeremy possesses, Ares. And it may be that his adversity at last year's Nats in a way helped lead him to being in the position and frame of mind to create these programs. Jeremy has said already that not being on the World team gave him a head start developing these great programs (especially after the tragedy in Japan and the subsequent delay to the start of Worlds).

Jeremy is very musical. He has the soul of an artist, somewhat camouflaged by a goofy exterior. ;)

LilJen
01-22-2012, 04:07 PM
No, he's definitely not 6 ft tall. 5-8, 5-9 maybe?

The goofy exterior ain't camouflage. He's goofy AND artistic.

Cyn
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Jeremy is 176cm, or 5'9" :)

I'm glad to see that he's working to integrate the 4/3 into his SP for 4CCs and Worlds :respec:. As for including it at Nationals, I can understand why he's opting to do the 3F3T instead. Sticking to the jump layout that scored well on the GP is smart skating, especially when there are only two spots for Worlds; in this case, it's wise to not risk falling behind in the SP and having to play catch-up in the FS.

I'm just hoping against hope that Jeremy will skate his LP cleanly and to perfection (here at Nationals and beyond) - it's too beautiful of a program to not see it skated to it's potential.