PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Abbott's programs this season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Sylvia
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
But on replay, he actually stepped forward and then stepped backwards, sort of doing a little waltz jump in the process, so even though it was technically a jump, since it was half a revolution, I'm guessing it counted as a connecting step and not a jump, and hence there wasn't a combination.
Yes, lucky for him that he had that little step before the hop!

In his FS Abbott landed his first clean 4T since his 2010 US Nationals free skate. Excerpt from the Icenetwork Men's FS article:

Although the Abbott had the finest outing yet of his free skate, including the opening quad toe, falls on his second triple Axel and an under-rotated triple Lutz dropped him to fifth overall with 238.82 points.

"It was the season's best by far," Abbott said. "Tying my skates, I could hear how the other boys did. I knew I had to throw it down to really keep my position or keep a medal.

"I started off the program really strong. I got a little off focus before the second Axel and then going into the second Lutz, which is a new addition, my legs got tired and I gave it too much. I haven't quite had the practice with it.

"I felt like I gave a strong performance. I had two mistakes, but I felt for the most part that I was focused through the majority of the program."
Abbott set a new season best and personal best ISU total score of 238.82 at the GP Final, placing 5th.
Previous Season's Best: 229.08 (COR 2011)
Previous Personal Best: 237.72 (GPF 2008 which he won)

Cheylana
12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Hopefully he will peak at Nats and Worlds.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 10:58 PM
my favourite LP of all the men this season--he gives me chills and moves me to tears each time I see it. I cannot wait to see it skated to its potential--watch out, world!

museksk8r
12-13-2011, 02:23 AM
If I could skate like any skater currently competing, I'd want to skate just like Jeremy. :swoon::encore:

Sylvia
01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Lynn Rutherford tweeted today:

On his teleconf. JAbbott says quad toe "definitely" in his free at U.S. Champs. Working on adding it to short, maybe in time for 4Continents

Marco
01-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks Sylvia. He always has a spot for the quad at Nationals anyways. It's just that he doesn't always land it. From the tone of the tweet, it sounds like the quad is coming along nicely.

skatesindreams
01-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Sylvia, I'm delighted to hear the news.
I only wish that O were able to be in San Jose to watch him!

Cheylana
01-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Go Jeremy, go kick butt and take names!!! :cheer2:

DinDonShamu
01-13-2012, 06:51 PM
:cheer2: Looking forward to see him in San Jose.

jlai
01-14-2012, 12:55 AM
I hope he doesn't upgrade jump content right before worlds (if he goes). It always takes him time to adjust to program changes so if he's going to do it, 4cc is the competition to do it. If not, then forget upgrade. JMHO

olympic
01-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Lynn Rutherford tweeted today:

Ambition. I love it!

aftershocks
01-15-2012, 02:09 AM
May pigs fly high, Jeremy!!!

Looking forward to seeing you having fun in your swingin' sp, and "feeling your music, seeing" your beautiful Muse Redemption fp. You da Man, Jereamazin!

May "a perfect calm reign" in your mind, and don't be surprised by high scores ever! You deserve them.

dinakt
01-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Mysticchic just gave this link in the Detroit revue thread.
http://youtu.be/JAYqTNeW9OY
I am happy and a bit stunned. It looks amazing. Pleeeeease Jeremy skate like that at Nationals and Worlds.

aftershocks
01-15-2012, 06:36 AM
^^Jeremy has skated his short really well all season long. It was particularly strong at Cup of Russia, and very good at GP Finals when he landed in second after having to save points by getting his combo jump in later than originally planned.

In interviews, Jeremy has said that the sp was the hardest to put together b/c of the swing theme's different movement style from skating. He's always looked like he's having a blast skating to it though. Jere has said that his fp came together very naturally -- although it seems more difficult to compete. I wonder if he has reworked the jumps or jump layout for his fp? I hope its trained now to the point of greater consistency. Muse Redemption is so wonderful -- it deserves to be skated in majestic fashion, like the masterpiece it clearly is.

Thanks for the DSC link. (Is Jere's first jumping pass a 4/3? Just a bit difficult to see with the obstruction in the camera view).

olympic
01-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Mysticchic just gave this link in the Detroit revue thread.
http://youtu.be/JAYqTNeW9OY
I am happy and a bit stunned. It looks amazing. Pleeeeease Jeremy skate like that at Nationals and Worlds.

WOW :eek: 4-3 integrated cleanly into the SP! If he skates like that in the coming competitions. Watch out!