PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Abbott's programs this season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

centerpt1
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
He medaled at all his international events last season, and both so far this season. (He's done the best of all the US men on the GP for the last 2 seasons)

He's medaled twice at 4CC.

He hasn't yet medaled at Worlds, but has been in the top 5.

smarts1
12-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Here's an interview with Jeremy while he was in Paris the week before Rostelecom Cup: http://www.artonice.it/?q=en%2Fnode%2F10962

Wait what does this mean?

"No, I can't actually do a spread eagle, so I would never try it on the ice!!"

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen him do an outside edge spread eagle... Hmmm... Is that normal for skaters?

Sylvia
12-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen him do an outside edge spread eagle... Hmmm... Is that normal for skaters?
Yes, it's normal for skaters without natural hip turnout. ;)

I'd like to see Abbott turn that around, but to make the World team he's going to have to place on the podium just like everyone else.
I agree.

US Figure Skating is nothing if not consistent in that regard.
I assume that Abbott was referring to how close his 4th place total score was to the 3rd place score at 2011 Nationals. I believe many of the skaters prefer Nationals results to be the determining factor for Worlds selection because of the level playing (judging) field and that's fair... as long as the judging is perceived to be fair by the skaters, that is. ;)

smarts1
12-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes, it's normal for skaters without natural hip turnout. ;)

I assume that Abbott was referring to how close his 4th place total score was to the 3rd place score. I believe many of the skaters prefer Nationals results to be the determining factor for Worlds selection because of the level playing (judging) field and that's fair... as long as the judging is perceived to be fair by the skaters, that is. ;)

I don't know. I remember Nancy saying that it had more to do with extending the ankles than opening up the hips... Hmm, are there any females who can't do one?

briancoogaert
12-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't know. I remember Nancy saying that it had more to do with extending the ankles than opening up the hips... Hmm, are there any females who can't do one?
The ankles and you will have your butt outside ! Not very nice.
If you want a perfect outside spread eagle, you have to open your hips.
And that's why I'll never be able to do this ! ;)

Marco
12-05-2011, 04:33 AM
The ankles and you will have your butt outside ! Not very nice.
If you want a perfect outside spread eagle, you have to open your hips.
And that's why I'll never be able to do this ! ;)

Reminds me of Witt's spread eagle. But then again it was a perfect fit in Carmen. :swoon:

I don't remember Slutskaya or Butyrskaya ever doing a spread eagle or ina bauer.

maureenfarone
12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I love Jeremy's programs this year. He seems so comfortable and confident. Last season I liked the programs, but he always seemed uncomfortable and edgy to me.

Good luck at Nationals.

Vash01
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Abbott's international track record [/B]has been rather dismal]

He medaled at all his international events last season, and both so far this season. (He's done the best of all the US men on the GP for the last 2 seasons)

He's medaled twice at 4CC.

He hasn't yet medaled at Worlds, but has been in the top 5.

An addition, he has won a GPF in the past.

That sounds like a pretty good 'International' track record to me. Only his world/Olympics record has been dismal. I think that will change this year (2012)

smarts1
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
He medalled his second time at 4CC after he wasn't assigned to the world team. Besides that, his FS at Nationals was a mess jumps wise and Jeremy was having some major problems with consistency the whole season.

museksk8r
12-05-2011, 09:07 PM
^ He was also having major equipment problems last season, which has been well documented.

Sylvia
12-10-2011, 04:02 AM
Hmmm, I thought this was the Uber thread? ;)

Universal Sports video of Abbott's GPF SP (viewable in USA only): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyTL50LpH4
(Nice recovery after not being able to do the opening 3F+3T combo, tacking the 3T onto the planned solo 3Lz!)

DinDonShamu
12-10-2011, 04:05 AM
Hmmm, I thought this was the Uber thread? ;)

Universal Sports video of Abbott's GPF SP (viewable in USA only): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyTL50LpH4

It was? :o

I apologize ... Admin please merge them :o

Sylvia
12-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Here's the British Eurosport version of his GPF SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_tbhLvieN0

Sylvia
12-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Abbott after his GPF SP performance - wordy fellow ;):

(on short program) ďThat program was a lot of work. I stepped out of the first jump and then didnít have the combo. I wasnít sure if they would count the step out as an extra jump. The whole program, I was like ĎDo I do the triple Lutz-triple toe, do I do the plain triple Lutz?í Going into the triple Axel I was thinking this, going into the spin, Iím thinking this. Finally, Iím like, ĎI have to make up my mind.í So I decided to do the Lutz-toe, if they drop it, they drop it but Iím sticking to the plan that I make regardless of the consequence. In the end, it was for the better because if I had no combo, I would be five points less. I worked it after the Lutz-toe. I had a little fun. I think I was thinking so much through the whole program I forgot to change edge on the camel spin because at that point I was so tired of thinking that I just went. I totally missed the edge but still level three so itís OK. I had fun and Iím happy to move on to tomorrow.Ē

BittyBug
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I wasn’t sure if they would count the step out as an extra jump.Viewing it live, I was wondering the same thing because in the quickness of real-time, the step out made the impression of "single toe loop" on my brain. But on replay, he actually stepped forward and then stepped backwards, sort of doing a little waltz jump in the process, so even though it was technically a jump, since it was half a revolution, I'm guessing it counted as a connecting step and not a jump, and hence there wasn't a combination.