Evgeniy Pluschenko
Daisuke Takahashi
Kurt Browning
Brian Boitano
Emmanuel Snadhu
Jeffrey Buttle

NONKO
11-10-2011, 07:02 PM
IF you ask me, Alexei Yagudin is much more brilliant than any others;)

By the way, here is the article “Pj's all-time top 10: Men”.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2011/11/pjs-all-time-top-10-men.html

briancoogaert
11-10-2011, 08:03 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2011/11/pjs-all-time-top-10-men.html
Well, I agree with her ! They are not all in my top 10, but I understand those choices.

Zokko!
11-10-2011, 10:19 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2011/11/pjs-all-time-top-10-men.html Not relevant to me! :blah: Quite NA-biased! :mad:

aaron
11-11-2011, 03:53 AM
My favs:cool:

John Curry
Toller Cranston
Alexei Yagudin
Kurt Browning
Brian Boitano
Evgeny Plushenko
Ilia Kulik
Stephane Lambiel
Jeffrey Buttle
Patrick Chan

PetraP
11-16-2011, 07:05 PM

I agree !!!!! No one of the other skater named her comes even close to Alexei !!!

mia joy
11-16-2011, 07:46 PM

OF COURSE there had to be Chan on the list :rolleyes:

Seriously, having Yagudin in 7th, behind guys like STOJKO, shows how objective she is. Plain riddiculous, if you ask me. Yagudin is the best skater in the history, period. A perfect combination of masculine power, solid jumps, well expressed artistry and unusual charisma.

lauravvv
11-19-2011, 06:27 PM
He is definitely already a better skater than any of the Joubert, Lambiel, Lysacek, class are though, and a better competitor (despite the numerous falls at times) than Takahashi ever was.Do you really think that they are all of the same class :eek:? And how do you determine that? I think all of them are very different skaters.

Of course, there is little individuality and artistry in Lysacek's skating "style", he has no special charisma, and his skating skills probably have been evaluated higher than they really are at some occasions. Still, his ss are not as bad as many people make them out to be. And his hard working attitude can only be respected.

Joubert is another story. If I remember correctly, he has never gotten further than level 2 step sequences, and his skating skills only look fine when he is doing his (simple) thing, but probably would look much worse if he tried something more complicated. And, of course, complicated choreography and subtle musicality is something unreachable to him. I won't even mention other things. But at least he has his own kind of charisma and an unmistakable style. I can see more personality in some of his programs/performances than I have ever seen in Lysacek's or even Chan's. I also respect him for trying to step out of the box (his style) in some of his exhibition programs (albeit often unsuccessfully).

But Lambiel is in a class of his own. His skating skills may not be on the par with Chan's, mostly in the sense that he has never been very fast, but they are definitely above average. Of course, Chan's jumps are generally better than Lambiel's, but Chan will never be quite as good at spins as Lambiel at his best. However, artistically Lambiel is a class above Chan. Chan has a long way to go to Lambiel's musicality, mastery of expression and sensitive attention to nuances. In order to reach that level he must first understand that figure skating is also art and a way of self-expression, and learn the importance of music in every program (all things that Lambiel knows so well, and has emphasized for many times). And it's very likely that he will never catch up, because Lambiel will definitely continue to grow as an artist as he has done both before and after leaving competitive skating. Therefore, all put together, they are of the same "class", if you really feel the need to classify skaters. As for Takahashi, many of those things can be said about him as well. His ss are very close to Chan's, but his expressiveness and presentation skills are above Chan's.

See, you got what you asked for with your statement :D.