PDA

View Full Version : New TV Shows: Your Favorite Five

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

smurfy
11-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Not the same scripts -- same storylines, but then substantially altered to reflect the English criminal justice system, as well as social and technological realities of the 21st century (since a lot of the storylines they used were from the very earliest seasons of the original series).

I absolutely love L&O-UK. In particular I love the relationship between the two DIs -- obviously modelled after Briscoe & Logan, but Walsh and Bamber (and of course the writers) give the characters their own spin. In the most recent season, there's a new chief prosecutor, and I'm not really warming to him, but I love having Peter Davison as the new head of the CPS, and Freema Agyeman's character has really grown. (Plus having 2 former Doctor Who actors is fun!)

Check my wording if you are being picky - 'using .." if you read the credits, they are referenced, therefore using, which can be interpreted different way. Jamie Bamber is gone, miss him.

mpal2
11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Revenge :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Once Upon a Time
Ringer

Although I'm getting over Ringer. The station is broadcasting the picture size wrong so it's always overly large and scrunched up on my screen. I've emailed them and they haven't bothered to fix it yet and it's really, really, really annoying. :mad: It has to be them because I'm not having that issue with any other show. I'm also a little annoyed that Sarah Michelle Gellar is still too Buffy-like in her acting.

Marlowe
11-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Once Upon A Time
Revenge
New Girl

Matryeshka
11-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Revenge and Pan Am are the only two that caught on with me. I think I might watch Ringer during the summer.

Cachoo
11-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Check my wording if you are being picky - 'using .." if you read the credits, they are referenced, therefore using, which can be interpreted different way. Jamie Bamber is gone, miss him.

Yeah but I like to watch Walsh. He doesn't say a lot but conveys emotion born of lots of experience on the job. Good acting.

Evilynn
11-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm amazed I'm watching 5 of the new shows at all! Ringer, Revenge, Once upon a Time, Grimm and American Horror Story.

I can't really see how the plots of Ringer, Revenge and OUAT could be dragged out over multiple seasons, but for now Ringer and Revenge are the ones I don't want to miss. I'm not entirely sold on OUAT and Grimm yet, but I'll probably watch the first season of both to see if it goes anywhere. I'm also convinced at least one of the five will be cancelled. ;)