11-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Revenge
Homeland
Pan Am (except I'm losing interest)

My other favs aren't new
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy
Modern Family
The Middle (has been really good this season)
Hawaii Five-O (they're still hot)

I've watched one Grim and will probably watch again if I remember. I watched half of Once Upon a Time and was bored.

skatesindreams
11-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Pan-Am (by far!)
Continuing for me as well, Hawaii Five-0.
Most of my other TV faves are on cable, rather than network TV.

genevieve
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I must say, this has been a really strong year for new shows.

I was thinking this was a weak year for new shows, but I did manage to find 5 shows that I watch, and other than Survivor and TAR, the only other show besides these 5 that I make sure to watch each week is The Good Wife, so perhaps it's just that there's not much good on tv at all :lol:

I would watch Homeland and American Horror Story if I had cable, though.

galaxygirl
11-10-2011, 12:14 AM
I was thinking this was a weak year for new shows, but I did manage to find 5 shows that I watch, and other than Survivor and TAR, the only other show besides these 5 that I make sure to watch each week is The Good Wife, so perhaps it's just that there's not much good on tv at all :lol:

I would watch Homeland and American Horror Story if I had cable, though.

American Horror Story is available on Hulu.com.

figurefan
11-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Only two new ones I tried are Ringer and Person of Interest and I'm still enjoying both of them.

I love how Michael Emerson just totally pulled me into his Person of Interest character...I don't even think of him as Benjamin from Lost anymore. Emerson and Caviezel have some great chemistry going on when playing their roles. Great Show! Kind of like an updated version of the old 80s show Equalizer (if anyone remembers that one).

Ringer is just fun...far fetched but who cares...it is entertaining and that is the only reason I watch TV.

I also think Mike Colter (Malcolm on Ringer) and Jim Caviezel are two of the hottest guys on TV right now.

Artemis@BC
11-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Ringer is just fun...far fetched but who cares...it is entertaining and that is the only reason I watch TV.

You mean ... you don't rely on TV for education, enlightenment, and spiritual growth?!? I'm shocked to the core!

figurefan
11-10-2011, 12:41 AM
You mean ... you don't rely on TV for education, enlightenment, and spiritual growth?!? I'm shocked to the core!

:lol: I do watch the National Geographic Channel every now and then...;)

museksk8r
11-10-2011, 12:47 AM
"A Gifted Man" and "New Girl" are the only new shows that I watch on a consistently regular basis. :)

Orable
11-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Ringer
Grimm
Once Upon a Time

I saw a few eps of New Girl and while it's funny, it's not Must See TV for me

I'm finishing the 1st (6 ep) season of The Walking Dead and will watch the 2nd season too
I want to watch Person of Interest, since I heard a lot of good things about it.

I don't really have that much time to watch tv as they air, but I'll make time on the weekends and slow nights to catch up on my shows :)

smurfy
11-10-2011, 01:47 AM
I had recorded and had a marathon of 'Person of Interst' this weekend and am hooked. I agree with others, Michael Emerson has made me forget Ben. He is just a great actor, and I love the relationship between him and Jim C. I find with a new show, watching a few episodes in one sitting really helps me get hooked, vs 1 everyweek or 2.
I also have been enjoying Prime Suspect. Typical in many ways, but I like Maria Bello, and there are lots of good actors on this show.
Without realizing it, other than Prime Suspect and Greys, I pretty much am only watching CBS right now (Amazing Race, The Good Wife, Hawaii 50, and Survivor)
One other show that I am loving that I found this summer - Law & Order UK - very good, always a fan of the original, but love the London setting, and they are using the same scripts.

lmarie086
11-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Once Upon A Time
Revenge
Pan Am

Only three so far. I keep meaning to check out New Girl, but I always forget. I lost interest in Terra Nova halfway through the second episode, but the series has an interesting premise, so maybe I'll try again. Add me to the list that really did like The Playboy Club. IMO it could've been advertised better, and didn't it have a weak time slot? Either way, :( that it got cut.

Cachoo
11-10-2011, 04:55 AM
The only one I've kept watching is Grimm - and it's only 2 episodes in! If I had Showtime, I'd be watching Homeland I'm sure. I adore Damien Lewis.

Well I have Showtime...love Lewis, Clair Danes and political drama but just can't get into this---yet. I'm going to give it some time and come back to it on Demand. I didn't put the BBC's America's "Dramaville" on the list because I believe they are simply putting well received British dramas on in a mini-series format: So far we've had "The Hour", "Luther" (second season) and "Whitechapel." All were wonderful and all would be at the top of this list if I didn't think of it like a Masterpiece/Mystery miniseries.

Nobody seems to enjoy "Enlightened" but there is something about Laura Dern's character's anger and her attempt to find peace that I recognize. Of course I've never pried elevator doors open (with mascara streaming down my face) yelling motherf***** at my boss who had screwed me in more ways than one. But something there resonated. Mike White is writing this series and I'm a fan so I'm sticking with it.

Buzz
11-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Terra Nova
Person Of Interest
Pan Am
2 Broke Girls
Grimm

Artemis@BC
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
One other show that I am loving that I found this summer - Law & Order UK - very good, always a fan of the original, but love the London setting, and they are using the same scripts.

Not the same scripts -- same storylines, but then substantially altered to reflect the English criminal justice system, as well as social and technological realities of the 21st century (since a lot of the storylines they used were from the very earliest seasons of the original series).

I absolutely love L&O-UK. In particular I love the relationship between the two DIs -- obviously modelled after Briscoe & Logan, but Walsh and Bamber (and of course the writers) give the characters their own spin. In the most recent season, there's a new chief prosecutor, and I'm not really warming to him, but I love having Peter Davison as the new head of the CPS, and Freema Agyeman's character has really grown. (Plus having 2 former Doctor Who actors is fun!)

professordeb
11-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Once Upon a Time
there have been a two others I've tried to watch but they haven't taken, like
Grimm
Ringer
Guess it doesn't help that I missed the first episode of each series :(
Alphas - for as long as it seemed to last.

And strangest of all is one show I've actually watched every week - Camelot. It has aired 9 episodes and #10 is the series final! Go figure, our tax dollars at work. Only in Canada, hey!?