PDA

View Full Version : This Is a Test; This Is Only a Test

Pages : 1 [2]

Lara
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
This is the first nationwide test, and as I understand it, I don't think it's going to say it's a test.

It did end up saying it was only a test (plus there were ticker/verbal warnings just beforehand).

Went on as scheduled on my NBC and two radio stations (local Philly and online from California) but from Twitter it doesn't sound like that was the case everywhere.

AliasJohnDoe
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
When we have evaculation drills at work,

Evaculation drills sound fun!!! :D

euterpe
11-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I had just arrived at the Motor Vehicle Bureau at 1:55 pm, so I missed the whole thing!

skatesindreams
11-09-2011, 09:38 PM
They didn't do the test on the station I was watching - a local commercial ran instead!

UMBS Go Blue
11-09-2011, 09:46 PM
But before I could turn round to head home to collect Mrs Reuven, they announced it was a weather warning. Since I had NEVER heard them use the system for a weather event, I think it was understandable this child of the Cold War was a little askeert at first. :lol:When I was a DJ for the college radio station (in addition to being a news anchor) my broadcasts would often get interrupted by automatic EBS/EAS alerts, which were mostly tests, but sometimes included NWS weather alerts (thunderstorms, frost, winter weather warning, etc).

When I lived in the Midwest a few years ago, there would also sometimes be EAS alerts for weather warnings (tornadoes) and, as a kid in New England, EBS would also come on if there was a hurricane warning (Gloria, Bob).

BigB08822
11-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Our local news said the test didn't go so well, lots of markets didn't carry it or carried it for too long. I was just thinking, what a perfect time to carry out a huge attack. No one would believe the warning since we heard about this days in advance. :eek: