PDA

View Full Version : Emanuel Sandhu's return to competition? (also Jeremy Ten's)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Sylvia
11-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Link to the BC/YT Sectionals 2012 Senior Men's SP start order: http://www.skatinginbc.com/sites/default/files/Super%20Series%20-%202012%20Skate%20Canada%20BC/YT%20Sectionals/results/sms_-_segstartorder.pdf

I put a question mark in the thread title for now.

Skatebuzz will stream this Sectional competition live this weekend (Senior Men compete Fri.-Sat. Nov. 11-12) -- link to the Canadian sectionals event info/discussion thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81009

Katta
11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
How old is Sandhu now? It would be wonderful to see a composed ES return.
Always loved his skating, but i have to admit that towards the end i stopped caring, because my nerves just couldn't take it....

Zemgirl
11-08-2011, 05:56 PM
How old is Sandhu now? It would be wonderful to see a composed ES return.
Always loved his skating, but i have to admit that towards the end i stopped caring, because my nerves just couldn't take it....
31 later this month. It'll be great if he can do it, but I can't imagine how tough it would be to come back at his age and after such a long break from competitive skating.

peibeck
11-08-2011, 05:59 PM
How many of these 5 entrants will qualify to move on to Canadian Nationals?

danafan
11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
How many of these 5 entrants will qualify to move on to Canadian Nationals?

This competition qualifies skater to the Eastern-Western Challenge. I think all five will advance because Nguyen and Firus were on the JGP and in past years skaters on the JGP received byes to the Challenge competition.

Up to 18 senior men qualify to nationals, so it's the top finishers from the challenge competition plus byes (with retirements I believe only Chan, Rogozine, Reynolds, and Balde have byes, so I think 14 will qualify at the Challenge).

caseyedwards
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Interesting. I'm guessing he has a lot of triples. Quad ability?

genevieve
11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I would love to see Eman at Canadian Nats again...but I'm also very excited for Jeremy Ten's return. he's had such a hard time of it in the last year.

DFJ
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Emanuel? Seriously? OMG...don't know if my nerves will hold out.

I still say that I'd rather watch him skate to his starting position at centre ice than watch most men skate their whole program. :)

Jenny
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
He hasn't competed at Canadians in years, and at his age Worlds or Sochi are a long shot.

At the same time, he might be doing this simply to stay sharp and keep up his skills. I saw a video of him performing in Shanghai a few months ago, and he looked good, so maybe he's interested in more show opportunities so wants to keep up his skills.

I'd be surprised if he's not still dancing as well - and certainly practice in one can benefit the other.

Perhaps he has designs on being the next male skater to pair with a female hockey player on BOTB??

Sylvia
11-08-2011, 06:40 PM
From Pj Kwong: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2011/11/sandhu-making-comeback.html

"It is true that Emanuel is entered and hopefully he will be competing," Ted Barton, the director of the event, told me. "He has been back on the ice and looks really good.

"Emanuel said he wanted to keep things quiet for as long as possible. He isn't doing this for publicity or press. People all skate for personal reasons. He told me he has unfinished business with skating."

peibeck
11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks, danafan. So how many skaters will be contesting those 14 slots at Eastern-Western Challenge?

PeterG
11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I would love to see Eman at Canadian Nats again...but I'm also very excited for Jeremy Ten's return. he's had such a hard time of it in the last year.

/\ /\ /\ THIS.

I still say that I'd rather watch him skate to his starting position at centre ice than watch most men skate their whole program. :)

:respec:

haribobo
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
He hasn't competed at Canadians in years, and at his age Worlds or Sochi are a long shot.

Against Rogozine and Reynolds? I'd say not-so-long shot. Of course, he'll need to land *some* triples. Four oughta do it. :rofl:

professordeb
11-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Soooo if Eman and Plushy & Evan all show up for Sochi, should we dub them the Old Farts? :D

Frau Muller
11-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Is it April Fool's Day?

I do have a soft spot for the E-Man. He has great artistry.