PDA

View Full Version : Please help me track my skatecasts

Pages : [1] 2

manleywoman
11-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Hi everyone. I'm trying to get a sense of how many people are listening to my skating podcasts. iTunes unfortunately doesn't track readership, and iTunes is where I'm assuming most people go to listen to them. I can track people who come through the site, but I'm just trying to get a general feel of where all of you are accessing the podcasts.

Please let me know, since I'm trying to make them better and get a larger readership. And certainly if you have other suggestions on how to make them better I'm all ears. I did have many people ask for transcriptions of the interviews, and those are being worked on now.

Thanks

jlai
11-08-2011, 05:51 AM
I think I got them through ITunes though I also directly accessed your Manleywoman site a few times.

inthemiddle
11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
I used to have RSS feed, but lately I just go to your website. I would love to be able to have them in print. :D

essence_of_soy
11-08-2011, 07:27 AM
I hate your voice and would never listen to it for more than 30 seconds

I can't believe you'd even put that as an option!!!!

skatesindreams
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I listen via your website.
For the record, you have a lovely voice!

Lutzcy
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I LOVE your podcasts. In the past I just listened directly from your website. However, I just got my first iPhone and am planning to download from iTunes.

FigureSpins
11-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I used to have it set up as an auto download from iTunes as a podcast, but now I listen to it through your website.

BigB08822
11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I was really tempted to vote for the last option. :rofl: ;)

Stormy
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Mine auto downloads when a new one is available through iTunes. :)

floskate
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I listen on the website but I also download my favourite ones from iTunes to put on my ipod. :)

LynnW
11-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I subscribe to your podcast on iTunes.

aftershocks
11-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi manleywoman. I used to listen via ITunes, but have since found it easier to access through your website. Thanks, and keep up the great work! Figure skating history (present, past, future) alive and well on www.manleywoman.com.

However, the ITunes option re downloading to an I-Pod, or set-up to download automatically from ITunes are handy features.

I was really tempted to vote for the last option. :rofl: ;)

:lol: Now, now BigB08822 ..., let's congratulate manleywoman for her initiative and courage, not to mention her passion for fs and fs history (+ sacrifices to find the time to do this work). Kudos to the interveiwees as well. :) Looking forward to you getting Michelle Kwan, Rohene Ward, Derrick Delmore, Rudy Galindo, and Scott Williams, manleywoman. :cool: Also, what about Linda Fratianne, Dick Button, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill, Denise Biellmann, Midori Ito, Caryn Kadavy, Jill Trenary, Ekaterina Gordeeva, David Wilson, and Shae-Lynn Bourne-Turok?

I learned so much about Jeremy Abbott (that made me understand him better and admire him all the more) in your conversation with his mother, Allison Scott (who herself has contributed a lot to skating as a volunteer).

inthemiddle's "In Print" request I hope happens at some point -- maybe a self-published book of some of the interviews, selected and grouped together based on a theme, as a start for volume I? ;)

manleywoman
11-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I would love to be able to have them in print. :D
I do have a generous fan transcribing highlights for me. She and I discussed that transcribing a whole interview would take forever for the very long ones. But at least some highlights are now available.

For the record, you have a lovely voice!

Aw, shucks. Thanks. :)

Looking forward to you getting:

Michelle Kwan = waiting just a bit longer on this one.
Rohene Ward = He's interested (and local!)
Dick Button = been trying to get him for YEARS. He's actually returned a call once. The man is so busy he's hard to nail down. But I'm working on it, and I have my questions ready for him

The others I don't have direct info for, but I have many others lined up. I'm interviewing Lucinda Ruh this weekend, and Randy Gardner contacted me about doing a special group one (stay tuned!).

manleywoman
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
inthemiddle's "In Print" request I hope happens at some point -- maybe a self-published book of some of the interviews, selected and grouped together based on a theme, as a start for volume I? ;)

Me too, but I need help with making that happen. For now I'm thrilled I have a fan helping with transcriptions!

aftershocks
11-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the update, manleywoman! The "group" one sounds intriguing. Will love hearing your conversation with Lucinda Ruh. I really enjoyed your recent interview with Yuka Sato -- wow! You are well-prepared with your questions too. Lots of great insights from Timothy Goebel's interview. A thought, at some point: Stephanie Rosenthal (re her fantastic showing at Nats in 2006), and perhaps Shepherd Clark, Matthew Savoie, and Todd Eldredge, and maybe some retired judges who used to be figure skaters? I know its based on who you can contact, and if they have the time.

Very happy with everyone in your distinguished archives. To have started out with a bang with Kurt Browning, what a coup!