PDA

View Full Version : hosting etiquette?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

danceronice
11-09-2011, 01:50 AM
I'd say then take him for a just-for-two dinner at the sushi place, and try for a casual party like you describe (rather than a bar per se, is there a brew pub kind of casual dining place? More likely to be willing to rent a space on a weekend?)

Japanfan
11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
How about having a smaller party at the sushi place he likes and inviting people who you are comfortable asking to pay for their own meal?

If you can't afford to pay for the whole deal I'm sure people will understand and won't mind paying for their own meal.

A bar party on Sunday afternoon for folks with kids doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me. The mingling part is good, but if people have to worry about getting prepared to return to work and childrens' routine the next day, they won't be able to let loose.

Cheylana
11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
The kid thing is tricky, mainly because I know he would probably like his 4 year old son there to celebrate with him and enjoy the party. (one of the things he enjoys most in life is watching his son have fun). But to have his son there as the only child in the room would be rough on the little guy, ergo the addition of the 3 cousins to the mix to at least have some youngers to have fun with. (However,most of the attendees have kids, to allow ALL their children would basically mean fifteen children in total ages 7 and younger. At which point it turns into a kid party and not an adult event). That's why I figured I could get away with limiting it to family kids only, as they're FAMILY.
Ahh, I see. Well, good luck with your planning!