PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

soxxy
11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I want Nancy and Tristan to stay as well and voted for her, but she has seven points to make up on the next lowest scorer, Krob. Is that too many points to make up with viewer votes? Last week I think she made up four points over David.

danceronice
11-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I want Nancy and Tristan to stay as well and voted for her, but she has seven points to make up on the next lowest scorer, Krob. Is that too many points to make up with viewer votes? Last week I think she made up four points over David.

Depends on how badly the producers want her gone....would the ratings and publicity from a Shocking Elimination (tm) of one of the others pay bigger dividends than eliminating her and keeping krob or Hope.

Aceon6
11-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Well it's the percentage that she needs to get. What percentage of total judges votes did she get as compared with folks just above her? She'll need her viewer vote percentage to be high enough to push her over someone else.

Here are the calculations from last nite:
JR 60 23%
Hope 52 20%
Ricki 52 20%
Rob 51 20%
Nancy 44 17%

Garden Kitty
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know how much they pay the celebrities to be on the show? I read someone that someone (can't remember who but that person got eliminated pretty early) in the past got $700K. Holly molly. How much do they pay the dancers? Like Tom said (love him, BTW, he's so funny and quick-witted), Tristan deserves hazard pay.

If you mean DWTS (vs Strictly Come Dancing) The only one we knew for sure was Shaun Johnson since her contract had to be approved by the court since she's a minor. I believe it's generally $125.000 for the training period and the first and last weeks's shows. Shaun got a bonus for each additional week that she was on, and the amount of the bonus increased over the weeks. I think it ended up being about $350K if she made it to the finals.

skatingfan5
11-08-2011, 09:08 PM
If you mean DWTS (vs Strictly Come Dancing) The only one we knew for sure was Shaun Johnson since her contract had to be approved by the court since she's a minor. I believe it's generally $125.000 for the training period and the first and last weeks's shows. Shaun got a bonus for each additional week that she was on, and the amount of the bonus increased over the weeks. I think it ended up being about $350K if she made it to the finals.Yes, according to the article skatesindreams linked, Shawn made a total of $365,000 from DWTS.

Cheylana
11-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I think "it depends" -- i.e., the fee can be negotiated. There probably is some base fee (not sure what that might be though).I had read that Kate Gosselin was a "star" who was paid something exorbitant like that -- maybe even $800 K. I believe someone posted information about the pro fees earlier, but Ican't remember what it was, unfortunately.
UGH!!!!!!!!! :blah:

Susan1
11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Our work-study is a vet and even though she's Navy and he's Army, she's pulling hard for JR. See, he even overrides inter-service rivalry!

(Reading his DWTS bio page...his soap character is named "Brot"? Is that a typo?)

Nope. His name was Brot. All of us AMC watchers were always wondering where they came up with that one. I don't think we ever found out.

Susan1
11-08-2011, 11:37 PM

One of the news programs this morning said that some "group" was so incensed by what Len said that they were all speed voting (or whatever) to keep her on even though they don't like her dancing. Geez.

Badams
11-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I would like to see Nancy stay and Hope go. And I can't stand Nancy!

skatingfan5
11-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I would like to see Nancy stay and Hope go. And I can't stand Nancy!Well, she only needs 3.1% more votes than Hope for that to occur, so it very well could turn out that way. I'm sure its likely that the multitudes of Kardashian followers will ensure Krob staying on another week.

danceronice
11-09-2011, 12:14 AM
One of the news programs this morning said that some "group" was so incensed by what Len said that they were all speed voting (or whatever) to keep her on even though they don't like her dancing. Geez.

Which may be what they're trying to provoke...

..."Brot?" The hell?

my little pony
11-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Well, she only needs 3.1% more votes than Hope for that to occur, so it very well could turn out that way. I'm sure its likely that the multitudes of Kardashian followers will ensure Krob staying on another week.

arent they still in mourning? crying in front of their home made shrines made of spandex and spermicide

danceronice
11-09-2011, 01:40 AM
arent they still in mourning? crying in front of their home made shrines made of spandex and spermicide

Where is the brain bleach when I need it.....

Garden Kitty
11-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Poor Bruce - reduced to sitting in the second row behind Kris Jenner.

hirshey girl
11-09-2011, 02:12 AM
All I have to say after watching the ladies dance is I want to be Anna. :D