FiveRinger
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Live report....no articles yet

Veronika
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20542776,00.html

PeterG
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Jury reaches verdict in involuntary manslaughter case against Michael Jackson's doctor (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/diverse-focused-jury-trial-michael-jacksons-doctor-resumes-173958554.html)

Outside the courthouse, supporters and fans of Michael Jackson seemed to get word that the jury had reached a verdict. They started cheering and started chanting, "Guilty! Guilty!"

Is there a standard amount of jail time that someone convicted of involuntary manslaugher will serve? Or can it vary on the case...and is the judge the one who decides on the length of time to serve?

Twizzler
11-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Our local news said he could get jail time, probation, or house arrest.

attyfan
11-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Here's another article:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45161548/ns/today-entertainment/

California law provides a range of sentences, depending upon the presence (or absence) of mitigating or aggravating circumstances. The judge will make a determination as to the applicable factors and impose sentence. According to the article, sentencing date is Nov 29, with a potential maximum of four years.

Bostonfan
11-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Lindsay Lohan served 4 hours of a 30 day sentence due to over-crowding. I'm betting Dr. Feelgood doesn't get any jail time. Just probation. Here's hoping the story will just go away. I try to avoid all the celebrity-related court stuff, but can't seem to escape it.

Lacey
11-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, if he already remanded him to prison, and off he was taken, handcuffed and surprised, does that make a prison sentence more likely than probation or house arrest?

BaileyCatts
11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Never mind. Ignore post. I should read links first. :o

Sparks
11-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Well, if he already remanded him to prison, and off he was taken, handcuffed and surprised, does that make a prison sentence more likely than probation or house arrest?

Not necessarily. The time he spends in custody will be counted as credit time served.

nubka
11-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Will he loose his license to practice medicine? Maybe he's already lost it? :confused:

Twizzler
11-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Will he loose his license to practice medicine? Maybe he's already lost it? :confused:

Yes. He will no longer be able to practice (thank goodness!!!)

KHenry14
11-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Yes. He will no longer be able to practice (thank goodness!!!)

Considering what MJ was paying him, he may not need to work.

I suspect he'll do some time, seeing as he was trying to hide evidence of his guilt.

Kasey
11-08-2011, 03:55 PM
About effing time. I believe in the system of justice, but really, see no reason why a court trial should have been wasted on this loser. ANY doctor (or nurse, even) with a brain knows better than use Propofol, of all things, in a home setting with NO medical staff or equipment; to monitor closely ANY patient receiving the drug (in most hospitals, it is used only in OR, ER or ICU; we use it only in OR or ICU, on intubated/vented patients who are on all kinds of monitoring devices); and for feck's sake, knows when to start freaking CPR!! What a waste of oxygen this man is.

Vash01
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
About effing time. I believe in the system of justice, but really, see no reason why a court trial should have been wasted on this loser. ANY doctor (or nurse, even) with a brain knows better than use Propofol, of all things, in a home setting with NO medical staff or equipment; to monitor closely ANY patient receiving the drug (in most hospitals, it is used only in OR, ER or ICU; we use it only in OR or ICU, on intubated/vented patients who are on all kinds of monitoring devices); and for feck's sake, knows when to start freaking CPR!! What a waste of oxygen this man is.

Agreed. However, we still have to go through the correct procedure, as per our constitution.

His lawyer said they are going to appeal the decision. This man should never be allowed to treat a patient again. He has shown a complete lack of ethics & responsibility. I am glad he is going to serve at least some time in jail.

Vagabond
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Considering what MJ was paying him, he may not need to work.

Considering what Michael Jackson's income and earnings potential were, a wrongful death action brought on behalf of his children could wipe out whatever savings Murray has.

As for the California medical license, it was suspended before trial and will almost certainly now be revoked. I have no idea whether Murray is licensed in other states.