PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Wyliefan
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
She played a total twit on House. (Sorry, Cameron fans.) I'm glad she finally gets to play a likable character.

Bostonfan
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
I read somewhere that the original time of the town clock (8:15) was an homage to LOST's flight 815 :)

HeatherC
11-30-2011, 01:16 AM
I read somewhere that the original time of the town clock (8:15) was an homage to LOST's flight 815 :)

I read that too and I was actually reading a OUAT article earlier today that mentioned the address for the Mayor's residence was 108 (reference to the numbers on Lost) which I missed in the pilot. Pretty fun for the fans of Lost but everyone else is probably like, whatever, LOL :lol:

BigB08822
11-30-2011, 05:38 AM
I thought I recognized that candy bar! lol

This show is great. The only line that bothered me was when Emma said "he is my son, too." Really? That is just so wrong. Even if you think the boy needs help right now you don't just swoop in and get to take over the role of Mom. That is the only thing that has bothered me on this show.

Wyliefan
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM
I agree, the adoption part of the storyline has definitely been a little off.

genevieve
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think there has ever been any doubt about the evil mayor; she has known exactly what is up from day one. I think her problem is that she got caught in a curse of her own making; the curse is no happy endings for anyone in Storybrooke and that includes her. Things aren't quite working out as she imagined they would.

No, the curse was that only she would get her happy ending. But as the curse unravels, her happy ending disappears.

The first 2 episodes I thought the mayor was unaware, and that was how her "happy ending" got skewed - that she wasn't able to remember that all of it was her doing. And I loved the idea that only Rumplstiltskin* seemed to know what was going on in the town (besides Henry). The framework was stronger with that in mind. Now she seems 2-dimensional - I get zero sense that she loves Henry at all, so why does she even have him? I have hope there will be a long-term way of dealing with this, but it's the only disappointment I have with the series.

* For Good Wife fans, does Rumplestiltskin not remind you a wee bit of Eli Gold? His Storybrooke character is even named Mr Gold! :rofl: Robert Carlyle is doing an amazing job on this show :cheer2:

Bostonfan
11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I have not been following the show all that closely, but if IIRC her father was named Henry and she had to sacrifice him to make the curse happen. So maybe she believes that parenting Henry is her way to achieving happiness.

Skittl1321
11-30-2011, 03:12 PM
The first 2 episodes I thought the mayor was unaware, and that was how her "happy ending" got skewed - that she wasn't able to remember that all of it was her doing. And I loved the idea that only Rumplstiltskin* seemed to know what was going on in the town (besides Henry).

I guess we all interpret it differently. I've never had the impression that the mayor didn't know exactly what was going on. I thought her shock over Mr. Gold's "please" was that she found out HE knew what was going on too- and she was sure he wouldn't.

TanithandBenFan
11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
That was almost why I didn't watch THIS show. I hated the actress on HIMYM. She was a horribly unlikeable character, and had like a half-season arc.

I felt the same. Couldn't stand her on HIMYM, but I find her very likable on OUAT. So glad because I love this show!

emason
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM
I guess we all interpret it differently. I've never had the impression that the mayor didn't know exactly what was going on. I thought her shock over Mr. Gold's "please" was that she found out HE knew what was going on too- and she was sure he wouldn't.

That's definitely how I interpreted it.

AshleyN
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
The first 2 episodes I thought the mayor was unaware, and that was how her "happy ending" got skewed - that she wasn't able to remember that all of it was her doing. And I loved the idea that only Rumplstiltskin* seemed to know what was going on in the town (besides Henry). The framework was stronger with that in mind. Now she seems 2-dimensional - I get zero sense that she loves Henry at all, so why does she even have him? I have hope there will be a long-term way of dealing with this, but it's the only disappointment I have with the series.

* For Good Wife fans, does Rumplestiltskin not remind you a wee bit of Eli Gold? His Storybrooke character is even named Mr Gold! :rofl: Robert Carlyle is doing an amazing job on this show :cheer2:The impression I've gotten is she really wants to love Henry but is basically incapable of love at this point, possibly as a result of what she did to her father. She does seem to care for him at least - I never got the impression that her concern for him down in the mine was fake.

TanithandBenFan
12-04-2011, 03:15 AM
@joshdallas (Prince Charming) will be live tweeting and answering questions during tomorrow night's East and West coast airings. :)

Cachoo
12-04-2011, 04:37 AM
I agree, the adoption part of the storyline has definitely been a little off.

I always wondered if that was to make the evil queen just a tad less dark. I think she yearns for a mother/son relationship but she sabotages herself and everyone else for that matter. I don't hate this woman but the queen in Snow White frightened me the first time I saw the movie. Of course I was six years old then...

HeatherC
12-04-2011, 05:44 AM
@joshdallas (Prince Charming) will be live tweeting and answering questions during tomorrow night's East and West coast airings. :)

I can't wait for that! He seems like a really great guy and I can't wait to see his comments and answers. :cheer:

Orable
12-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Ooh, thanks for the headsup!