PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Buzz
11-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I am trying to get into this show but just can't. That ball with everyone included was just a bit much.

Wyliefan
11-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Hehe, totally random but OUAT related...

US senior men's skater Grant Hochstein was lamenting on Twitter earlier tonight about waiting so long for Pan Am to start (this was around 7:30 PM I think) so I tweeted the to him that he should check out OUAT while he waits for Pan Am. Well, I just saw on my feed a bit ago that he actually did check the show out and now he's hooked on it too! :D I told him to check out the pilot episode to get caught up with the main story and that I was happy he had enjoyed the show. How fun that he actually took my suggestion! Maybe I can convert everyone I follow into a fan so we never have to worry about the ratings, LOL :lol: :cheer:

Hee! Nice work! :D

professordeb
11-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I was telling hubby about it a bit cause he was hanging nearby before he needed to leave. He watched for a few minutes while I explained a bit of the story lines ... and then realized he wasn't heading to the door very quickly. Apparently he thinks it's something that he might consider watching. :)

Skittl1321
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Isn't selling babies illegal? Why need to make a deal? Otherwise, a very good episode. I found Cinderella very sympathetic. I wonder why Rumple wants the baby so bad. Is it just an addiction to making deals?

Well, he got the queen Henry- so maybe he trades babies all over the place. And yeah, it's illegal. But I suppose you could also call it a "private adoption", and that the money is not to pay for the baby- but even then, the birth Mom has rights to change her mind. (And it has to be done in court, you don't just go grab a baby from the Mom in the hospital).

But Mr. Gold doesn't seem to actually function by real world rules. I wonder how much of Stoneybrooke is actually tied into the United States. If they can't leave, do they participate in outside government? (Vote for president...) Do they watch current TV?

Wyliefan
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
I am trying to get into this show but just can't. That ball with everyone included was just a bit much.

That was a bit goofy, but still kind of fun, I thought. I saw someone's tweet (paraphrasing from memory): "So all the princesses are on the same party circuit? #realhousewivesofstorybrook"

PRlady
11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Personally I think the princes need to be upgraded. :drama: Cindarella's is really a doofus and even James is not that much of a hottie.

If Andrew Poje wasn't otherwise occupied....

:shuffle:

Wyliefan
11-14-2011, 04:36 PM
They're sweet guys, though. I liked how they banded together, along with Snow White, to help Cinderella. And how Cinderella's prince was supportive instead of being all "You dumb blonde, you promised him WHAT?"

AshleyN
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Personally I think the princes need to be upgraded. :drama: Cindarella's is really a doofus and even James is not that much of a hottie.

If Andrew Poje wasn't otherwise occupied....

:shuffle:Hmm, Cinderella's prince was pretty wooden (which sucks because the casting had been pretty great up to that point) but I totally fell in love with James last week. The princes in fairytales are generally :blah:, but I think Josh Dallas has done a good job of giving him an actual personality so far. And while he may not be Sheriff Hottie, he's still plenty goodlooking to me.

Latte
11-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Is Emma a fairy tale person, or just a modern regular person? I haven't been watching all of every episode so I don't know all the story. The fact that she can leave makes it look like she is a real person.

AshleyN
11-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Is Emma a fairy tale person, or just a modern regular person? I haven't been watching all of every episode so I don't know all the story. The fact that she can leave makes it look like she is a real person.She's Snow White and Prince James Charmings' daughter. Before the Queen set off the curse Rumplestiltskin told them that she was the only one who could break it, so they sent her to the real world just before it took hold.

Wyliefan
11-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Prince James Charming -- love it. :D It's nice that he finally has a real name!

Oh, and already there's a Regina/Sheriff fan community on LiveJournal. Some people will ship anything. :rofl:

pat c
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
I know. I sorta saw it coming, but I was really hoping it was wrong.

I was the same. I thought dayum, they wouldn't do that would they? ;)

Count me as another fan.

ChelleC
11-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Oh, and already there's a Regina/Sheriff fan community on LiveJournal. Some people will ship anything. :rofl:

You're just figuring that out? :lol:

AshleyN
11-15-2011, 12:41 AM
You're just figuring that out? :lol:Seriously. :lol:

I think "Wincest" destroyed any expectations I had of sanity when it comes to online fandoms.

Wyliefan
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
You're just figuring that out? :lol:

Well, no, I had some inkling before that. :D It just seems like every time I start to forget it, some new weird ship springs up to remind me.