PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Skittl1321
11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
I was not into fairy tales as a kid and most certain read none except Tom Thumb, so this show has me lost already. Who is the Huntsman?

In Snow White he is ordered by the queen to cut out snow white's heart. Instead he let's her go, and gives.the queen a pigs heart.

BigB08822
11-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I was not into fairy tales as a kid and most certain read none except Tom Thumb, so this show has me lost already. Who is the Huntsman?

In Snow White he is ordered by the queen to cut out snow white's heart. Instead he let's her go, and gives.the queen a pigs heart.

Thanks for the explanation. I remember now but I also didn't get into fairy tales so a lot of these characters are vaguely familiar but I have a hard time remembering their back stories which helps a lot when watching this show.

Artemis@BC
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
So what do we think about the Mayor? Is she caught in the curse too, but with the odd sense of what's going on and what might endanger her power trip? Or is she fully aware of her former evil-queeness?

I'm thinking the former. It did lean toward the latter for a while in last week's episode -- I thought "aha, busted!" when the doctor called her about coma-Charming. But then that was fairly plausibly explained by her being the emergency contact. So I'm back to thinking that, while she is a power-mad control freak, she is indeed caught in the curse and not fully aware of who she is.

Skittl1321
11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't think she is caught in the curse. The curse was to take away all the happy endings, so that she was the only one with one. Part of her happiness relies on knowing everyone else is unhappy. They all seem to be leading pretty content lives, like normal people, so unless she knows what she took away from them, the curse seems pretty pointless.

genevieve
11-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I originally thought it was the former - and I think the show would be stronger for it - but last episode certainly made me reconsider. I like the idea that even when the people don't know their identities or pasts their true selves leak through - very LOST, indeed. I less like the idea that the Evil Queen just made this whole world up and she and Rumplestiltskin are the only ones who know what's what (and I'm convinced that he does know about the curse, which makes sense - it's his curse, right? Love to have him toying with them all, including the Queen.

jamesy
11-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I am interested in seeing how the Rumplestiltskin/Evil Queen story plays out. It looked like the reason the Queen was so willing to agree to Rumplestiltskin's request was that she was sure he would have no memory of it in the new world.

AshleyN
11-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I was wavering on whether or not she knows the truth, but after the most recent episode I'm pretty convinced that she knows everything except for who Emma is. Actually, IIRC didn't the "Previously on..." segment flat out say that she knows? Plus, remember how freaked out she looked at Rumplestiltskin's "Please?" It could have gone either way between her realizing that she couldn't say no to him or realizing that he knows too, but now I really think it was the latter.

HeatherC
11-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Tonight's ep has been freaking awesome. I still need to watch last week's to get totally caught up but I love how they weave the fairy tale part into the real life part. :)

AshleyN
11-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Oh, Sheriff Hottie, why?

HeatherC
11-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Oh, Sheriff Hottie, why?

I had the same thought! Clearly he's not in his own frame of mind, LOL :lol:

Cinder....Ash.....the way they do the names on this show is insanely creative! :respec:

Wyliefan
11-14-2011, 02:28 AM
I had the same thought! Clearly he's not in his own frame of mind, LOL :lol:

Cinder....Ash.....the way they do the names on this show is insanely creative! :respec:

My brain's not working tonight. I didn't get the ASHley thing until someone pointed it out, and I definitely did not see that sheriff thing coming! Man, he has terrible taste.

ChelleC
11-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Oh, Sheriff Hottie, why?

I know. I sorta saw it coming, but I was really hoping it was wrong.

professordeb
11-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Sheriff Hottie seems to be playing both sides in our time. Wonder if it will come back and bite him?

HeatherC
11-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Hehe, totally random but OUAT related...

US senior men's skater Grant Hochstein was lamenting on Twitter earlier tonight about waiting so long for Pan Am to start (this was around 7:30 PM I think) so I tweeted the to him that he should check out OUAT while he waits for Pan Am. Well, I just saw on my feed a bit ago that he actually did check the show out and now he's hooked on it too! :D I told him to check out the pilot episode to get caught up with the main story and that I was happy he had enjoyed the show. How fun that he actually took my suggestion! Maybe I can convert everyone I follow into a fan so we never have to worry about the ratings, LOL :lol: :cheer:

manhn
11-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Isn't selling babies illegal? Why need to make a deal? Otherwise, a very good episode. I found Cinderella very sympathetic. I wonder why Rumple wants the baby so bad. Is it just an addiction to making deals?