PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38]

ChelleC
05-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Rumple and Belle fanvid that I just found on tumblr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J81ZJr8LjMA

Spareoom
05-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Man, combining Emilie De Ravin + Lost + Belle and Rumple just = all sorts of teary bittersweetness, haha.

~tapdancer~
05-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Part of the "mythology" of the show was that Emma was the one who could break the curse, which would start some sort of battle. I don't recall anyone actually saying that the fairytale characters would go back to their realm after the curse was broken, just that they'd remember who they were. Rumple constructed the curse, he sent everyone to this world because that's where Bae is. Rumples couldn't leave Storybrooke because of the curse, so of course he wanted to help Emma break it. But there's no way he's going back to the Enchanted Forest until he can find Bae.Yes, I remember when Rumple was in his cell in Fairytale land and telling Snow and Charming that Emma would break the curse and then the "final battle will begin". I agree that breaking the curse would just mean they would remember who they were.

When the curse was broken and the nurses and Dr. Whale were standing there looking stunned, I started wondering who Dr. Whale was in Fairytale land. I'd never really thought about it before. I wonder if he was anyone significant.

I was going to ask if anyone knew who Dr. Whale was...obviously he is a fairytale character but I don't think we know who yet. Either that or I missed it early on.

I think we all knew that Henry would survive and it would be his mom's "true love kiss"!

When does the show return? September? I can't wait!!!

Garden Kitty
05-15-2012, 02:18 AM
When the curse was broken and the nurses and Dr. Whale were standing there looking stunned, I started wondering who Dr. Whale was in Fairytale land. I'd never really thought about it before. I wonder if he was anyone significant.

Very often the names on this show mean something - Regina for the Queen, Ruby for Red Riding Hood and Gold for Rumplestilsken. Dr Whale is too unusual a name to not mean something.

walei
05-15-2012, 02:23 AM
I didn't quite catch the scene where Mr. Gold I think said he splashed a bit of the potion on something and that's why Emma is the savior. Can anyone recap it briefly for me?

Enjoyed the finale, thought the dragon fighting sequence was superbly done. Really intrigued what the purple smoke monster is LOL.

TanithandBenFan
05-15-2012, 02:28 AM
I didn't quite catch the scene where Mr. Gold I think said he splashed a bit of the potion on something and that's why Emma is the savior. Can anyone recap it briefly for me?

Enjoyed the finale, thought the dragon fighting sequence was superbly done. Really intrigued what the purple smoke monster is LOL.

I think he said he put a drop of it on the parchment he used for Regina's curse.

Amy L
05-15-2012, 02:41 AM

Rumples made a love potion using hairs he got from Charming and Snow White. Rumples put a drop of the potion in the parchment for the curse, so that Emma (the product of true love) would be the savior.

walei
05-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks TanithandBenFan and AmyL!

mpal2
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm late to the party because I missed it Sunday and had to wait for a Hulu viewing. :)

I forgot that Rumple's son was still missing which could explain a different motivation but I was thinking of another line of thought last night. I was thinking that since Rumple had created the original curse and developed a loophole that he had originally intented to end up in the real world with magic. I don't think he ever intended for anyone to return once Emma broke the curse. I thought his motivation was a mad power grab in another world. It could still be a combination of finding his son and more power though. Who knows with Rumple.

BigB08822
05-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Great great episode!!!! I have many many thoughts but need to get them all organized before I start rambling.

Cachoo
05-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I sort of hope the evil queen can be rehabilitated. That would require another, perhaps worse, villain.

BigB08822
05-16-2012, 03:57 AM
You know, when Emma and Regina began working together to save the boy I started to imagine a world where they were no longer enemies. I could totally see that happening with what Rumple did at the end of the episode. I don't think it WILL happen but the writers could go there if they want. I could see them teaming up to stop Rumple from whatever plan he has. However, I think Regina/Queen still has every intention of taking out Emma since she had the evil little smirk. I think she knows that Rumple has done something (I am guessing he brought magic back) and she can use it to her advantage, too. Now that the curse is broken I don't know what good it will do to be rid of Emma but she clearly knows how to hold a grudge. Maybe she will go back to focusing on hurting Snow (which could be another reason to hurt Emma).

Garden Kitty
05-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Piper Gilles weighs in on twitter:

The season finally of Once Upon a Time was sick!! It makes me want to live in a magical land and take the evil queen down!

Artemis@BC
05-29-2012, 10:40 PM
You know, when Emma and Regina began working together to save the boy I started to imagine a world where they were no longer enemies. I could totally see that happening with what Rumple did at the end of the episode. I don't think it WILL happen but the writers could go there if they want. I could see them teaming up to stop Rumple from whatever plan he has. However, I think Regina/Queen still has every intention of taking out Emma since she had the evil little smirk. I think she knows that Rumple has done something (I am guessing he brought magic back) and she can use it to her advantage, too. Now that the curse is broken I don't know what good it will do to be rid of Emma but she clearly knows how to hold a grudge. Maybe she will go back to focusing on hurting Snow (which could be another reason to hurt Emma).

Yup, that look on Regina's face when she saw the purple cloud of magic rolling in pretty much said it all. Although it's no longer a case of just Regina vs Emma -- I think it's more of a case of The Queen wanting to reassert her power over everyone and everything.

I just caught up with the last two episodes, and I have to say I'm pretty darned satisfied with the season ender. I liked that "true love" included Emma's mother love -- even though it made me shout "kiss him, kiss him" about 20 minutes before that in a kind of icky way. :P Loved the ending-with-a-beginning: just when you were wondering how they could carry how they could carry things on to another season ...

But did no one else notice the line from one of the dwarves when Snow was unloading all her weapons before going off to parley with the Queen. "Keep the little knife between your tuffets." :rofl: I just about fell off the couch laughing at that one.

One question though: I can't remember how the Storybrook version of "Belle" ended up what I assume was some kind of mental hospital. And what was it Jefferson/Hatter to tell her to tell Gold, and why is it important?

ChelleC
05-30-2012, 01:17 AM
One question though: I can't remember how the Storybrook version of "Belle" ended up what I assume was some kind of mental hospital. And what was it Jefferson/Hatter to tell her to tell Gold, and why is it important?

Regina had Belle locked up in fairytale land when the curse struck, so Regina also locked her up in Storybrook.

Jefferson told her to tell Mr. Gold that Regina had locked her up. It was his revenge on Regina, and now Gold will definitely be going after Regina next season.